Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 'Another cog in the murder machine.'

feeling the love...

by headintheclouds 1 review

bandit puts her scheme into action hoping for it to go as smoothly as possible...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-09 - Updated: 2011-10-09 - 781 words

1Original
‘Dad, lily, cherry and Ryan are coming over in a bit, we need to use the equipment, is that okay?’ I asked as dad plucked softly on the guitar in the kitchen.

‘Sure, what for?’

‘You’re all so damn nosey!’ I mocked, he smiled up at me. There was a loud knock on the door, I sighed heavily.

‘RYAN! Have you ever heard of a doorbell!’ my dad shouted through the door before opening it, he grinned cheekily.

‘Sorry, I don’t believe I have, please explain this wondrous door-bell to me.’

‘Don’t push it, Ryan.’ I laughed before grabbing his arm and pulling him towards the stairs.

‘bandit-‘

‘Shut it you.’ I smiled at my dad, poking his chest playfully. He threw his arms up in surrender. ‘If you’re going to be all secretive, so am I’ he beamed and added. ‘If you hear me and the guys in the fort, you are not to enter without the password.’

The fort is a kind of tree house I have in the back garden, it’s not high in the tree, but you wouldn’t be able to spot it from the house. I used to drag my dad’s guitar out there sometimes and play it in secret, teaching myself songs and melodies. The thought of all four of them in the little tree house made me smile.

‘What’s the password?’

‘Ahh, no, I can’t tell you that! Now, go do what you have to do...’ I scowled as lily burst through the door, followed by cherry, then frank and Jamia.

‘Door bell!’ dad cried in exasperation. Frank shrugged at me, I rolled my eyes. Drama queen.

*

‘Okay! Ryan, grab a bass, lily a guitar and cherry, you come sit on the piano with me.’ They all followed my instructions, eager to find out my little scheme. I handed out some papers I had printed out earlier.

‘Helena...’ lily read out loud, ‘May 23, 2005, three cheers for sweet revenge.’ I nodded and grinned, she clearly had no idea, cherry caught on much quicker.

‘And you want us to play this...why?’

‘Well...’ the excitement spread over my face, I practically glowed, ‘we aren’t half bad musicians, we have the gear, the look, the people...’

‘Oh my god!’ lily cried excitedly. ‘Yes! Yes, yes, yes! We need a name though.’

Ryan stared at me, ‘I don’t get it.’ He looked genuinely confused.

‘We are gunna start a band! And become famous, we could be like the next my chem!’ I nodded quickly, still grinning, Ryan’s face lit up, before dropping again.

‘I can’t play bass that well.’ He sighed; I sat on his lap happily.

‘I don’t care, I’ll teach you. Whatever it takes.’ The smile came back to his face. I pulled the bass onto my lap and pulled his arms around me, placing his fingers in the right place.

‘Okay...now an A... D...’ I murmured, moving his fingers with mine. ‘Right, now here’s the sheet music. Play.’ I moved the bass and jumped off his lap. I skipped over to lily, handing her a different piece of sheet music.

‘I’ve been able to play this since birth.’ She beamed. So I went and sat down next to cherry.

‘And...go.’ they all started to play the melody, I shut my eyes and listened, everyone was scarily note perfect.

‘What's the worst that I could say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long and goodnight...’

There was a muffled applause from outside, I ran to the door and flung it open. ‘DAD! Privacy!’

Dad, frank, ray and uncle Mikey all pretended to look ashamed. ‘We only wanted to listen...’ frank pouted, before smiling proudly at his daughters over my shoulder.

‘I wanted to hear my daughter’s band! I had an idea that’s what you were doing...’ he pulled me into a hug, I heard Ryan snigger behind me.

‘Your next, punk.’ My dad chuckled.

I pulled back, only getting enough air before Mikey pulled me into a second hug.

‘Now, we need to find you somewhere to play...’ my dad looked at frank, they both smiled slowly...I hate it when they do that, it means they have a plan, and that’s never good.

‘Well, I better be off...’ Ryan looked at his watch, ‘its already 10 so...’

‘Not so fast!’ my dad cried, pulling Ryan into a man hug. He winced then grinned before walking down the stairs.

‘Great rehearsal guys, this time tomorrow?’ he laughed and slammed the door, poor guy, digging himself a hole...

R+R guys! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story