Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Twist of Fate

Week and a Half

by WeAreTheFallen 2 reviews

"This is a bad idea."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-10-18 - Updated: 2011-10-18 - 1067 words - Complete

0Unrated
I sit in the backseat with Amber, Gerard and Mikey as Donna and Mrs. Marino take her to wherever it is the therapist is. Amber read that sometimes this place keeps patients for observation; she’s terrified of that. Both Gerard and Mikey remain quiet, casting worried looks towards their younger cousin. This is a trying time for all of us.

The building is white and Amber grumbles about it looking like a prison or an institute. I can’t argue with her. This is definitely not a place I’d like to spend long amounts of time in. Just like the outside, the inside is white with blinding fluorescent lights hanging from the ceiling.

As we walk, or hobble in Amber’s case, towards the therapist’s office she keeps glancing back at the doors, her eyes large. I hate seeing her nervous like this but it’s for the better. Amber needs help and this is the only solution. We can’t have her exploding again.

After hearing about Amber’s fit and finding out she cuts the therapist says that it’s best if they keep her for observation. This wouldn’t be too bad if it wasn’t for a week and a half. I don’t want to be without her for that long and Amber’s tears tell me neither does she. None of this feels right but I keep reminding myself it’s for the best, that this will help her get better.

While her mom, Donna, Gerard and Mikey go back to the house Amber clings to me. Her mom promised to bring clothes and a few other things for her. I refuse to leave until I absolutely have to. I won’t see Amber for a week and a half.

“I can’t believe they won’t allow visitors or phone calls or mail. How the hell is not having that stuff supposed to help?” she grumbles.

“I don’t know Ambo but please keep strong for me,” I answer as Amber rests her head on my chest.

“This is a bad idea,” she says, looking up at me with those large, sparkling green eyes.

I kiss her forehead, longing to press my lips to hers. I wonder what she’d do. Probably push me away. Amber’s come a long way with contact but a spontaneous kiss might not be good. I silence my urge and settle on hugging Amber closer to me.

“Frank,” she says, “what you said the other night, did you mean it?”

I gulp; she was not supposed to hear that, “About being the best night of my life? Yes, I meant it.”

Amber nods chewing on her bottom lip for a second, “I’m glad it was you.”

I’m confused. What is she talking about? “That what was me?”

“I’m glad it was you who took my virginity and not him,” she answers smiling up at me.

I smile kissing her forehead again. She’s one of the bravest girls I’ve ever met. Again the urge to kiss her takes over but this time I don’t push it away. Gently, I press my lips to hers feeling her cheek heat up under my hand. After a second she turns her head, cheeks still pink from blushing.

“Sorry,” I mumble looking at the floor as her mother carries a bag of clothes towards us.

“Don’t be,” she answers.

The bag is handed over and I head down the hallway towards the exit doors as a lady dressed in all white comes up behind Amber. Just before I leave I turn around taking a deep breath before saying what I want.

“I love you Amber.”

Her entire face lights up but there is still no smile, “I love you too Frank. See you in a few days.”

The ride home is silent. I just look out the window praying that Amber can make it through the next week. What am I going to do without her? We depend so much on each other now, it’ll be weird to have her gone. I’ll have to face school and home without having an escape…without seeing the girl I love. She’ll have to brave the eerie white halls of the mental hospital she is staying at.

“Frank, would you like to stay over for dinner?” Mrs. Marino asks as we pull into the alley between our houses.

I’d say yes but I know Amber won’t be there. It just doesn’t seem right to be sitting around with her family while she’s stuck in a strange place. I kind of want to go drive around, clear my head, maybe work out my plan a little bit more. I politely decline before getting out of the car.

For almost three hours straight I sit and stare at the walkie talkie as if expecting it to crack. It doesn’t but I didn’t really think it would. Amber is in a strange place tonight. She can’t be happy. I wonder what her room looks like, what she’s doing. Did they figure out she’s a vegetarian or is she going without food tonight?

Around ten my mom comes up with a bowl of cereal which I decline. I won’t eat it, not till Amber is better. She brings up a peanut butter and jelly sandwich instead.

I check the calendar. Amber still has eleven weeks. I miss being in classes with her. Everyday the teacher calls out her name and it sends a pang of hurt through me. Devlin always laughs along with her other friends. I regret dating that girl. The rumors she’s started about Amber make me sick. Why would anyone lie about something like that? Devlin is an evil bitch. I don’t know why I couldn’t see it before.

Around three in the morning I fall asleep. It’s not a good sleep but at least I get some. My mom doesn’t make me go to school on Monday so I spend most of the day watching cartoons and hoping Amber is doing okay.

This is going to be the longest week and a half of my entire life.

Note: Another chapter. I'll try to have one or two more up before the day is over. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story