Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Turn Away

Chapter 4

by lindsaykilljoy 0 reviews

Liz and Gerard talk a bit.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-10-30 - Updated: 2011-10-31 - 1176 words

0Unrated
I watched Gerard take his place on the stage and grab the microphone from the announcer. I quickly grabbed a glass of champagne and started swallowing my embarrassment. He began to speak as the crowds applause settled.

“Thank you, thank you. I have been working for the past year finishing all of my pieces. They each mean something different to me and I hope you can understand the emotion I put into them. So please, help yourself to drinks and enjoy some fine art. Have a great night.”
Gerard finished his speech and handed the microphone back. He stepped off the stage and made his way back to my side. I just continued to drink.

“Well, hello again.” he said. “Sorry about that”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were an artist? Or better yet, the famous artist of Bellville that has his very own show?!” I was a little frantic and could see Brea in the distance looking over at us. She was probably wondering what the hell was I doing with him.

“Well…you never asked.” he said laughing.

“Sorry.” I hesitated. “I feel like such an idiot.”

He continued to laugh. “It’s alright. You never really had a chance to know anyway. But now it’s my turn to know your name.” He prolonged.

I smiled. “Liz. You can call me, Liz.”

“Liz. Short for Elizabeth?” He asked.

“That’s right.” I said surprised. No one really asked about my name. Nicknames are so common now a days people don’t bother to question it.

“You know,” Gerard said, “There is a famous painter in the 1800’s named Elizabeth Siddal. She is one of my favorite artists, but not nearly as beautiful as you.”

I started blushing. I had never met a man so charming in my life. I saw him look down at my empty glass.

“Well hey. Why don’t me and you get out of here. I know a great pub just a few block down where I can buy you a drink myself. I‘ll even drive you home.” He said.

“Sure!” I jumped on the suggestion quickly, but remembered that Brea was still just a few feet away. “Let me go talk to my friend real quick and then I will be right back.”

I walked over to Brea and told her what was happening. All about how Gerard was the mystery guy and invited me out.

“Oh my god! Well you have to go with him.” She said.

“Will you drive my car home then? And not get too drunk.” I scolded her.

“No, I promise I wont. Don’t worry. It’ll be fine And maybe I‘ll find a man of my own here...” We both laughed and I gave her a big thank you hug. I had made my way back to Gerard, but as I peered back to wave bye to Brea, I saw she found a man to converse with. He was about her height and had black hair that was shaggy all around but slightly spiked in the front. He was wearing a nice dress jacket and tie, but with skinny jeans and fingerless gloves. I could tell he was quite a character, and laughed as I turned around to Gerard.

“Ready?” He asked putting his hand out for me.

I took his hand and smiled. “Of course.”

We made our way out of the building and walked three block down to a old fashioned looking Irish pub.

“There it is.” He said

“Wait, Gerard. How are we going to get in? They’ll card us.” I said nervously. I knew I had my fake ID on me, but how tacky would that have been to pull out in front of him.

I saw Gerard chuckle. “Don’t worry about it.”

Even though I was confused, we still proceeded our way to the front door where a slightly larger man was standing. He had a big curly afro and was wearing all black. Gerard and I, hand in hand, walked up to the man.

“Hey, Ray!” Gerard said as he hugged the larger man.

“Oh hey, Gee! How’s it goin’ man?” Ray said.

“Pretty good. Me and my lovely date Liz were just coming to escape from the party.” He stated.

Date? I really enjoyed the ring to that and liked a man that wasn’t afraid to state romantic interests. Alex barely showed romance besides sucking my face off, but even that was mainly behind closed doors. Guys can be so touchy with labels and romance. I smiled.

“Well alright! Go on in, dude. Have a drink for me.” Ray said as he moved aside to let me and Gerard in.

“Oh. Well that answered my question then.” I said to Gerard.

He laughed. “Ha, yeah. Ray is one of my best friends. Besides, the owners of the place let me in ever since I painted some murals for them a couple years ago. I come here a good amount, since I live just right around the corner.”

“You have a nickname too, huh?” I said laughing as we found two seats at the bar.

He started to laugh. “Are you making fun of me?”

“No, no!” I said worried that I had offended him. “I think it’s cute. May I use it sometime?” I asked with a grin.

“Yes. Yes, you may.” He smiled.

“Well then, thank you……Gee.”

We started laughing as Gerard ordered us two beers. We started drinking and must have been at the bar for hours. I remember sitting there and talking with Gerard, but my memory blurred after the night passed on. Blackness.

~The Next Morning~

I felt soft surroundings and warmth on top of me. Hangover. I could feel it without even opening my eyes. Keeping them shut, I reached to my right feeling for my phone, but nothing was there. I knew my night stand was to the right of me because I reach every morning for my phone.

I pulled my arm back and slowly opened my eyes to a bright white room, with large windows facing out towards the city. There was a large patterned loveseat sitting in the corner of the room as well. I sat up in the king-sized unfamiliar bed that was layered with white silk sheets and soft feather pillows. The night stand was to the left of me, and the only thing on top of it were comic books and a small black lamp. The floor was made of nice smooth wood and went throughout the entire room. Suddenly I felt the bed vibrate from thumping footsteps. They grew louder as I then saw Gerard walk into the doorway. He was wearing navy blue briefs and nothing else. He had a great body and chiseled features. He scratched his head and shook his hand through his messy black hair.

He leaned against the door and yawned a bit. “Hey there.”

What the hell happened last night, was all I could think.
Sign up to rate and review this story