Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans

A Broken Heart

by argon_boron 12 reviews

Thanks to the helpful people who reviewed my fanfic, I've added some changes. Yet, this story still needs work... can you guys help me out, and tell me what I can add/change/take away, please? Th...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-06-10 - Updated: 2006-06-10 - 370 words

0Unrated
Archie leaned against the window sill and stared out the open window. The moon was bright, eventhough it was merely a crescent. Unfortunately for Archie, it reminded him of Atlanta. Archie had seen depictions of Artemis with a crescent moon behind her head. Now, as he stared out the window, Archie realised that Atlanta was more like Artemes than he thought. "She's decended from the goddess of the hunt," he tried reassuring himself. "She'll be ok..."

"Hey, Archie," said a voice from behind him. "What are you still doing up? Everyone else is alseep." Archie turned to look at Jay, attempting to stifle his sadness. He couldn't say anything. He was too overwhelmed with the previous events of the day. Jay sheepishly looked down at his feet. "I miss her, too, Archie. All of us do." Archie could tell that Jay was trying to sound brave, but it didn't work. He could tell that Jay was fighting back his tears. Archie slowly turned and looked out the window again, not saying anything. The room was silent, and all that could be heard was the wistling of the wind.

Thinking about what happened to Atlanta was almost too painful for Archie. He could have saved her... He could have stopped what happened... if only he was brave enough. If only he could tolerate water.

It was a warm and sunny Saturday, and nobody had any real plans. Theresa took Jay shopping, Odie took Herry to the arcade, and Neil was busy modeling. The only ones left were Archie and Atlanta. She had wanted to go boating, but Archie wouldn't go. Maybe if he had gone with her, nothing would have happened...

"Archie... It's not your fault." Jay started to say something, but stopped, seeing that Archie was clearly in pain.

"If I had been there, Cronus would never have gotten her," Archie said, still looking out the window. Jay said nothing in response. It appeared as if he was at a loss for words. The room was silent again, and it remained that way for what seemed like an eternity.

"We have to save her, Jay. We can't just leave her there." "We will, Archie," was Jay's only response. "We will..."
Sign up to rate and review this story