Categories > Original > Romance > You Had Your Chance

You Had Your Chance

by Chem 0 reviews

High school; the best years of our lives. But the start of grade ten? Not for Quin Kent, who finally sees what he's missing in his "ex-stalker," Cory Bartson when she finally joins St. Mary's Catho...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2011-10-02 - Updated: 2011-10-09 - 1899 words - Complete

0Unrated
AUTHOR'S NOTES// This is just a one chapter story. It's angst, and it's just plain awesome. I did this because I've had the inspiration for this kind of story for months and I didn't get an exact draft on this. Also, I was going to see if I could write a fanfiction in less than three hours with over 1500 words.
Let's get reading, shall we?

St. Mary's Catholic Secondary school; a highschool full of excitement... stereotypically, at least. Running around are popular girls in mini-skirts, emo kids huddling in the corners, and jocks showing off for their fans, and mostly to get a chance to get laid by one of the school sluts. Everywhere you walk, you'll either smell perfume, hairspray, sweat, blood, drugs, or alcohol. Half of the time, it's three out of the six scents. And with the first day of school back, you'll smell just about everything just standing across the road.
For some, starting school again is a bore. Back to the books, back to the pens and pencils, back to the lockers and the cold cages within them, back to the spitballs every minute, and usually back to detention for others. But then there's Quin Kent, one of the very few kids that actually find high school exciting, for it is his kingdom.
Ever since he proved his worth in last year as a student of St. Mary's by becoming the first grade nine to ever be Soccer team captain, he's been getting the attention of a lifetime. Everyone wants to be his friend, everyone wants to sit with him, and better yet for him, every chick wants to have his babies just for popularity, and because he's pretty handsome. But owning the hallways and respect of everyone(mostly), isn't enough. Seeing how there's always violence, and his entrouge tends to beat up the geeks in the halls, it angers him. All he wants is peace. But little does he know, that one special girl from his past will give him that oppertunity to feel the connection between everyone around him, to feel that sense of safety.
It was a beautiful Monday morning. The sun was flashing in the clear, baby blue sky, and the breeze pushed Quin's handsome, shining black skater hair from his eyes. It was a chilly morning worthy of sweaters, and the only sweater you were allowed to wear at that square on a perfectly good catholic-clothing day, is the school's matching blue sweater with the crappy, longsleeved button down shirts and slacks that never actually fit anyone, topped off with the only piece of clothing that actually looked good, the formal occasion shoes. He hated the uniforms with a passion, but not on the ladies. He liked the fact that they removed the shorts from the skirts, so that whenever they bent down, he'd love the view he got.
Students were scattered everywhere along the school walls, some entering the building to get to their lockers while everyone else hung out around the front of the building, the many stereotypes where they belong. And soon enough... the freshmen kids will find they're clans and be forced to stick with them until they can find evidence that they belong to a different label. It was sickening to Quin. He wanted it to stop. He really did.
"Quin, my man!" Called a friend at the entrance to he school. "Get over here brother!"
Quin smiled contented. "Hey Zach!" He greeted back, jogging to his friend whom was accompanied by a trampish-looking young lady, and another jock from the soccer team last year.
Zach is a friend from a long time ago, way back. He's always been a lady's man, and usually got with the pretty ones, and stole the sluttier ones' hearts and played them like poker cards. He wasn't exactly classified as "hot", but more likely charming and funny. He was friendly, but paid most of his time to pot and skateboarding, with either his lady friends or his guy friends watching his skillage at the skatepark across from his old school, avoiding the principal's eyes.
It only took seconds for Quin to realize that the whore under his arm was his on-and-off again girlfriend, Catrina, who took his virginity only weeks after starting to date him. She was a dark-haired girl, tall and curvy whom appeared to fit perfectly in the tight shirt and short skirt. She was taller than Zach, that's for sure.
"Hey Quin," She hummed seductively. "You might want to hide yourself if you're still creeped out by Cory. Even if she's pretty hot now."
Quin's head turned to Catrina, a look of disbelief on his face. "What are you talking about?" He asked. "She was a little cute, with her crooked smile and pretty eyes. Her hair was fucked though. So now you're telling me that she's hot? I really do doubt it."
"You didn't visit last year did you?"
"I think so."
"Well since the start of grade eight, she's been improving on the hair problem. Infact, with the way she got it done, it fits her perfectly. Then she got braces, and her smile has changed since then. She's lost some weight and is like, Rina skinny, and now actually has curves. She's a great hip hop dancer, and you should've heard her voice at the talent show last year."
"I've missed a lot, haven't I?"
Cory Dawson; she was his stalker all throughout the middle of grade eight and the end of grade nine. Everyday he'd meet her beautiful earth-like eyes, each and everyday switching back and forth from a steel blue to a mossy green. She had an odd sense of accessories that was unique, and it gave her her own little style. No one could steel it either because they didn't know exactly what to wear that resembled a similar style. She tended to wear a dark apparel of clothes, but mixed her punkish/emo style with a more popular style including jean-shorts, an article of clothing she said she didn't approve of, but would wear them during hot summer days.
"Yes, you have man." Replied Zach, chuckling to himself. "Even I've seen her. She's after your heart dude."
"Oh shut up and put that blunt back in your throat, Zach. That desperate girl won't get what she wants." Assures Quin, who would be admitant to actually being curious about her makeover. Infact, he couldn't get it off of his mind. He wanted to truthfully see her.
Soon enough, a brick red 2009 impala pulled up along the curb, the side windows too dark to see the insides, but a female figure was visable.
"There he is, mom," Groaned Cory, looking out the car window. "How do I look?"
"Waking up at five in the morning for this is worth it hun," Her mother replied. "Now, get out of the car, and stand tall and proud with confidence. Men like confidence. When you walk past him, make sure your hips sway lightly, and puff up your chest just a teenie bit. If that girl greets you, say hi, and be a litte flirty as you look at Quenton--"
"Quin, mom."
"Whatever. Have a good day, Cory. Don't get into trouble just yet."
"I'll try, love you mom." With a peck on the cheek, Cory opened the door with her backpack holding onto her with just a thin strap. She stuck one foot out of the car, then the other. She was getting looks from everyone around her, and that's what she was going for. She exitted the car, and did what her mom instructed her. She looked around the front of the school for a second and turned back to look through the doorway of the car, bending over with her skirt revealing a glimpse of her thong. "If this plan fails, I want my money back."
"Oh go to school, child." Her mom laughed. Cory giggled and closed the door, soon watching her mom's car race off down the road.
Quin's eyes only got a glance of Cory's face, and felt that Catrina was watching Quin's reaction to the teenage girl. He looked over and she was grinning for some reason. "That can't be her?"
Catrina nodded and burst out laughing that adorable laugh of hers. "It is, Quin."
Cory turned around, revealing her cute freckled face and multicoloured hair to Quin, whose heart ached at the sight of the newly changed girl. She was gorgeous, different from every other girl in this god forsaken school. He only saw her now, and his chest felt heavy just thinking about her smile. He wasn't sexually attracted to her in a way like he was with all the sluts, he wanted to just be able to hold her in his arms, to kiss her passionately. Was he finally experiencing the love emotion? Was everyother emotion of love just a lust decision? It was odd for him. He loved the feeling, it was mind-numbing. It gave him the inspiration for another piece of art, but this time, based on love. No unnessesary abstract anymore, just two people, in love.
Cory's eyes met Quin's and she froze for a second, soon gathering herself back up quickly. She stood tall and proud, and walked towards the entrance where Quin, Zach, and Catrina were occupying. She tried to pay no attention to him, resisting the temptation to even just glance at him. She got closer and closer, and the anxiety increased. She had butterflies, and felt sick to her stomache. It was a rollercoaster, and she felt the need to just close her eyes and wait for the nightmare to come over. She's been in love with him since grade seven, and what did he do? Neglect her. Only speaking once over a doorway, she felt like she wanted to explode, but kept her cool anyways.
"Hey Cory," Greeted Catrina as the beauty got to the door. "What's up?"
"Just heading into the school to find my locker," Cory responded, acting like everything's all good while all she is doing is shaking in her boots mentally. "How about you guys?"
"We're just chillin', waitng for the bell to ring." Replied Zach. "Quin, how about you?"
Quin shot a glare at Zach, as if telling him to fuck off. "I'm just uh, hanging out with you guys."
"Can we come with you to your locker?" Asked Catrina, teasing Quin with Zach, just to see how he'd react.
Cory paused, and bit her lip. Quin was standing right next to her, and Catrina and Zach wanted to follow her into the building. It was a tough decision. She shook her head. "I'm just going to go in and pop right out before the bell. You can wait here."
"Fine, I see how it is." Replied Zach, chuckling, and still getting the deadly look from Quin.
As they all chuckled to themselves, Quin couldn't keep his eyes off of Cory. She was just too beautiful to ignore, and he wanted her in his arms so much. He reminded himself of a puppy locked in a cage, whimpering and whining for his treat. Soon enough, Cory pushed herself into the building and Quin watched her leave with agony.
"So that went well." Commented Catrina smiling. "Could've gone worse, but that's just about it."
Quin glares at her evily. "Shut up."
Sign up to rate and review this story