Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Blinded by Misery

You shouldn't mumble

by imashamally 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2011-11-19 - Updated: 2011-11-19 - 1917 words

1Original
"This is it." I thought to myself before the music started for a second time tonight. I sat straddling the hardwood chair as the introduction played.

Tonight it's on play, my song, it's a celebration
I worked a long week and now there is no hesitation
I need a drink or two make that a few I ain't waiting
Yes, yes, I'm grown and you know I got no time for wasting
Gonna forget my trouble 'cause it's a special night
Not gonna stress for nothing, I'm feeling quite alright
If it's your birthday, baby, I'm gonna grant your wish
This is a private party, V-I-P in this bitch
I'm a prima donna, I can rule the world
Don't care who's around me, I can rule the world
So hands up, catch this feeling, there's no stop in this
Right now in this moment I can't rule the world
So ladies, pop, pop, pop, blow it up
Make it pop, pop, pop, turn it up
Speakers pop, pop, pop 'til I'm drunk
Bottles pop, pop, pop
A little fun never killed, never hurt nobody
So grab a glass and raise it up, baby, work your body
Ain't nothing wrong, just go on if you're feeling naughty
Yes, yes, I'm grown and I don't need no judgment on me
Gonna forget my trouble 'cause it's a special night
Not gonna stress for nothing, I'm feeling quite alright
If it's your birthday, baby, I'm gonna grant your wish
This is a private party, V-I-P in this bitch
I'm a prima donna, I can rule the world
Don't care who's around me, I can rule the world
So hands up, catch this feeling, there's no stop in this
Right now in this moment I can't rule the world
So ladies, pop, pop, pop, blow it up
Make it pop, pop, pop, turn it up
Speakers pop, pop, pop 'til I'm drunk
Bottles pop, pop, pop
I'm a prima donna, I'ma
A prima donna I
I'm a prima donna, I'ma
A prima donna I
I'm a prima donna, I'ma
A prima donna I
I'm a prima donna, I'ma
A prima donna I
I'm a prima donna, I'ma
A prima donna I
I'm a prima donna
I'm a prima donna, I can rule the world
Don't care who's around me, I can rule the world
So hands up, catch this feeling, there's no stop in this
Right now in this moment I can't rule the world
So ladies, pop, pop, pop, blow it up
Make it pop, pop, pop, turn it up
Speakers pop, pop, pop 'til I'm drunk
Bottles pop, pop, pop

The song went out with the lights. I was completely out of breath and praying to god I wasn't one of those who thought she could do this and everyone hated it. After a few more seconds I was being applauded and drug backstage by Desiree.
"Why didn't you tell me you could dance like that?" She was gripping my arm so tight I thought it would go numb. I didn't know whether she was upset or thrilled.
"I thought I was supposed to audition like everyone else. I didn't see the need too." I flushed and felt extremely hot with everyone breathing down my neck with congratulations.
"Welcome to Burlesque Night Club honey. Your gonna go far." Desiree rubbed my arm up and down before leaving me to be swallowed whole by the screaming girls. I saw Ann standing off to the side smiling with her arms crossed over her chest. I smiled as much as possible at everyone as I made my way over to her.
"You were great." She hugged me.
"Thanks for what you said to Des. I just sort of freaked out there but you have always given me the courage throughout my life. Thank you." I hugged her again before she ran her hand through my hair and went to get ready for the next set.
I made my way through the crowd and tried my hardest to get to the bar. I seriously needed a drink after that major step in my life. I went through the VIP section and was grabbed from behind and drug through the crowd to a secluded hallway.
"Who the hell do you think you are?" I yelled at the jerk that basically murdered me.
"Sorry, sh. Calm down." Gerard said pinning me against the wall.
"What are you doing here?" I asked after my heart attack subsided.
"Watching your audition with a couple of friends of mine." He batted his eyelashes. I noticed his eyes glance down the front of my corset. I took his chin and brought his eyes back up to mine.
"My eyes are right here." I turned beet red. I don't understand guys, for one it is sexist and two I don't have hardly any breasts to flaunt.
"Sorry sugar. That performance was incredible and you looked damn hot up there." He leaned in a little further. I could feel his breath on my lips. This guy was seriously intoxicating but I just met him and he is already trying to get me into bed?
"Hold up there buddy." I said pushing his chest so he wasn't so close to me now. "I see exactly what your trying to do." I pointed a finger at him.
"Really?" He smirked and put his hand on my waist and the other against the wall, holding him up. "Just what might that be?" He asked getting closer.
"Well..um..your..just.."I kept stumbling over my words every time I would glance just for a second at his lips. I could feel his hand tense a little bit before he leaned in slightly more than before.
"You really shouldn't mumble." He whispered, his breath smelling of cigarettes and strawberries.
"Why not?" I whispered back. He smiled and rested his forehead against my own.
"Because I know what you want and your just denying yourself of it." He said rubbing his hand along my backside. I felt totally comfortable with him and was under a trance until I felt a presence close by.
"Chrysanthemum!" Ricky came running up to me and picked me off the ground, while spinning me. "You were awesome! Why didn't you tell me you were that great?" He asked as he sat me down. I noticed Gerard still staring at me so I knew I better make this fast.
"Why is it everyone thinks I should tell them I am wonderful. I am not full of myself like some people." I hinted looking at Gerard while he grinned.
"Well come out here, there are some drinks ready for you." He said motioning for me to follow behind.
"Go ahead. I'll be over in a second." I said as he looked at Gerard then at me and nodded. It wasn't a good nod either, it was almost like he was warning me. I turned back to Gerard who was already all over me again.
"I want you to meet some people." His hot breath in my ear made me shiver.
"Okay." I whispered. He linked his arm with mine and led back to the crowd and to a VIP table in the middle of the room. Standing there was Frank and Jamia.
"Frank, Jamia this is.." He wasn't able to finish before they already said my name.
"Chrysanthemum. You were so wonderful!" Jamia squealed. She hugged me tightly to her and I felt so loved I could cry.
"Thank you." I shouted over the music.
"You already know her?" He asked Frank.
"She is our neighbor." Frank hollered over the loudness.
"Oh, well that's great." Gerard smiled at me and I felt a slight bit uncomfortable. Gerard grabbed my hand and pulled me to him.
"Come with me to get some drinks." He said in my ear. I nodded and he held me close to him until we got to the bar.
"Do you drink?" He asked.
"Not a lot. Just some champagne." I smiled. He nodded and grabbed a diet coke.
"Aren't you going to pay for those?" I asked him as we were about to leave the bar.
"They are already paid for sugar." He noted in a questioning sentence.
"What?" I was confused. He fucking laughed again. He held my hand over to a quieter area but not so secluded.
"I own half this place." He said in my ear as he bent down to my level.
"Excuse me?" I said breathless.
"Yeah, the band and myself own half this place. We perform here sometimes." He straightened back up.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I whined.
"Didn't you just say you shouldn't be so full of yourself?" He giggled.
"Well. I mean yes but..that is something totally different." I shoved him lightly.
"Oh come on. Its not like it matters, I'm already famous so what does owning half of a bar change?" He said holding onto my waist.
"I guess nothing." I whispered looking into his eyes as his fingers dug into my side lightly.
"What do you say we get out of here and go back to my place?" He asked as he kissed my cheek. I hesitated for a second.
"Just us?" I asked looking into his face.
"Well Jamia and Frank too." He smiled. I nodded and left him to grab my things from backstage.

"Chrysanthemum." I heard Desiree looking for me.
"I'm right here." I waved over to her as I was packing up my stuff.
"Be here tomorrow night at 8:00 sharp. Don't be late." She smiled and cupped my cheek. I grinned and threw my bag over my shoulder. I had changed back into my jeans, boots, coat and scarf. I sure did not look like a burlesque dancer. That is for certain.

"Ready?" He asked holding my waist. I nodded and noticed Frank and Jamia had already left.
"Where did they go?" I asked.
"They went to their car and are heading to my place. We'll take my car." He gripped me tighter and we headed out towards the street. He opened my door like a gentlemen and even buckled my seat belt for me.
"Thanks." I smiled and he squeezed my hand before shutting the door. Gerard ran around to his side and pulled out.
"How old are you Chrysanthemum?" He asked, never taking his eyes off the road.
"22." I blushed.
"You seriously look sixteen." He laughed.
"Well sorry." I sighed.
"Sugar, I am kidding." He grinned and reached over and took my hand.
"How old are you Gerard?" I asked as his thumb rubbed circles on my palm.
"30." He said looking over to catch my facial expression.
"Oh." Was all I said. I giggled to myself and he noticed.
"What? Gonna call me old?" He smiled.
"No, I just thought you were like 25." I blushed again.
"Your the sweetest thing aren't you." He chuckled as he turned down a street with very nice looking town houses.
"You live here?" I asked as he pulled up in front of a expensive looking town home.
"Yes. Come on." He said getting out and coming around to open my door. He took my hand and led me inside.
"Your having a party?" I asked.
"Just a small get together with a few friends and the band." He flashed me a dead sexy grin. I looked away from him again. He opened the door and inside was beautiful but trashed from his 'small' get together.
Sign up to rate and review this story