Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > This Is What It Means To Fall

10- Aftercare

by kaydom

Brendon feels badly for hurting Juliette.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-09-24 - Updated: 2011-11-27 - 1766 words

?Blocked
(Juliette's POV)

I woke up and started stretching but immediately stopped, moaning in pain. Moving my body wasn't a good idea. Everything exploded in pain when I moved. What the hell? I remembered Brendon hitting me with his belt and tears spilled from my eyes as I opened them and looked around. I was on my stomach and it was dark in the room. Where did Brendon go?

"Would you like to watch some television?" Brendon asked, making me jump. I couldn't see him because he was in the closet but he must have heard my moan and realized I was awake because he popped out of the closet and grabbed the remote, handing it to me. "Here. Whatever you want to watch."

My hand shook as I went to grab the remote from his hand but I ended up just knocking it to the ground. I closed my eyes, waiting for him to explode. "Juliette?" Brendon's concerned voice flooded my head. I opened my eyes to see him kneeling at the end of the bed, holding the remote out for me again.

I wrapped my hands around the remote, having something clutched in my hand helped stop the shaking. "Thanks." I mumbled, staring at the remote as I tried to avoid looking at him.

"No problem." He said, standing up. I heard the door close and wondered where he had gone off to but I ignored it and flipped through the channels, trying to find something that I could focus on.

I didn't want to focus on being here and the pain I felt was almost unbearable. Everytime I moved I hurt. It wasn't a dull ache. It was a sharp neverending throb.

Brendon came back in to the room after a few minutes, going straight to the bathroom. I heard the water turn on and started focusing on the television show I'd picked. Wizards of waverly place. It was a cute show. Brendon popped up with a smile on his face, gaining my attention. "Ready for a bath?" He asked, softly.

"Not really." It was the truth. I worried about how much water would hurt right now. "But sure." I added, not in any physical condition to deny him at the moment.

Brendon nodded, "I know but I want you to get clean. Then I'll bandage your back. You have open cuts so I'd rather it be bandaged... I don't want an infection." He said softly, coming closer to the bed. I was moving slowly, stepping off of the bed. He reached for me and I stiffened, "Please don't touch me Brendon." I begged. I didn't want his hands on my skin. I didn't want to feel him.

Brendon backed away, "Oh okay." He said, sounding sad. His sad tone made me slightly angry but I didn't show it. What right did he have to be the sad one? He had inflicted pain upon me, not the other way around!

Standing up felt weird. I got a little dizzy. I felt like I would pass out, that couldn't be normal. Each step stretched my muscles and caused a spasm of pain. It really wasn't fun and the bathroom seemed to be forever away.

Finally I made it to the bathroom and realized I was quite cold. Was the air conditioning on? Oh, wait. No I was just naked. Lovely. Brendon was still standing by the bed looking lost. I closed the door on him, making a fist as I fought the urge to lock it. Not being an idiot won out and I left it unlocked again. Sometimes I wondered if I could just lock myself in this bathroom forever. I really knew that wouldn't work though, unfortunately.

The bathroom mirror didnt show me much. It wasn't a full length mirror. There was one in the closet but I didn't really feel like waltzing out there just to stare at myself. The bath was filled and there were a lot of bubbles. I smiled a little. I loved bubbles. It had been awhile since I'd had a bubble bath.

I stepped in slowly, just standing in the warm water at first. It felt hotter than it was against my cold skin but that was expected. I figured it wouldn't feel good either way so I might as well just get it over with. With that thought lingering I lowered myself in to the water, groaning as the water hit the back of my thighs and my back. That was painful. There was a knock on the door, "Are you okay Juliette?" Brendon asked.

I wasn't okay. "Yeah." I called back, sinking in to the bathtub and sighing in pleasure. The warm water hurt but felt so good at the same time. I played with the bubbles, trying to ignore the stinging.

"Okay well uh, call my name if you need help!" Brendon yelled, sounding nervous.

I didn't respond. Instead I picked up the shampoo after getting my hair wet, then I started lathering my hair. Happy to feel clean. Kind of. I still felt kind of dirty but I figured that feeling wouldn't leave. Who asks to be hurt? I did. I told Brendon I didn't want good. I still didn't. What was wrong with me?

I brushed some bubbles out of the way and noticed the water was a strange shade. It wasn't clear as it should be. Instead it had a red tint. Did I have that much blood on me? I angrily started pushing the soapy bubbles out of the tub so that I could see the water. The bubbles spilled out on to the bathroom floor and I looked in horror at how my wounds had changed the waters color.

The door opened just a little bit and I jumped in surprise. I didn't have any bubbles to cover my body with now. Brendon's head popped in to the bathroom and he stared at the bubbles on the floor in confusion, "Do you not like bubbles?" He asked, wrinkling his nose.

"I love bubbles." I whispered, looking down at the water. My body looked fine from this angle. It didn't look like I had previously been beaten. How strange, right? To look in one place and see nothing. I shuddered to think of what the other side of me looked like.

"Are you allergic to anything?" Brendon asked.

I looked up at him in confusion, "Are you wanting to kill me off by giving me something I'm allergic to?" I asked. That would be quite lame.

"Of course not." he said, sounding insulted. "I want to make sure I don't make you something that you're allergic to. You need to eat."

I shook my head, "No allergies that I know of."

"Care to tell me why you displaced all of the bubbles?" Brendon asked softly.

"To remind myself to hate you." I replied coldly.

"Am I still not allowed kind gestures?" Brendon asked, keeping his tone calm.

I watched him in obvious confusion, "Have you been attempting to be kind? Oh, I must be mistaken. I thought you were the guy that beat me the other night. Must be another douchebag holding me against my will." I replied harshly. Kind gestures? As if.

Brendon sighed and walked further in to the bathroom. I figured he'd probably drown me now. I shouldn't be so openly rude to a violent man when I'm in such a position to be murdered easily.

Instead he sat on the edge of the tub and looked at the color of the water, "It washed away the blood. I hope you don't have to take anymore baths colored this way." He said softly, seeming legitimately upset with the situation.

"This didn't have to happen." I said, staring down. I expected him to attack me at any moment. Was he just taking his time for the suspense to build? I couldn't die. I had to die terrified.

"I know." Brendon surprised me by agreeing. "I don't want to hurt you again." He admitted, looking down at his hands. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I swear that's never my aim." His voice broke but he continued, "You just make me so mad and I don't know what to do."

"Walking away is usually good when angry." I suggested.

Brendon seemed to perk up at that and he smiled at me, "You're right... Hmm, walking away. I'll walk away from now on." He made it sound so easy, as if everything was now fixed.

I just nodded and dunked my head under the water to wash away the shampoo. Immediately I felt Brendon's arm pull me up and I blinked in surprise, wiping the water from my eyes, "What?" I asked.

"What are you doing?" He asked with widened eyes.

"Washing my hair." I replied. Did he think I was trying to kill myself? I couldn't do that. After all what fun would suicide be for him... Damn asshole.

"Oh." He said, letting go of my arm. He stood and left for a second, returning with a cup. "This should be more comfortable." he said, dunking the cup in the water. "Let me..." I didn't want to let him do anything but I didn't object so he slowly poured the water of my hair, running his fingers through my hair to get rid of all of the shampoo. He did that quite a few times until he was pleased that it was all out. "Conditioner?" He asked.

I shook my head, "I kinda wanna get out now if that's okay." I said, uncomfortable.

Brendon nodded and grabbed a towel, holding it open for me, "Do you need my help getting out?" He asked.

"No." I said, using the sides of the tub to get myself out. I didn't want his hands on my body. Quickly I made my way to the towel though so that I wouldn't be standing naked. Brendon gently wrapped it around me and I winced as it wrapped around my back.

"Lets get you back in bed." Brendon said softly, directing me towards the bed. I sat down, shivering and Brendon threw a blanket over me. I didn't want to get the blanket wet but the room was really cold so I simply pulled it tighter to my body, ignoring the pain as I sat.

The television was still on but now a really stupid show had started. I didn't know the name of it but it was already looking extremely tacky so I started flipping through the channels again as Brendon left the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story