Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Just The Way That The Doctor Made Me

by shortcurlyfreak 3 reviews

He was the only one apart from Frank’s mother who knew about what Frank did, though that’s not all too surprising considering that Frank was a test subject for an illegal drug company.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Erotica,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-09-26 - Updated: 2011-09-26 - 848 words

1Original
Hi! First fanfiction so please be nice ;) This is kind of just a starter to see if its okay, and I haven’t written much in a while so it might not be fantastic at first… I guess I read so much I wanted to try writing one :D I’ll warn you now, it’s going to be a FRERARDY (you no like, you no read)


Frank looked down at his arm. The track marks hadn’t even slightly faded. Sighing, he thought to himself how impossible it would be for him to get another job when the one he was currently stuck with labelled him as a junkie with track marks and bloodshot eyes.

If that wasnt bad enough, he still had to pull out a vial of whatever they were testing on him every now and then. Anyone who walked into his apartment could take one glance at the tiny glass bottles, vials and syringes littered everywhere and immediately assume him to be an addict. Not that anyone ever went into the apartment. He was in observatory confinement so much that the few times he was let out he got so pissed in an attempt to live what little life he had left that he never usually returned until he had to sober up for his next test.

Not this time though.

Frank had promised Mikey that the next time he was out he would spend the time with him – and honestly, he wanted to. It had been way too long since the two had just hung out, and Frank couldn’t even remember what hanging out was like.

So, he pulled on a hoodie over a faded Black Flag t-shirt (Mikey would go berserk if he saw his arms, the track marks and scars, scars that were not all down to the company), smoothed down his ripped jeans and laced his scuffed converses. As he passed the cracked mirror in the hallway, his attempt at avoiding his reflection failed, resulting in catching an accidental glimpse of himself in the glass.

He flinched away from his reflection quickly, but it was too late – what was seen could not be unseen. It was almost as if he’d seen some other gaunt boy standing in his hallway. Someone else’s dull brown eyes glaring back at his, and someone else’s chapped lips and greasy outgrown Mohawk.

“Just someone else,” he murmured to himself, before stepping out the door of his apartment.

----------------------

Frank was coming today. For the first time in over six months, Mikey would be able to talk to him properly. Sober. Smiling into his coffee cup, Mikey imagined that beaming face and those glimmering eyes. Obviously he would look different, the years of drinking and drugs had taken its toll on the small boy, though the times Mikey did think of his best friend he liked to remember how he had been before he started at the company. Before his ‘realisation’ that he could die any day for what they were giving him, and before he began his mission of getting smashed and hooking up every night he was out of observatory. It was actually pretty amazing the amount sex Frank got – though when in one of his ‘I could die tomorrow so fuck everything’ moods, Frank was unstoppable.

Frank Iero – confusing straight men and lesbians since the day he was born. He really was damn good looking, with his rebellious blonde and black haircut and those rusty hazel eyes. When we were young, Frank had always been… Well, Frank. Bouncing about with a packet of Skittles in hand, babbling on about some new breed of dog he was going to ask him mum for or something. Mikey and he had been practically brothers since the day he moved in next door.

Frank would come over almost everyday after school, sleeping over every other weekend and occasionally watching the odd horror movie with Gerard – Mikey’s brother. Mikey had felt kind of abandoned when Frank’s mother got ill and they had moved, (shortly followed by Frank starting at that goddamned company) and this feeling was only exacerbated when Gerard went to art collage.

Mikey had stayed on to do A-Levels with Ray and Bob, his only friends, but he had still missed them both. To Mikey, the difference between Gerard and Frank’s reason for leaving Belleville highlighted just how much he needed to get Frank out of that ‘job’ – it was slowly killing him, and all he could do was watch.

He was the only one apart from Frank’s mother who knew about what Frank did, though that’s not all too surprising considering that Frank was a test subject for an illegal drug company.

R&R please if you think I should keep going! And tell me anything I should work on please n.n I will try to update soon but i have internet...issues and im really bad at updating things ¬.¬ I tired to do this story ages ago and failed, so im starting again :D
Sign up to rate and review this story