Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Frerard - Forbidden Love

Frerard - Forbidden Love

by MyChem4Life16 6 reviews

Frerard. Gerard's failing in music class, Mikey has an idea that will change his life for good.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2011-11-12 - Updated: 2011-11-12 - 951 words

0Unrated
A/N Hey guys, this is the first time I’ve posted on Ficwad. The first chapter’s really short, so sorry but it’s just kind of the intro to what’s coming up. Hope you like it, please review!


Blue

Xo

Chapter 1 – The Beginning

Gerard’s POV

Great. Fucking great.

I mean, I know I’ve been messing around with school lately by skipping days but I didn’t think I’d end up getting a call from my music teacher saying, ‘You need to step up your game or I’ll fail you’. Do you know how awkward it is receiving a call from your teacher?

Not only did they ring me, they rang my fucking parents. Which means I got grounded. My life was so thrilling.

“Gerard!” Mom called from upstairs. Snapping me from my frustration. My room was in the basement, I liked how confined it was and separate from the outside world and I was surrounded with posters of my favourite bands. I loved getting lost in music, which is why I was so upset when I heard I was failing the subject. “Yea Mom?” I called back.

“I suggest you come upstairs” She didn’t sound angry anymore so I let out a sigh of relief. Even though I knew I wasn’t let off the hook just yet. I rolled over and pulled myself out of bed.

As I walked up the stairs and toward the kitchen I squinted at the bright sun outside. I had one single beam of light in my room, I had an obsession with vampires and despite most people, I actually felt safer in the dark. I turned the corner and at down opposite my Mom at the kitchen table.

“Right Gerard, can you tell me why exactly you were skipping school” She asked, gripping a cup of tea. I wrinkled my nose at it, don’t get me wrong I like tea, but it’s no match to coffee.

“Mom, haven’t we been through this already?”
“I’m just trying to make sense of why you thought you could pick and choose days to go into school”
“Because I don’t fit in. I hate it” I mumbled not wanting to have that conversation again.
“Well I don’t want you moving schools again. It took a lot to get you into that school”
“I’m not asking you to” I said with a little more anger in my tone than I’d meant to. In response she slammed down her mug.
“Gerard Way. Don’t you get angry at me when all I’m trying to do is help you.”
“Sorry Mom” I almost whispered.

“As I was saying, we’re not going to move you again. But we need something to give you that push” Just then Mikey walked through the door to the kitchen. Took in the scene before him and quietly sat down next to me.
“What’s going on Mom?” He asked, picking up a cookie from the plate in front of him.
“If Gerard doesn’t get his act together he’s going to fail music” She replied, not taking her eyes of her tea-cup.

“What?! But you’re so creative Gerard!” Mikey genuinely sounded shocked.
“But I suck at guitar”
“So we’re trying to find some way to get Gerard to pass” Mom cut in. We were silent for a moment before Mikey smiled.
“I have an idea”
“What?” I said, doubting that his idea would actually be any good. I love my brother, but sometimes he really did come out with complete bull.

“Well you know Frank?” Suddenly my Mom mirrored Mikey’s grin.
“Frank Iero?” She asked.
“Yea, well he’s an amazing guitarist. Maybe he could teach Gerard?”
“Hang on Mikes. I don’t even know this guy, who says he’ll help? Plus, I’d feel weird learning from someone like five years younger than me”
“Cos Frank’s a real nice guy, he’s into the same kind of music as you and everything. And does age really matter? He’d only give you some tips on how to play guitar” Mikey responded, clearly pleased with his idea. Before I could say anything else, my Mom chimed into the conversation again.

“I think it’s a brilliant idea. Michael would you mind calling Frank?” Mikey beamed and jumped out of his chair. I, on the other hand wasn’t so keen on the idea, I didn’t want Mikey’s friends knowing I was failing music.
“Sure” And with that, he left the room, leaving me with my mother.
“Cheer up Gerard, you never know, you might end up being friends with him” She patted my hand and took her mug to the sink.

“Doubt it” I muttered. I was in a foul mood and all I wanted to do was go to bed and sleep.
“Can I go back to my room now please?” I asked, fidgeting in my seat.
“You spend too much time down there”
“But I want to do some painting, I don’t want to fail Art too” I figured my excuse to paint was pretty good as my Mom changed her tone and nodded. Finally I was free to do something to express myself.

As soon as I got into my room I began mindlessly splatting paint onto a blank canvas.
“Gerard” Mikey called from behind my bedroom door, I hated people coming into my room without knocking or anything so Mikey had always warned me before he made an entrance.

“Yea, what is it?”
“Everything’s sorted. Frank’s coming over tomorrow”

Oh goodie, I thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story