Categories > Original > Fantasy

Butterfly Wings

by Starkchan 1 review

A FF of the Holly Black Series, the Dark and Bright courts have new kings, and new knights, which means a new trade between knights is wanted to try and keep the Dark court at bay and content.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-10-07 - Updated: 2011-10-07 - 655 words

1Original
Matt drummed his fingers on the glass arm rest of his throne. His legs crossed in a faggish manner, not that it much mattered, no one would dare point out a flaw in their king. He sighed and rolled his stiff shoulders, causing his magnificent silvery wings to shimmer, sprinkling a light sheen of dust around him, making him almost glow in the correct lighting.

He felt teeth graze his thigh, opening his eyes to a heavy lidded state, scowling with displeasure down at the Dark Court Imp who had soundlessly perched herself upon his lap. Her dressing attire was rather poor he noted, a once gorgeous sparkling gown now hung on her stick thin body in rags, flashing off more skin then he normally permitted in his presence.

Matt couldn't help but have a slight smug smile as the imp was torn away from him by her neck, his best knight held her by the throat, dangling her tiny clawed feet above the ground.

"Easy Meladeen" he murmured, doing his best to suppress an amused chuckle, admiring her work quietly.

"I don't know how shit works in your filthy Court, but here-" she paused as she dug the claws of her armor into the vile creatures throat, making her thrash wildly in her grip. "-we respect our king" she finished, tossing the Fey a few feet away with a slight flick of her wrist.

"So it would seem" the Imp hissed, her pink eyes struggling in pain as she clutched at the newly draining holes in her neck. Matt glanced down, his face impassive. He took no pleasure as the fairies life source made a giant stain on his floor. "What is it you came for then?" he sighed, rubbing his temples as a headache threatened to seemingly split his head open.
The Imp curled her cracked black lips into a cocky smirk, as if she took immense pleasure in his asking.
"My king accepts your proposal. He will be here within a day's time" she managed to gurgle out, cackling out the last few seconds of her life with a deranged smile.
"Pity." Meladeen said flatly, a twisted grin plastered across her face.
Matt's lip curled in disgust, "Get out of my sight" he snapped, stiffening when she lightly trained the blood covered points of her armor across his cheek as she left.
"As you wish", the words tickled his ears and he let out an annoyed snarl as the door shut behind her.


Purr strolled nervously behind her king, her tail twitching as she ran her hands over the blade of her weapon.
"My king... you're not seriously considering this are you?" she asked in a soft voice, looking down in await of reply.
"Of course I am" a deep voice rumbled, "I`ve turned a new leaf after all."
Purr`s ears flattened to her skull tightly and she continued to stare down at her feet, staying in silence for the rest of the trip.

Matt glanced up past the rim of his wine cup as the grand wooden doors slowly creaked open for the entrance to the ball room.
He could not help but raise a single brow at the first Fey that entered his domain, a petite young Neko. Neko fey were quite rare to any court, they were well known for their clever and intelligent minds, and of course their exquisite beauty. This neko proved to be nothing short of those three things. The fur that seemed to flourish across her body was a silky reddish brown, and her hair, neatly put into a bun at the top of her head, was a few shades lighter and framed her yellow eyes. He noticed her lean body was dressed in a copper armor and two well welded swords were kept tightly at her hip, he considered the thought that this might be his new Knight, such ideas pleased him.
Sign up to rate and review this story