Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > One and Lonely

OAL -Chapter 2

by ElectricAmp 1 review

Frank and Gerard bump into each other again and start to get to know each other.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-11-26 - Updated: 2011-11-26 - 1198 words

0Unrated
"I'm all busted up, broken bones and nasty cuts, accidents will happen but this time I cant get up. She comes to check on me, making sure I'm on my knees, after all she's the one who put me in this state..."

'Pulling Teeth' by Green Day played on the radio as I drove home from work. All that afternoon after Frank came and left was crazy. I couldn't stop thinking about him. His voice, his words, his smile, his laugh. I replayed everything that happened in my mind over and over. I hope I didn't look like such a fool with my blushing and stuttering. I couldn't help it though! And I still couldn't figure out why I was so nervous. Yeah I knew I liked Frank…. A lot…. But why did it feel like It was more then just liking the guy? I felt more like I loved this man. But, I didn't even know his last name yet! Ugh. I'm so confused.

I pulled into the parking lot of my local IHOP, where I normally go after work. It was 6:30pm. My stomach was growling and I was hungry. I found a close empty parking spot and parked my old truck. As I walked outside the cold breeze of the near nightfall blew over my face. It was a beautiful night, the sun about to set and half of the sky was colored in a mixture of pink, red and orange. I stepped inside the doors and the woman led me to my seat at one of the booths. I pulled off my coat and sat down. The sweet smell of maple syrup and bacon surrounded my nose. I picked up the menu and looked it over, of course I didn't need to though because I already knew my order by heart. I folded the menu back up and set it down in front of me. When I looked back up I saw a man being seated across the room by another waitress.


That man was Frank.


My eyes had practically popped out of they're sockets by then and I could feel my face getting warm and my heart racing. I breathed in and out, hoping he wouldn't see me looking so nervous again. This is so not going to work if I keep getting scared out of my pants every time I see Frank. The waitress was about to walk away until I saw him mouth something and point at me. Oh shit! He started walking to my table. Fuck! I felt like I was going to have a heart attack or something.

"Why hello again friend!" he said smiling wide. "Mind if I sit here?" He giggled and sat down right across from me.

"Oh um, yeah sure why not? What, what are you doing here?" God, why can't I say something that's not obvious?
He laughed.

"Just grabbing a bite to eat." He said and pulled the menu over his face.

"Oh yeah, of course…" I wanted to repeatedly slam my head on the table right there, right now.

He set the menu back down and the waitress came back around with our drinks and to take the orders. Frank ordered the blueberry pancakes and I ordered my favorite, the chicken sandwich. I was now trying to think of what to say to Frank. Hmmm, what is a good conversation starter?

"So what do you, um, like to do? Y'know, in your free time…?" That's all you could think to say Gerard? What the fuck is wrong with me? Frank smiled and laughed a little. It kinda worried me that he laughed every time I spoke.

"I play guitar a lot. I'm a bit of a music freak…." He laughed again. I loved how happy he seemed. It made me happy. His eyes glistened. No, no Gerard focus on not looking like a dumbass right now!

"Oh that's cool! What kinda of guitar do you play? And I love music too."

"Electric and rhythm. You play anything?" He said playing around with a sugar packet on the table but still making eye contact.

"Oh, me? No… I like to draw though…. And I um, sing a little." I stuttered. Ugh, I felt like a huge fool. He was so confident and strong it seemed, why wasn't he so nervous. Oh yeah, because I'm probably just a friend to him…

"Drawing is cool. What do you draw?" He asked. He looked interested too.

"Well, I draw comics and super hero's…. And just sketching here and there." I was starting to get more relaxed and my face wasn't hot anymore. Thank God.

"You should show me sometime. I'd like to see them." He smiled. Oh God, here come the butterfly's again. His smile, I can't help but blush every time he looks at me with those big, brown eyes. It's like he can stare into my soul or something.

"Yeah, sure why not?" I said, smiling back. Maybe he does like me as more then a friend…..

We finished eating, paid the tab and headed out. I sat on the front of my truck, Frank sat next to me. He pulled out a pack of cigarettes and lit one then handed it to me, I took it and stuck it in my mouth.

"Thanks." I said.

"Don't mention it," he said as he lit his.
It felt like we were old friends. As I puffed in the smoke, I tried to get something going. I wanted to get to know Frank more.

"So," I said trying to think of what to say. "got a girlfriend?" Why did I just say that? What the fuck was I thinking?

Frank looked straight up and pulled the cig out. "Nope, never had one. Never had a boyfriend either."

Oh thank God, he's bi. Thank. God. "Oh. So how old are you?"

"I'm 19." He looked right at me. "And guess I haven't found some one that's worth my time." He acted very serious.

"I haven't either. Or at least I thought I did." I looked back at him.

"Care to tell?" The tone of his voice was calm and soothing.

"Long story short, girls aren't the sweetest creatures on earth." I said shaking my head a bit.

"Amen to that, my brother." He said and stuck out his fist. I pounded it back. I threw my cigarette to the ground and stomped on it. Frank did the same.

"It was really awesome meeting you and talking to you today, Gerard." He said smiling again.

"Thanks Frank, I enjoyed meeting you and talking to you as well." I couldn't help but show off the huge goofy grin on my face. This day had turned out better then planned. I reached in my pocket and pulled out a piece of paper with my cell number on it. I bit my lip, as I nervously handed it to him.

"Um, Frank. Here." I said. He took it in his hands and read it. A big open mouthed smile appeared on his face to reveal his shiny, white teeth. He put the slip of paper in his pocket.

"Thanks, Gerard." He said.
Sign up to rate and review this story