Categories > Books > Harry Potter

She Walked Away

by dragonshaun9 0 reviews

A short introspective into the mind of Harry Potter after the final battle.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-11-23 - Updated: 2011-11-24 - 505 words

-1Predictable
A short one-shot introspection piece. This marks my first foray into Harry Potter fanfiction. I read it regularly enough, thanks to a heated debated I had earlier this year. I was an avid fan of Harry Potter until Just Kidding Trolling released Half-Blood Prince. When I got to the end and Harry and Ginny were together, I promptly set my copy on fire. I refuse to accept that pairing. But, this is my hand-wave to canon. What I think happened after the final battle. Harry's POV.





All I could do was watch. Just stand there, and watch as she walked away. She took my heart with her, each footfall leaving another broken piece behind. and all I could do, was watch. I had said nothing. She said nothing. in that moment, all we knew were the might-have-beens, the possibilities. but the moment passed. and she walked away.
My fault, it has to be. I missed every single sign, every hint and clue that she was there. She always was. But no, too wrapped up in everything else, my payment and reward was this sight of her leaving me behind. No one could ever make me feel like she did. No one could reach me just by being around. And I let it all walk away.
I could still call out. I could still say something. but the time has passed. My chances ran out long ago. All I can do is smile, as hollow as it feels, when she looks at me. I know what will happen, what should happen for my transgression. I'll go from being the best friend, to good friend, to mere friend, to acquaintance. and heaven knows, I'm painfully willing to ease out of her life. Who am I to complicate it more than I have?
She'll go to him. Thats fine. Beyond fine. They deserve some stability and happiness after what I've done to them. I'm a poison, a curse. I kill everything that touches me. She turns the corner, and for a last second she hesitates and looks back. I smile my empty smile at her, hoping it reassures her. There is a flicker in her eyes, a sorrow that only I can see. We are the only ones who could ever truly understand each other. But her choice was made, and I tell her in my smile that no matter what, I will support it. She knows. I know. We both know what is happening. But the die is cast, and she turns the corner.
I stare at that place for a time. The place I last saw her. my smile breaks, I feel it. I feel it as my face twists into something unrecognizable. Tears spring to my eyes, but I swallow my sobs. I feel hollow as I turn my head. from all of them, its my turn now. To do the one thing I must now, or I never will again. and as the shouts, sobs, and slightly hysterical laughter follow me, I walk away.
Sign up to rate and review this story