Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Next Overlord

An Unexpected Visitor

by JLawrence_Kenny 1 review

Someone unexpected, but predictably so, shows up in the Netherworld

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Harry,Luna - Published: 2011-09-25 - Updated: 2011-09-26 - 1377 words

5Original
Ooh, boy. Long update time. Apologies. laughs nervously, hoping not to be murdered in unpleasant ways by his readers I'm actually quite happy with how this chapter came out, despite the fact that I spent ages not knowing what the hell to write about for this chapter. Hope you enjoy reading as much as I did writing it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An Unexpected Visitor

Harry sat on the Netherworld throne, watching interestedly as his Minions scurried to and fro, repairing the decrepit Tower. They lifted stone blocks larger than cows, swept the ground clear of any remaining debris, and buffed surfaces to a shine. Harry chuckled as he saw one Minion with a broom chasing a large rat. Whether he was just shooing it, or planning on eating it, Harry didn’t know. And to be perfectly frank, he didn’t want to know.

“Master, are you even listening to me?” Harry turned exasperatedly back to the old Minion, nodding his head. “Good. Now, we may have managed to secure both the fireball spell and the Red Minion Hive, but we still have a long way to go. As it is, we barely have the resources to man this entire tower, let alone command an empire. Our primary objective should be to gather plenty of Lifeforce so that we don’t find ourselves all squished by a troll simply because you ran out of Minions.”

Harry frowned. “But where are we going to get a substantial amount of Lifeforce? We’d be risking too much if we went in to the Forbidden Forest now, as we haven’t enough Minions to take on the Centaurs.”

“We could always raze a small town to the ground.” Gnarl grinned ferally. “A little slaughter never hurt anyone… Well, except for the ones being slaughtered, I suppose.”

Shaking his head, Harry replied, “No, Gnarl. We can’t be bringing too much attention to ourselves right now. Not when we’re still vulnerable.” The truth be told, Harry was still hesitant about dropping too far into the darkness. He no longer had any qualms about putting Death Eaters to their deaths, as it was the only way to do any real damage to Voldemort’s numbers, but condemning innocent people to the abyss just so he could gain more Minions? Harry didn’t know whether he would ever cross that bridge, but he certainly wasn’t crossing it right now. “What we need is a remote area hardly visited by humans but still full of animal life. Somewhere our presence will go unnoticed.”

Gnarl scratched his chin, thinking, when the deafening noise that accompanied the opening of a Netherworld portal interrupted their thoughts. “What in the blazes?” Gnarl narrowed his eyes as Harry stood up, hand on the hilt of his sword. He absent-mindedly wished he was wearing his armor, but the Minions were still busy removing most of the rust from the decrepit metal. “No one should have been able to find us so easily,” grumbled Gnarl.

“Quiet. Let’s just find out who it is, and what they want.” Harry watched silently as the portal opened. The ethereal light suffused the room once again, and a figure soon appeared out of the glare of the light. It was obviously feminine, with long blonde hair. She also wore a robe, clearly identifying her as a witch, but beyond that, Harry couldn’t tell, as she was looking the completely opposite direction from the throne where he stood.

He didn’t say anything for a moment, as the figure continued looking out into the massive cavern of the Netherworld. Then an airy voice emanated from her. “Well, I could have sworn this was the right place, but where on earth is the Overlord’s throne?” Harry recognized the voice almost immediately, but there was just no way…

“Luna, is that you?”

She turned around. “Oh, there you are Harry. I was wondering why the Netherworld seemed so empty.” Bloody hell, it was Luna. She was unmistakable as she practically bounced up to the throne and gave Harry a big hug. “Although, I suppose I should call you Master now, shouldn’t I? And who is this adorable little Minion?” She reached down and scratched Gnarl’s ears, silencing the sputtered protests emanating from the old creature and replacing them with what could only be described as a croon.

Harry knew he should really be getting used to these sudden revelations, but he found himself aghast once more. Not knowing where to start, he picked the most obvious concern, “Master…? Why would you call me Master?”

Luna looked at him incredulously, stopping her scratching of Gnarl’s head. Or it might have been her normal expression, Harry couldn’t quite tell. “Goodness, Harry, and I thought Ronald had a thick head. I’ve only been telling you for the past few weeks, haven’t I?”

Confused for a moment, Harry thought, then arrived at the answer. “Because you want to be my Mistress?”

“Oh goodie, your brain does work! I’m so glad to see the Nargles are starting to release their hold on you, Master.”

“Excuse me, young lady,” interrupted Gnarl, “But just how, may I ask did you manage to find your way in here? I specifically told the Netherworld to seal itself to any visitors until we told it otherwise.”

“Oh, it was quite easy, I merely replicated Harry’s magical aura, overrode your command, and told it to let me in.” She threw a something that looked like a pyramid at Gnarl, who quickly inspected it. “Now, Master, what is your first command for your Mistress? Should I walk around so I can add to the lovely atmosphere of the room? Or would you prefer me to help clean up the Private Quarters so that they’re fit for habitation, and so we can have a little fun later?” She accentuated the last sentence by sashaying her hips suggestively, and Harry quickly felt all the blood rush to his face as he blushed.

Suddenly, Mistresses seemed like a great idea to him.

“L-look, Luna, not that I don’t appreciate the offer, but can we talk about this later? We’re a little busy right now. And please, you can still just call me Harry.”

“While I certainly don’t mind the beautiful young lady moving about like this, I’d have to agree with the Master.” Harry saw an almost lecherous grin on the Minion’s face as he watched Luna’s lovely bottom sway back and forth. Scowling, Harry nudged the old bat a little harder than usual, and he quickly got back to business, though he kept stealing glances back to Luna. “Finding a remote area of the world is difficult these days, as the puny humans seem to have taken every bit of the globe for themselves. Greedy blighters. We’ll fix that eventually, but for now, our best bet would likely be someplace with a climate cold enough to dissuade the average human from visiting, but not so cold that there would be no life present either.”

Luna, who was now sitting in the Netherworld Throne sideways, he legs and head dangling off the uncomfortable armrests, raised her hand. “If it’s cold and desolate you’re looking for, I know the perfect place you could head to for Lifeforce gathering!”

Harry stared at Luna. How the bloody hell did she know more about this job than he did when she had only been there for five minutes? “Alright, Luna, let’s hear it.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Luna enters the fold of Harry's Mistresses! Well, she kinda just sauntered in and told Harry that she was whether he liked it or not, but again, I'm actually rather proud of how I portrayed her this chapter. I only hope you think the same. On a related note, I checked my site stats for shits and giggles, and I was surprised to find that, despite having not updated this story in forever, I was regularly getting around 100 hits per day. Wow! You guys are all awesome! I'll do my best to get another chapter up soon, as my workload has dropped a little bit, but no promises, loves. 'Til next time. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story