Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Freak Show

Chapter One

by IsisBane 2 reviews

Viktor and his 'angel'... (suggestive themes in this chapter)

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-10-18 - Updated: 2011-10-19 - 1506 words

1Insightful
Someone snuck through the back flap of the tent for the last time that night, unless you would count the ringmaster. Capulet and Montague, the patchwork Siamese twins hobbled over to the rest of the acts who all seemed to be dreading the arrival of their creator.

With no sympathy, they giggled as they passed a shivering Odin, clad in his straightjacket. His dark figure was groaning quietly as his mouth watered at the thought of flesh. He barely got fed anymore in the first place, so his act just seemed like a tease when he only got a few bites of the tough meat that he always craved.

The flap opened once again, and everyone ignored it this time. It couldn't be anyone else. Viktor had finished the show with a standing ovation, as usual. He payed no attention to the glare he received as he pushed passed Linuette, who was tightly clasping her sister Nellon's hand. Immediately, Viktor made his way to the back of the smaller tent, where his favorite, Magdalene, sat quietly on a small stool, her wings pulled behind her.

Her nude form was slightly covered by her hands and partially her arms, but other than those two things, she was open to everyone else like the circus act that she was. Viktor knelt in front of her. "It was a good show tonight, my sweet", he said, his eyes sparkling as he stared up at his angel.

She smiled ever so slightly. "You don't have to tell me that. You're the one who made it so." Magdalene shuddered from a soft breeze that passed through the tent and held herself tighter. "I realize", Viktor said as he gently pulled her arms away from herself, refusing to let her hide such a delectable body.

She laughed melodically, her eyes kaleidoscope eyes lighting up the dim tent. "Must you do that? I get cold sitting out here with nothing to cover me but my wings."

"You're not exactly using your wings properly then, are you?" Viktor smiled a bit. "Cover yourself with them."

Magdalene nodded and wrapped her large wings around herself, taking comfort in their warmth. Only her head and part of her legs were still visible. "I don't see why it matters whether it's my arms or my wings."

He chuckled, "your arms won't cover as well, and we don't want anyone else touching you, do we?" Viktor brushed her long hair out of her face. She smiled, enjoying his touch and attention. "No, Viktor", she said, absolutely beaming. "Only you."

Viktor leaned in closer. "Good, because otherwise I'd have another son of a bitch to kill."

Magdalene flinched at his language but quickly shook her head. "I would never even let anyone else near me. I'm yours, only yours."

He raised an eyebrow. "And why is that, my sweet?" Viktor knew the answer, but he loved hearing it from his angel's lips.

"Because you made me", she said simply.

"And why did I make you?"

Magdalene was silent for a moment and she grew more serious. "Because I was clumsy. I almost got myself killed. But you saved me from that, from myself."

"Yes, and now you're better. More improved. You're finally perfect."

"All because of you", she whispered quietly, smiling to herself. "I was worthless without you, Viktor. I owe you my life, I know. I can never truly repay you", she said regretfully.

Viktor just chuckled. "You're right, you can't. But you're doing the best you can. Work for me, do what I ask, and you're repaying me. Didn't I tell you this?"

"Yes, I know." She paused. "But I wish I could do more for you than just perform." Magdalene stared up at him hopefully.

Viktor smirked. "Such as?"

"Anything you'd like, so long as it pleases you", she said with a genuinely innocent smile.

Viktor thought for a moment. "Is there anything you suggest?"

She was silent. "No, not particularly. But I would do anything to make you happy, Viktor. It doesn't matter what I'd have to go through."

He chuckled and sat up a bit straighter. "Anything at all?"

Magdalene nodded, not taking notice in the disgusted stares she was receiving from Linuette.

Nellon seemed to be confused by her sister's comments, considering she couldn't even see what was going on. Linuette took a few short moments to explain, and the other girl immediately went silent as Linuette continued going on about how sick Magdalene must be to care for such a demented creature as Viktor.

Magdalene just kept her attention on her creator. Linuette just didn't understand Viktor or his acts the way that she did. Viktor stood and held out his hand to the angel that sat before him. She timidly placed her hand in his, loving the simple feeling of his skin on hers. Magdalene pulled her wings back slightly making it easier to stand. He helped to pull her up and began to lead her outside to his small trailer.

Magdalene was smiling the entire time, taking pleasure just by being alone with her master. Her head was light and airy, making her have to take extra careful steps across the cool grass.

Viktor pulled open the small door and ducked as he entered, pulling her inside. The interior wasn't cluttered as she had imagined, in fact it was almost disturbingly organized. He had never let one of the others in his quarters before, so no one really knew what his habits were. He pulled a curtain back that opened up to his small bedchamber.

Magdalene pulled her wings around herself, no longer cold, only extremely nervous. "What exactly are we doing in here?" she asked timidly, her voice wavering and her naivety taking over.

He smiled, "you'll see."

She nodded, though instinctively growing quiet and more inward. Viktor carefully lit a candle by his bed and crossed the room over to her. His hands went straight to her shoulders as he tried to comfort his angel. "Is something wrong?"

Magdalene smiled at her own nervous appearance. "No, nothing is wrong. I promise. I'm just a little troubled by all of this. You had never brought be in here before, so why now?"

"I wanted to do something special with you, and I thought this would be the best place to do what I had in mind."

She nodded, still not fully understanding. Magdalene wasn't as naive as to come up with her own excuses as to why she was there with him. She continued to try and get more information by playing up her own innocence. She was his own personal angel, after all. "Oh, I see. Well, what could possibly be so special?"

Viktor smiled, "may I show you?"

"I suppose so", she said with a small hint of uncertainty. Any confidence that she may have had was chased away in a single breath.

He gently sat her on the bed. "This will seem a little odd to you at first. Please don't be scared, alright?" Viktor started to slip out of his costume, all the while maintaining eye contact with Magdalene.

Her body tensed and she quickly looked away, her cheeks seeming to burn. "A-alright." Her hands shook and she nervously clasped them together, trying to calm herself down. Magdalene thought of earlier that evening, right before she performed her own act, the clockwork girl had told her to be careful. Maybe she should just heeded Fel's warning and said something to Viktor as soon as she figured out what was going on. The poor girl was probably pacing with worry, waiting to hear Magdalene's own protests from outside. She was sure she couldn't keep up this brave act for much longer, even with her own skills of putting on an innocent smile on cue, no matter how she felt. This entire scenario was just different.

Moments later, he stood in front of her in only his undergarments. "Don't look away, please."

She drew in a breath and cautiously turned back to face him, staring into his eyes. "I won't. I'm sorry I did, it's just..." she trailed off, hoping to God he would understand what she meant.

"I know, it's strange. But you have to trust me, Magdalene. Do you trust me?" he asked, unsure of what her answer might be, even after five years of her complete loyalty.

Her gaze cast downward to her shaking hands. "Of course I trust you", she said quietly.

"You completely trust me, angel?"

Magdalene took another deep breath and nodded. "With everything inside of me, and everything you made me. I trust you, Viktor." With those words, Magdalene sensed her own mistake. The candle flickered, causing the light in the room to change slightly. Her kaleidoscope eyes closed slowly, and she felt herself slip away as she pulled her wings around her shuddering body. In only a few moments, any remaining trace of the girl who had been called Jane would disappear, Viktor's angel finally becoming everything he wanted.
Sign up to rate and review this story