Categories > Original > Drama

The Midnight Beast - Problems

by BrilliantlyInsane 0 reviews

Ash from The Midnight Beast is having problems, and he can't tell Drew or Stef either. A/OC One-shot.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2011-11-09 - Updated: 2011-11-09 - 477 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ash was having problems. Most of these problems centered around a girl, but all were irritating and made him think too much. Some of these worries were about writing new lyrics for a song Stef was pumper about and trying to get Drew to focus on his drum solo, true, but in the end most of them came back to her.

She herself was not a problem. In fact, she was probably the least problematic girl he'd ever met.

And THAT was a problem.

How he could he have let himself fall for her? He’d never even met her for God’s sake! He just kept, well, noticing her online. It sounded stupid, he even felt stupid admitting it, but she was everywhere. Every tweet, every message, and every freaking wall post… he saw them all, and couldn’t help but laugh. Ash knew it was the same girl. Her picture was amazing; all blonde hair, big blue eyes and a slight smile etched onto her face. He couldn’t stop thinking about this girl.

And that was another problem.

He was afraid for the first time in his life, and his fear was all about this girl. His fans were amazing, and he was so grateful to them all, but if ever got a girlfriend, it wouldn’t be easy. The Midnight Beast fandom would chew her up and spit her out, even if she was part of it herself. She would always be known as ‘Ash’s girlfriend’ – a nameless trophy. How long could anyone put up with being put as second best? She should have left him alone, but the thought scared him. He wasn't sure he could handle it. He’d never even spoken to the girl, but he didn’t want to cut her out of his life when she wasn’t even aware she had a part in it. It scared him.

Another problem.

How could he tell her he thought about her? A tweet? ‘Hi, it’s Ash, I like it when you post stuff to us online, talk to me?’ It sounded stupid to even his own ears. The anonymity of the hilarious girl behind her computer screen intrigued him, but it also made trying to talk to her that much harder. How would he explain it, even if he did? ‘Oh hey Stef, I can’t stop thinking about a girl I’ve never met or spoken to but I just tweeted her and need some reassurance?’.

Pfft. He was such a loser. Someone like her would never like someone like him - cripplingly shy in private, a brave face to the world. It just didn't work like that.

So yes, Ash was having problems, and most of them were centered around a girl whom he’d never even met.

Eurgh, he thought. Life is so hard.
Sign up to rate and review this story