Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Anytime You Want

by Battery_Star 3 reviews

[Frerard One-Shot] Gerard Hasn't seen Frank in three years. Gerard is forced to marry someone who he doesn't love. Will Frank save the day?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-11-09 - Updated: 2011-11-09 - 1078 words - Complete

1Original
He doesn’t love you. He never did. That’s why he ran. If you hadn’t have kissed him, he would still be here; maybe he would even save you from her. He would still be your best friend.

I haven’t seen frank in three years, since that drunken night at my apartment. It was just another horror movie marathon with my best friend, him cuddled up into my chest, me protecting him from the monsters on the screen. I’d had way too much to drink that night, and I was finding it difficult to keep my feelings for the seventeen year old at bay. He hid his face in the crook of my neck as a zombie jumped out on screen. He whimpered at the sight, and the sound pushed me over the edge. I pulled him into a sloppy, drunken kiss; to which he didn’t respond. As expected, he pushed me away and ran from the house. I haven’t seen the guitarist since, not at school, not in any of his favourite shops, not even in the street. He had literally vanished off the face of the earth.

I ran my fingers through my tousled bright red hair. She made me dye my hair this colour because apparently it makes me look happy. I stared at my reflection in the mirror, half heartedly adjusting my suit and attempting to tame my hair. Broken eyes stared back at me, bloodshot with heavy bags underneath “I don’t know who you are anymore” I whispered to myself. I couldn’t bring myself to cry; I shed all my tears years ago.

“Its time” Mikey said, peeking his head around the door, a half smile on his face.

“I don’t want to do it mikes; I’m twenty four years old. I'm not ready. I don’t want her. I don’t love her. I want Frankie,” I turned to face my brother, tears welling up in my eyes. “I need someone to love me Mikey!” I was quickly in cased in my brother’s fragile arms as he whispered comforting words in my ear. She doesn’t love me. She’s in it for the money. She’s told me time and time again that she doesn’t love me; she’s cheated, too.

“It’ll be okay Gee, it’ll be over soon. You don’t even have to live with her!” I sighed and nodded before following Mikey out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood at the alter next to Mikey, staring at the wall behind the minister. Just think of her as frank, and then it will be over easier and quicker. All too soon, the organ started to play and the doors at the back of the church opened. Mikey tapped my shoulder and gave me a sympathetic look. I turned and saw her walking down the isle. Her black hair pulled up in her usual pigtails and her lips were stained blood red, corners turned up into a fake smile. Her dress was short; you would never have thought it was a wedding dress and her combat boots clunked down the isle, adding a heavy beat to the wedding tune.

Her father un-hooked their arms and placed her hands in mine, giving me a stern look. Did I mention her whole family were in on the fact that we didn’t love each other? I tried to put on a small smile, to please everyone, but I’m pretty sure I failed at that too.

I wasn’t really paying attention through out the ceremony; I didn’t want to be here. Not one bit. My future wife squeezed my hand, bringing me back to reality. “Do you, Lindsey Ann Ballato, take Gerard Arthur Way to be your lawful wedded Husband?” Please say no.

“I do.” Fuck.

“ And do you, Gerard Arthur Way, take Lindsey Ann Ballato to be your lawful wedded Wife?” the minister, Mikey, Lindsey and my parents all looked at me with hopeful eyes, where as Lindsey’s father was almost daring me to say no, just with his stare.

“Umm... I... um... I d-“

“STOP!” I was cut off by the church doors swinging open and a short figure walking through the door.

“Frankie…” I breathed as he looked at me with bloodshot puffy eyes. Frank quickly took the guitar that was hanging loosely around his neck into his arms and began to play it quietly. He hummed along for a little while, taking small steps towards me. He stopped humming and started to sing softly, talking in-between verses.

If you stay,
I would even wait all night,
Or until my heart explodes,
How long?
Until we find our way,
In the dark and out of harm.
You can run away with me,
Anytime you want.

“I'm so sorry I left Gee.

Terrified of what I'd be,
As a kid from what I've seen;
Every single day,
When people try
And put the pieces back together,
Just to smash them down.
Turn my headphones up real loud.
I don't think I need them now,
'Cause you stop the noise out

“I was shocked, I didn’t mean to run.

If you stay,
I would even wait all night;
Or until my heart explodes
How long?
Until we find our way,
In the dark and out of harm.
You can run away with me
Anytime you want.
Anytime you want.
Anytime you want.
Don't walk away.
Don’t walk away.
Don’t walk away.

“I still love you Gerard, I always have.

'Cause if you stay,
I would even wait all night
Or until my heart explodes
How long?
Until we find our way
In the dark and out of harm,
You can run away with me,
And you can write it on your arm.
You can run away with me,
Anytime you want.

“Run away with me, Gerard, we can start again.” He continued to play a few chords then slung the guitar around so it rested on his back. “I’m sorry for everything, really, just… please?” he held his hand out towards me. I turned around to see Mikey grinning at me, before nodding slightly, giving me the go-ahead. I slowly took my hands from Lindsey’s, ignoring her protests, and placed my hand in Frank’s. Our fingers intertwined; his tattooed fingers fitting perfectly with my plain, pale ones.

“Anytime you want,”
Sign up to rate and review this story