Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > What Is Love?

8- I'm A Pirate, You're A Princess

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 2 reviews

Kade is spotted. Where will this lead?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-10-20 - Updated: 2011-10-21 - 1133 words - Complete

3Original


(KADES POV)

I was staring at my list, trying to decipher my fathers writing. He had written about a million different types of alcohol, seeming to forget that I was too young to buy alcohol for him. That would be fun to explain later.

I subconsciously rubbed my neck, which is where my latest bruise was. It had been three weeks and two days since he had been released from the hospital and since I had seen Spencer Smith. I admitted the regret I felt at turning him away but I had to. This wasn't a fairytale. He wasn't going to be the prince to save me from my fucked up life. That's not how the world worked.

I felt my hips moving slowly to the song playing over the intercom. It felt nice to move around a little. I knew if anyone saw I would look like a complete fool but the only thing stopping me from bursting in to tears was the movement I was now making. "Hey, I like your moves." Someone said and I looked up, my cheeks burning in embarrassment. I immediately stopped moving, gripping my paper tightly.

"Don't stop!" The guy complained and I noticed he was moving his hips to the beat as well with a look of amusement on his face. "I wanna dance." He complained.

I laughed and slowly started moving again, biting my lip. "Just for a second." I replied nervously.

He smiled and moved his body closer to mine, I stepped back instinctively but then his hands made their way to my hips and soon enough he was guiding my body. Who was this guy? He was quite strange. He looked familiar though.

Another guy popped up and grabbed the guy dancing with me by the arm, dragging him away without a word. I stood in confusion but eventually shook my head and started staring at my list again, trying to strategically plan my way out of the store after picking up each item.

*

Brendon held his arm up as he pouted, "Noooo. I want that girllll." He complained to Ryan, who was dragging him away with an annoyed look on his face.

"You can't have her. She's taken." Ryan said, crossing his arms as he finally got Brendon away from the aisle.

"How do you know?" Brendon said, crossing his arms over his chest in annoyance.

"That's the girl we are looking for. That's Kade." Ryan said, rolling his eyes at Brendon's ignorance.

"Good God, it's about time. We've been looking for her for like, ever." Brendon complained, forgetting his initial attraction. "Well let's go get her!" He said, facing the aisle once again.

Ryan broke out in laughter, his fingers busily texting Spencer who happened to be in the produce section of the store getting groceries. "What do you suggest we do? Tie her down until Spencer shows up?" Ryan asked, amused with Brendon.

Brendon gave it serious consideration, "I don't have any rope." He said, biting his lip as he contemplated a way around that. "Stay here and I'll go buy some!" Before Ryan could stop him he took off down another aisle, searching for rope.

Ryan quickly texted Spencer again, -Hurry dude. Brendon went in search of rope. I'd hate to traumatize the girl.-

Then Ryan went off in search of Brendon. He didn't want his friend to get any jail time tonight.



**

(Spencers POV)

-Aisle 9. I quickly shoved my cart to aisle 9, making it there in what had to be record time. I looked around and saw Kade at the end of the aisle. Thankfully Brendon was nowhere to be seen so I slowly pushed my cart towards her, trying to look natural. At least tonight I had actually been grocery shopping. For about three weeks the guys had joined me here each night searching for her. It was quite creepy. I just wanted to see her again.

I paused in horror as Brendon appeared behind Kade with a crooked grin on his face, then Ryan appeared next to him, tugging on his arm.

I broke from my daze and pushed my cart faster, "Kade!" I called out.

Kade looked up in surprise, her eyes widening as she recognized me. I stopped just a few feet from her, almost losing control of my cart, "I-Hi. It's nice to see you again." I said, breathlessly. Ryan finally managed to pull Brendon away and they disappeared leaving Kade alone with me in the aisle.

"Hi, yeah. You look... like you're grocery shopping. That's always fun." Kade replied, awkwardly. "I recognized Ryan so I figured you were close by."

I quietly cursed, having not thought of that. "Yeah, they were uh helping me."

"From a distance?" Kade asked, shifting. "By spying on me? They aren't the sneakiest." She informed him.

I nodded, "I'm guilty of being a creep. I'm sorry but I don't think that you want me gone from your life."

"You're wrong Spencer." Kade replied coldly. He needed to be gone. She couldn't handle him being in her life.

"What are you so afraid of?" I asked, staring at Kade as she tried desperately to look away from me. Her eyes kept coming back up though to take a look at me.

"I don't know what you mean." She said softly, staring at her feet.

I gently placed my fingers on her chin, lifting her head so that she would look at me. That's when I noticed the bruise on her neck. "I didn't mention it last time but I'm not blind. I saw the bruises. I see you have a new one. I know theres something going on, I just don't know what. I'll find out though. I know you don't want me gone. You just dont' want me to know your secret." I said, breathing out. That had been everything circling in my mind that I needed to get out to her.

Kade glared at me, "This is why you can't be in my life. Because you're not blind and you're not stupid and I don't have time for explanations." She turned from me, pushing her cart out of the aisle.

She dropped her list and I stopped to pick it up, "Wait Kade. My friend Brendon is 21, he can buy this alcohol for you." I told her, unsure of why I was offering. Was she throwing a party? That was a shit ton of alcohol.

Kade stopped and turned towards me, "Are you sure?" she asked, biting her lip.

I nodded, she stayed.



**

(Thanks for the feedback on the previous chapter! :) I'll definitely continue since people are reading... Anyway, tell me what you think? I'm slightly worried that I'm rushing things in this story. I just don't want a lot of dead space. Thanks!)
Sign up to rate and review this story