Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Ruby Thoughts

Daughter

by IWCT 0 reviews

She challenged his gym, and he just turns her away because he doesn't want to deal with her. Introspection shortie, based on the Ruby Version game.

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-06-11 - Updated: 2006-06-11 - 378 words

1Insightful
Author's note: Part two, meaning a new perspective.

Disclaimer: If I suddenly own the characters, plots, and ideas behind the pokemon games it's news to me. As far as I can tell my owning status has not changed since the first chapter.

Warnings: Short, more mild spoilers that you can get if you read any walkthrough.



Daughter

This is awkward I realize. For him at least. He's staring at me as if he's trying to understand that I'm his daughter.

I don't know why it's not awkward for me. Well, no more awkward than I suspect meeting any other gym leader will be. My palms are sweaty, and my heart must be beating so hard that it's fit to burst. I'm going to have my first gym battle, I've only been training for a month, but I'm ready. I have no pure fighting pokemon, but I'm certain that my combusken can make it against his normal types. She's only just evolved. But who cares? I'm going to win my first gym battle.

"I see," he finally says. "You wish to challenge me. Very commendable."

Very commendable?! We have a battle on the line here and he's complimenting me? Are all gym leaders this slow? And why won't he stop staring. It's as if he's judging me, measuring me up to some invisible line.

"However, I don't think that you are ready yet. Come back when you have four gym badges," he tells me.

"But!" I begin. He can't do this. I'm ready. I've been training. I'm prepared!

"No buts, young lady. Get out of here and challenge Roxanne. She's the leader of the Rustburo gym," he tells me.

I don't understand. I've heard he accepts challenges from everyone. Why not me? What have I not done to impress him enough? I look, and I see into his mind, almost as clearly as my newly caught ralts. He is testing me. He thinks I'll not be able to make it to four badges. He doesn't want to lose and he knows he'll go easy on me because I'm his daughter.

That shouldn't come into it! It shouldn't! It's unfair!

I turn and walk out the door. I was ready! I will be ready, next time, too. I'll show him!
Sign up to rate and review this story