Categories > Original > Drama > Chapter 1 - Never on time

Chapter 1 - Never on time

by katieblathers 0 reviews

The Clik Clik's gig was tonight, but did they spend their time rehearsing or messing about?

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-10-15 - Updated: 2011-10-15 - 377 words

0Unrated
The truth behind the songs
Chapter 1 – Never on time

‘Stefan, wake up... STEFAN!’

Stefan’s sleepy eyes peeked open, he looked to see the voice of who was waking him up, it was Dru.

‘Hey mate’ replied Stefan.
‘Come on, it’s 11 o’clock. We’re gonna be late’
‘What for?’
‘Our rehearsal, for the gig tonight? Ah, didn’t Maya tell you?! I’m gonna have to start telling you myself, she’s no use!’
‘A gig? Our first gig?! Man, I better get ready!’ said Stefan excitedly.

Dru and Stefan were in a band, The Clik Clik, with their two other friends, Maya and Henry. They had never played a gig before and bagged a 10 minute spot in a nightclub. It wasn’t much, but at least it was something.

They arrived at the rehearsal, Henry was there but Maya was late... again.

‘Man, why is she never here on time?!’ Dru said with a slight angry tone in his voice.
‘Mate, she’s a girl. They all take about 5 hours to get ready!’ said Henry joke fully.
‘He’s not kidding, my girlfriend has to get up at 4 to leave at 9’ giggled Stefan.

Dru and Henry joined in with the laughter until Maya arrived.

‘Guys, there’s no time to be messing around. Come on, we’ve got work to do! There’s less than 6 hours until we have to set off and we’ve only done these songs once before.’ Maya ranted with a frustrated look on her face.
‘Keep your socks on, we’ve got bags of time. Sure this is our first gig but we’ll ace it, I mean look at us! Is this perfection or what?’ cheekily replied Henry, gesturing to him, Dru and Stefan.
Maya chuckled ‘Yeah I guess you’re right’

The band rehearsed for the whole six hours non stop! Just kidding. The first 2 hours they talked, messed around, talked a bit more and pranked each other. The next 3 hours they ate, talked, messed around, pranked each other and ate a bit more. The last hour they came to a realisation that they would have to get their arses in gear and rehearse otherwise they would be in deep shit.

Then... show time.

END OF CHAPTER 1
Sign up to rate and review this story