Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rain

Rain

by LittleMissFae 2 reviews

Luce has always been alone. But what happens when somebody finally wants to change that fact? Will she push them away? Will it be too much for her to handle?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance,Sci-fi - Published: 2011-10-09 - Updated: 2011-10-10 - 1327 words

1Original
Chapter One:
The sky thundered as rain began to fall from the darkening sky. The wind blew roughly, the start of a storm. The start of my new life.

I'd never really cared much about moving, brand new start and all, but I wasn't too thrilled about this town. Mostly because since it was such a small town, everyone would be excited to meet me and all that other crap. The fact was, I didn't like people all that much. No, I wasn't shy but they were just so annoying with their giggles and gossip and "oh my god, isn't he hot?!" kind of stuff. That could be one of the reasons why I'm always alone.

My parents never really cared about me, no they didn't hit me or starve me, they just worked. I hardly ever saw them, even on holidays and my birthday, they were never here. Every week they'd leave about 100 dollars on the table for me for food and such, but I never saw them. They'd leave me my presents out on the table but they were never there to see me open them.

So, my parents decided to move to Barlow, Oregon because it would be closer to Portland so they could go to work even longer than before. We used to live in New York City, I loved it there. I felt happy for the first time in a long time...until I found the note on the table saying we were moving and that my plane would be arriving at 12:00pm.

And now here I am, driving in my car that had been sent over separately by my parents, to our new house. A house I probably won't like, with neighbors I'd hate, and places that would make me bored all because my parents are too absorbed with themselves to remember their only daughter.

The drive wasn't all that long, only about twenty minutes from the airport. I pulled up into the driveway, which was quite long to say the least. Our house was huge, big enough to draw a good deal of attention, which was the last thing I wanted to happen.

I parked my car in the driveway, not even bothering with the garage since I knew their cars were probably already there, and got out. The rain was still falling, not as hard as before but still hard enough to get you pretty wet.

The moving van had already left; my parents had come here about two days before I did so the house would already be set up. I walked up to the front door and unlocked it with the spare key they had given me in the note. I hurried inside before I could get soaked, not that I would have minded since I loved the rain.

The inside was even more attention bearing than the outside, with the gold drapes and expensive looking sofas and chairs. All this really didn't impress me, the only thing that did was my new piano that was set up near a window, so I could play whenever I felt like it.

I went upstairs, looking into random rooms until I found the one with all my stuff in it, and went inside my new room. It wasn't decorated, which made me happy since I wanted to do it myself, with boxes all over the place. It may have looked plain and empty, but it was my room, the only place where I felt happy these days.

A note was placed on my door; I assumed it was another note from my parents. I opened it up and sure enough, it was. They explained how sorry that they aren't here at the moment and how they wished me good luck with school, which started tomorrow.

I rolled my eyes and made my way to my bathroom, which was connected to my room. I looked at myself in the mirror, my light brown hair damp from the rain, my dark blue eyes filled with sadness and anger, my ivory skin just as pale as it had always been. Most people would call me pretty, but I never believed them, not because I was one of those girls who disagreed with all the compliments she got just so she could get more, but because it didn't matter.

I sighed and walked out of the bathroom, glancing around the empty house. It was about 6:00pm, the plane ride took a while and then I just drove around until I got bored and decided to come home. That's what I do when I get lonely, I just drive. It calms me down, seeing all the people in their cars, tons of different cars, and looking at the forest. I was always the kind of person who noticed the little things, like the kind of plant or what people really could have thought.

There was a knock on the front door, the first noise I had heard since I got here. I reluctantly went down the stairs and opened the door up, curious to see who it was and annoyed of who it could be.

"Uh hi, I'm Jessie. We live next door to you," A pretty girl with long brown hair and matching brown eyes said, her smile was awkward and nervous.

"Hello," I said simply, wishing very much that she'd go away. No, I was being rude; she seemed like a nice girl. "My name is Lucille."

"How old are you, Lucille?" she asked, staring at me as if she was trying to decode every single one of my thoughts.

"18, why?" That was such a strange question to ask. Couldn't she see that I was clearly about her age, give or take.

"Oh, I was just wondering if we'd have the same classes," Jessie said nervously, like she thought I was going to shut the door right in her face at that moment.

"Oh, alright...would you like to come in?" I asked, forcing myself to be polite. This girl wasn't like all the other girls I've noticed; she's more shy and nervous.

"Oh, thanks for the offer but I have to go, my boyfriend is waiting for me," she said, looking over her shoulder where a grey car was parked in the street, the driver couldn't be seen though the fog and windows.

"Bye!" she called over her shoulder as she made her way to the car.

"Bye?" I said. Though, it sounded more like a question than a goodbye. I had never been good with goodbyes. I closed the door and watched Jessie get into the car with her boyfriend, he was holding the door open for her, it was obvious they were in love.

I think it would be nice to have someone who cared about me as much as Jessie's boyfriend cared for her, someone who would make my lonely life less...lonely. Who could make me smile, and laugh when I was upset.

But, guys like that don't just fall from the sky; with every perfect boy something is terribly wrong with him, an escape convict, a crazy mental brother, something like that.

I shook my head, trying to rid myself of those annoying love thoughts, as I walked back upstairs to my room. I figured I may as well go to sleep now, since there was nothing more I could do.

I changed quickly into a pair of shorts and a tank-top, tossing my clothes on the floor. I shook my hair out, which was still slightly damp from the rain, and I jumped into my bed. I let the sound of rain slowly send me to sleep, the sound of the wind and thunder rocking me. I tried not to think about the fact that I had to go and face everyone at school tomorrow. But my mind kept wandering to all of the possibilities of imperfection. This is going to be a long night.
Sign up to rate and review this story