Categories > Comics > X-Men > Champions of War

Chapter 8

by Quik_sylver 0 reviews

Typical Scott Summers...Cable appears and things start to unfold.

Category: X-Men - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Beast,Cyclops,Jean Grey,Professor Xavier,Storm - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-10-09 - Updated: 2011-10-09 - 1187 words - Complete

0Unrated
Good gosh – busy week. Chapter 8 is a bit short. Sorry bout that. But still, every bit is important in the story. Hints and clues all over the story fot you guys to get a sense of what’ll happen…If you can figure it out. Don’t worry, working on Chapter 9 now and will update soon.


CHAPTER 8
Two uneventful days have passed. It seemed like Sophie was doing her best to control Phoenix. Scott had completely healed from his wounds. Warren was now up and flying and as healthy as ever. Hank still worked on the time machine if ever they would need it again. Peter and Kitty spent more time to develop their relationship. Jean spent most of her time honing her powers. It seemed like she hadn’t even lost them in the first place.
“Sister?”
“Yes, Ororo?” Jean answered. “What is it?”
“I just came to talk.”
“This is about Scott, isn’t it?”
“Yes, how’d you know?”
“I’m a telepath, in case you forgot. And you were projecting your thoughts so loudly.”
“Well, now that you know about it… Would you care to talk?”
“I’d love it.”
“So, have you talked?”
“Well, we talk. But it’s mostly the ‘hi’s’ or hello’s’… Just general conversations… We never got around to REALLY talking, you know?”
“…And?”
“And I feel like I’m entitled to more conversations than just ‘How was your coffee today?’ or ‘Nice work at the danger room.’ For the record: I am still his wife.”
“Are you? This confuses me. Are you still technically married?”
“I DON’T KNOW. Are we? I can’t even get past that! ARE WE STILL HUSBAND AND WIFE??”
“Well, you died. And he and Emma – “
“Ugh. Don’t even mention her. It’s bad enough he called me that name when we were fighting Phoenix. Is it wrong of me to even think of starting things with Scott again?”
“Well, it has been months now. And Emma wasn’t so bad, Jean.”
Jean gave Ororo a mean look.
“She’s had her troubles with Scott, too. She thought that she can never take your place in the institute as well as taking your place Scott’s life… When we were trying to get through to you when Phoenix took over your body, She was there to help. She reminded you of how loved you are by your teammates ,and by Scott most of all… You were always on his mind, Jean. Emma accepted that. She gave him strength. I guess it’s also why Scott loved her. She had learned to trust his feelings – as should you.”
“Oh my God, Ororo. Since when did you become a therapist?” Jean smiled as a tear ran down her face.
“I try my best. Go. Talk things over with him.” Storm hugged her best friend. “I wish you the best of luck… And don’t let your temper get the best of you. Be patient and give it time.”
“Thank you…”
Jean spent the next few minutes looking for Scott. She finally found him at the garage. He was just getting ready to leave.
“Where are you going?”
“Who – Jean?” Scott was surprised to see her. “I thought you were training or something.”
“Or something. Got a minute to talk?”
“Uh. I was just headed out. Can it wait? I need to run some errands.”
“Oh, well. Can I come with you?”
“Uhh…” Scott stammered.
“Time’s up!” Jean said as she got in his car. “I’m coming with you.”
“Jean, I really don’t have time for this…”
“…Then I suggest you drive, Slim.”
“…Alright...”
Scott started the car and drove off. It was a quiet ride. Both of them seemed too nervous to talk. The silence was nerve wrecking. Jean was about to talk when Scott stopped the car at the supermarket.
“So, what’s the errand?”
“Why don’t you go on ahead and start picking up things for us.”
“Okay. What do we need?”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, I expected you to have a list of things we need to buy at the supermarket, Scott.”
“I don’t. Just pick up whatever you think we need and I’ll meet you back here in 5 minutes.”
“Where are you going?”
“Just. Around.”
“Scott Summers, you are not making any sense . Don’t make me read your mind!“
“Sorry, Jean. Just go on inside. I’ll be gone only for a short while. AND DON’T READ MY MIND.”
“Fine.”
“Good girl,” Scott gave her a peck on the check.
Jean headed to the supermarket and grabbed a cart. ‘I’ve been gone for like – EVER. How am I supposed to remember what we need back home?’ Jean thought to herself.
A few moments passed and Scott finally came back. “It’s about time!” Jean said. “Where did you go?”
“Just…somewhere. Forget about that. Let’s just go ahead and finish the groceries.”
“You are acting as weird as ever, Slim.”
“Yeah. Sorry. So, um, what did you want to talk about back at the house?”
“Well I can’t talk about it here! We are at the store, Scott. This is so not the place to have talks. Let’s just get this done and go somewhere else – somewhere quiet.”
“Hmm… I think I know just the place.”
They finished shopping for groceries and headed out. Meanwhile, Hank and the professor were having a nice cup of tea at the mansion’s patio. Suddenly, a bright flash of light caught their attention.
“Good Lord. What was that?”
“Beats me, Charles. But I say we go and take a look.”
They walked towards the direction of the flashing light. “Be careful, Hank. We don’t know whether it’s a friend or a foe…”
“Don’t worry. I’ve got it – “ Beast’s jaw dropped. “Oh my stars! Nathan!”
“Hiya, Beast! Professor!”
“Good to see you Cable! I’m glad you’re here! We need your help.”
“I actually wanted to ask you ask you guys something, too. I’m not sure but I think I saw dad’s optic blast – way into the future.”
“Don’t worry. That was us. It was him.”
“It was? How’d you guys manage that? What for?”
“We needed you here. I haven’t been told why yet, but we’ve been doing everything to contact you. So, we made our own time machine.”
“Cool.”
“Indeed. Professor, why don’t you contact Scott. He’ll want to see Nathan, I’m sure.”
“It’s alright. I don’t want to bother him just yet. He’s with Jean now, and they haven’t cleared things up. I think it’s just best for them to talk things over. I’m sure they’ll be back soon.”
“WOAH. Back up. Jean? Mom? She’s – she’s back!? Alive!?”
“She is, Cable.”
“That’s great! How’d Scott take the news?”
“We’re not sure about that part yet. He hasn’t exactly been open about discussing that topic with us.”
“Typical Dad.”
Sign up to rate and review this story