Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

I love you.. or, maybe not.

by PrisonerBeDamned 1 review

Skye didn't want anything to do with anyone. So, when attractive Frank Iero and his friends intrude in her life, well, things could only get worse.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-11-15 - Updated: 2011-11-16 - 1210 words

2Ambiance
So I haven't updated this in yonks.. but I've kinda had some trauma and.. well, yeah. But I will update this today and just tell me what you think of this so far?!

Prologue..


Kayee couldn't determine the the crisp, autumn leaves of September's fall to the orangey, auburn colour of her best friend's hair as she sat over on the chipping bench, undoubtedly picking the black nail varnish off her short nails, wind blowing through her thick locks. It was going to be harder than first anticipated, Kayee realized as she stared at the girl.

That day she, Kayee's best friend, was wearing a grey, cute little panda hat with matching fingerless gloves, along with their best friends necklaces: a cracked heart - faded black - which joined at the center. Nothing cheesy, just.. pretty. Kayee wished she had also worn her hat, because it was a lot colder than it was when she first started walking to the abandoned park. Since the new park (Rainbows, was it?) was built down the road, everyone went to that one and ignored the rusting, creaking swings and slides of this park. It turned into the two girls sanctuary - their safe haven.

Plucking up her courage, Kayee quickly brushed a hand through her black locks, straightened out her Iron Maiden teeshirt and approached the bench, the soggy, trodden leaves slopping and crunching beneath her heavy Dr. Martens.

The girl on the bench didn't stir and Kayee anxiously sat down next to her, biting her chapped lips, and stared out to the murky pond. The bitter air ripped at her pale skin and nipped at her frost-bitten, stiff fingers, but she continued looking to her best friend. She was so, blissfully unaware; ignorant of anything, what she was about to be told.

But Kayee had to do it. She had to. She nervously cleared her throat, voice cracking as she said, "Hey, Skye."

The girl, Skye, jumped out of her skin and looked to her best friend with wide, trapped-deer looking eyes, but then she relaxed and smiled gently. Her pale skin was smooth and soft, and with her small nose and slightly pointed ears, anyone would think her an elf. It was a shame she wasn't wearing green. "Hey, Kayee," she greeted. "You said you needed to talk?"

Kayee nodded swiftly, swallowing down the dry lump of heart-thudding nervousness that stabbed at the back of her throat. "Y-yeah.. Look, Skye.." Sighing deeply and closing her eyes, Kayee let her shoulders slump. She just had to get it out, get it over with. So, fluttering open her eyes, Kayee announced, "I'm moving."

The bright smile that was spread across Skye's face faded. "W-what?"

Kayee bit her lip and stared out to the dancing leaves behind her best friend as the wind whistled, branches rustling, and a quack came from beside her. Her icy blue eyes looked to the lone duck as it sat on the pond, water rippling around it's bum, then she looked back to her friend. "I'm moving, Skye," she repeated.

"I heard you the first time! How could you? Why are you leaving?" Skye asked, hazel eyes filled with disappointment as she threw her hands up and sat on the bench sideways, knees at her chest.

Kayee ignored the dirt, soggy mud and leaves Skye's converse brought up with her feet, and instead grimaced. "I know. It's my dad's job.. he's got to go to Canada or some shit."

"Or some shit?" Skye laughed. "You don't even know where you're going?"

Kayee mirrored Skye's position with a smirk, and shrugged her shoulders. "So? You don't know your mum's birthday."

"Well I know yours!" Skye retorted, gleaming with pride. "That's all I need to know. Well, that, and the fact you're afraid of spiders."

Kayee's deep blue eyes narrowed immediately. "Put a spider in my suitcase, you wont live to see our plane leave."

Skye simply pouted, and lightly poked her friend in the arm.

Kayee smiled. "Besides, I have something on you, too."

Skye arched an eyebrow. "Oh?" she challenged, grinning. "What then?"

Instead of replying, Kayee pounced on her best friend, laughing as her fingers tickled every inch of Skye's pale skin, forcing a wild chortle to belt into the brisk air at every second.

"OKAY!" Skye shrieked, "I surrender! Get the fuck off of me!" Skye rolled onto the floor with a thud, groaned, and pushed herself up, not bothering to brush off her clothes as she sat back on the bench, shoving her best friend.

There was a small silence in which both girl's wore smiles, until Kayee talked.

"Skye," she stared. The girl glanced at her best friend, who was clearly distressed. "How's.. your mum?"

Skye's mum.

How was she? Insane? Or was that her dad? Perhaps even Skye? She generally didn't know, everyone was telling her different things.. but her mum hadn't been right since she was raped back in 2003. And now she was taking cocaine, bought from her Skye's dad's friend, Mark.

Skye turned to face her best friend. "Insane."

Kayee's expression remained solid. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wont be here, I'm sorry she's like that, I'm sorry your family's so dysfunctional. I'm sorry I'm leaving."

Skye smiled softly, sadly, shakily, and shook her head once. "It's not your fault," she mumbled.

Kayee nodded. "Stay in contact with me. Tell me about Mr. Stania's mustache and Miss. Evan's Hello Kitty hair pin, okay? Reinvent yourself, too. I'm thinking black hair, purple, blue? I'll help you with it."

Skye smiled, a tear dropping down her cheek as a bubble of laughter escaped her. "I will. I'll become the scary girl no one talks to."

Kayee couldn't suppress a snort. "Yeah right. You, scary? You look like an elf; you're 5 foot 1 inches in the air, you have pointed ears, pale skin and a small nose. Oh yeah, and you're so fucking shy you can barely stand on too feet without hiding away in a corner."

Skye shoved her best friend again. "I'm not shy around you!"

Kayee shrugged. "I know, you're loud and obnoxious and funny around me. Around everyone else your like a helpless tortoise."

"Fuck you, Kayee!" Skye grinned, picking a leaf out of her hair from when she rolled onto the floor. "Just fuck you."

"Hey, that's Mr. Stania's job!" Kayee joked.

Skye, smiling so big her cheeks could burst, pulled her best friend into a hug. "I'll miss you so much, Kayee."

Kayee smiled and pulled away from her best friend's embrace, quickly wiping away a tear. "I'll miss you, too. I'll text you tonight.. Bye, Skye." And then, with a quick wave and another small hug, Kayee walked back the way she came.

But before her shadowy figure disappeared into the wind and leaves completely, Skye shouted, "He's out of your league and it's illegal! you'll never have Mr. Stania!"

In the distance, through the growing mist, Skye faintly saw her best friend raise her middle finger.. and then, she left.

Hey! First story, I hope you like it. This is just a prologue; everyone will be introduced in the next chapter. I'll update it straight away just so you'll see if this story'll be for you or not. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story