Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Married in the life of Ryden

Put another ex on the calendar

by Uriefury 3 reviews

The next chapter, and this ones a biggie! It would've had an authors note but ficwad doesnt like me.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-10-02 - Updated: 2011-10-02 - 1973 words

1Exciting
Ryan's POV:

"Hey Spencie!" I smiled as i opened the door, and Spence jumped into my arms. I hugged him tight, remembering how much i missed him when he wasn't here. I smooshed my face into his soft hair then with reluctance, let him go. 
"hey Ry" he spoke, beaming. I waved at Sarah as she made her way from the car and walked into the kitchen.
"hi Ryan!" she smiled and hugged me. We'd been getting along so well, despite the circumstance  of things. I hugged her back, feeling a bit awkward.
"hey, how are you feeling?" I asked her as she sat down. She didn't look different yet. Spencer came to sit on my lap. I kissed the back of his head as he leant back on me.
"starting to feel sick, it's weird knowing there's something growing inside of you" she laughed nervously, cracking her knuckles.
"are you looking forward to it yet?" i asked carefully. I wasn't sure what to expect, she didnt ask for this, it was an accident.
"you know, i didnt think i would be but now that i have the baby im ready, you know?" She bit her lip and took something out of her hoodie pocket. I nodded. In a way I felt I had to apologise. "Brendon just wanted to give you this, you don't have to read it but he said you really need to do something about it" Sarah handed me the piece of paper and smiled almost apologetically. I sighed and wondered what was so damn important that he made Sarah give me a note. I opened it and tried to decipher his messy scrawl, the paper appeared to be a bit wet and had been screwed up a few times.

Ryan, hi. I was just wondering what we we're going to do on Spencer's 13th birthday. Please don't say you've forgotten. I know you probably haven't. I want to be there, please? I'm not sure why you don't want to be with me but for Spencer? I don't know. You have your reasons. I miss you terribly. I hope you're okay. I love you. 

I told Spencer to go play with Jon and stuffed the note in my pocket, rather than the bin. Spencer ran off like the happy soul he is.
"I should probably call him, it's about Spencer's birthday" I told Sarah, getting up. She smiled and nodded. "he doesn't ever get the point across very well" I muttered to myself as I walked to the phone. I dialled, already dreading what degree of babbling would fall through the phone. 
"Brendon?" I asked timidly through the phone.
"R-Ry? Ryan! Look, don't hang up, don't hang up just-" I cut Brendon off before he could say anything I didn't need to hear.
"Brendon, shh. I'm just calling about Spencer's birthday party" 
"oh, yeah, Ry, of course" he almost sighed. "w-what do you want to do for him?" he asked.
"well, I don't know" I admitted, leaning against the table.
"w-well, I'm at work, s-so I have to go, I'm so sorry. But is it okay if I come over later and we discuss it? It is tomorrow so..." he trailed off into a quiet murmur. 
"fine" I muttered, not looking forward to tonight.
"okay, thats great" he sounded pleased. "I miss you, Ry" he whispered through the phone. I sighed, nodded to myself and hung up. 

Brendon's POV:

I stood outside the door anxiously, wondering if coming was a bad idea. Would I annoy Ryan? How is he going to react? Before I had a chance to knock, Ryan had opened the door and had a half amused, half exasperated look on his face. 
"were you going to come in?" Ryan asked, sort of impatiently as he moved out the way to let me in. I smiled almost shyly at him and walked cautiously around his small frame; realising how awkward our formerly perfect relationship had become. 
"uhh, yeah, um, sorry" I stuttered, watching as he shut the door and walked to the living room. I followed him shyly, sitting down next to him. 
"you okay?" I asked quietly, looking at his perfect face as it frowned. Ryan hesitated before letting out a small whine and burying his head in my chest. 
"everything is wrong" he murmured, I hardly heard him. I sat him up and kissed his forehead. 
"whats up, Ry?" he shook his head and took my hand. I was thankful he seemed to be okay with me again.
"I miss Spencer, Jon is getting worse and I miss you. Jon is stealing money from me and everything is changing and he's not taking his medicine and you're not around to help me. Spencers growing up and soon he'll be gone and oh, please don't leave me again. I'm sorry I'm such a bitch" he poured, his hands shaking and his voice cracking. I didn't know what to do for him. I hugged him and swayed him back and forth, feeling my shoulder being sodden with tears. 
"Ry, I have so much I want to tell you, I need to tell you, but do you want a drink, honey?" I asked, trying to plan what I wanted to tell him. He nodded feebly and followed me to the kitchen, his arms around my waist. I switched the kettle on and turned to face Ryan. 
"Ry, I don't even know how to start. What do I say?" I stopped and moved some locks of curly hair out of Ryan's eyes. "I've missed you too. Please don't send me away like that again" I stopped again to watch him nod and wipe his eyes. 
"I'm sorry about that. I dunno why I did it" he sighed, sobbing and playing with the drawstring on my hoodie.
"don't cry, Ry. Its okay. At least were both okay and youre talking to me again. We'll talk to Jared about counselling for Jon, and try to get him to stop taking drugs. I promise we'll do that for him, I feel horrible for not trying to do it sooner" I cupped his face and stroked his wet cheeks. 
"we gave him too much freedom" Ryan added queitly. I kissed his nose and turned to make him a cup of coffee before I carried on. He traced shapes on my back as i made it. Maybe hes forgiven me for what happened with sarah. I handed him the cup and guided him back to the living room, arm around his waist. 
"we'll talk to Jared then. And Spencer is fine, he'll never change when he grows up, if that's what you're worried about" I spoke as we sat down. He smiled and took my hand. "are you alright now, Ry?"
"I'm okay. I think just wanted some reassurance" he said, resting his head on my shoulder. 
"okay" I sighed. I moved my head over so I could kiss him on the lips. When I pulled back he smiled shyly, his cheeks a bit red. 
"I love you, Brendon" he whispered, his hand on my stomach.
"I love you too, Ry" I spoke back, hugging him tight. When he pulled away I looked around for something to say until I remembered why I came in the first place. 
"oh, when I talked to Spencer all he said he wanted was a friend to come over for a sleepover" I told Ryan. He nodded, as if he knew.
"that's what Spencer told me as well. We'll get him a cake and balloons and all that, and invite everyone else over, he can do whatever he wants" Ryan ran through his words until we heard a frantic knocking at the door.

some time earlier

Patricks POV: 

"Pete, please, stop shouting, everyone can hear" I pleaded, backing away from Pete as he frustratedly kicked the table over. 
"Patrick, stop telling me what to do, telling me to get a job, to stop being so shitty with everyone, to take my medicine!" he replied, stepping closer to me. His eyes were full of angry tears, threatening to overflow. 
"honey, you really should take your medicine though" I muttered quickly, having faith I would survive that comment to try to calm him down afterwards. He should take it though, because this isn't him. When I looked up to see how annoyed I had made him after telling him what he knew was right, I saw his fist flying towards my face, clipping me on the chin and making me stumble back a few steps. I choked on my own breath and looked at Pete, who was staring in disbelief at his own hand. I ran out of his sight, into my bunk and hid under the covers. It had happened so quickly, we were hardly fighting. Why did he hit me? He must of had some serious pent up anger against me. I sighed and felt warm tears on my cheek, my glasses steaming up from my breath. 
"P-Patrick?" I heard a shaky voice from somewhere outside my bunk. It was Pete. I ignored him, moving further back into my bunk. "Patrick" he said again, a little clearer. The covers came flying off my body and left me feeling cold and vulnerable to someone who I thought could never hurt me. 
"don't you dare come near me" I spoke, my voice shaking as well as my arms which were raised, covering my head. Pete's eyes had widened at how I was reacting to him.
"Pat, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to hit you, I don't know what happened!" his voice cracked as he dropped to his knees and burst into tears.
"you're not sorry, you obviously must of been really angry at me" I whispered, still moving away from him.
"I wasn't angry at you, I was just angry, I can't believe I took it out on you, Pat" he croaked. "you know I'd never hurt you, that wasn't me, you know it wasnt" he sobbed. From behind him I could see Joe and Andy eavesdropping from the living room; back from their cinema trip. 
"Pete, I'm not doing this" I murmured, grabbing my jumper and mobile and running out of the house; past a very confused pair of friends. I hastily ran across the street before Pete could do anything and to Ryan's house. 

Ryan's POV:

I opened the door to see Patrick standing as close as he could to the house. He was cautiously looking back to his caravan with wide eyes, and was bawling his eyes out.
"Patrick, what happened?" I asked quickly. He was breathing quite heavily as I took him by the hand and pulled him inside the house, where I sat him down on a chair and swiftly got him a glass of water. 
"Pete, he hit me" he spoke quietly and quickly, gulping down the glass of water and wiping his face dry.
"what?!" Brendon asked exasperatedly, holding his hand to his mouth. I got down to Patricks height and hugged him, not saying anything. Brendon got down too and hugged him from the other side.
"I'm so sorry, am I interrupting anything?" he asked almost silently, getting up from the chair. "I can go somewhere else if you need"
"dont be silly, you're not interrupting anything, stay here honey" I said, putting my hand to his face and examining the spot where he had clearly been hit. 
"I'm sorry to intrude like this" he murmured. 
"don't be, you're not intruding" Brendon replied, shaking his head. "actually, we could use your brilliance to help plan Spencer's birthday, if you'd like" he added. Patrick smiled a bit and nodded silently.
"it'll take my mind off everything, thanks guys" he bit his lip and followed Brendon and i to the living room. 
Sign up to rate and review this story