Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

Prologue

by striketoincinerate 3 reviews

'I kill people, Frankie.' Just a wee something I felt like writing. Unless people R&R and say they enjoy it I doubt I'll keep going with it. The story is set between the past and the present- ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-11-27 - Updated: 2011-11-29 - 1258 words - Complete

1Original
Prologue.


The two boys walked side by side down the street, the cold New Jersey air biting at their exposed faces. The older, Gerard, pushed his black hair back off of his face, his jaw set in a strong, defiant line. His little brother Mikey, walking alongside him, recognised the grim determination on his brothers face, but said nothing, focusing instead on the school day ahead of him. Both boys were wrapped up in their own thoughts, and the silence between them was almost comfortable. Almost.

Although Gerard was silent, he was angry. And the reason for him being so was due to walk around the corner right about...now. Walking down the street opposite, at the same pace, were three boys roughly Mikey's age, each of them alone making two of the mousy haired boy now trembling slightly next to Gerard. The only indication of their young age was the school tie draped loosely around each of their necks, missing the stripe to signify a senior. Upon seeing Mikey, the boy at the fronts hideous face lit up with a malicious grin. Either he was too stupid to notice Gerard, or he had written him off as being no possible threat; either way, he had made mistake number one. The other two boys had now noticed Mikey as well and the three began to meander stupidly across the road towards them in what Gerard imagined was supposed to be a threatening manner. To someone of Mikey's size and nature, he supposed, the scene would be quite intimidating. Judging by the lip biting going on beside him, Gerard could tell that Mikey was quite frightened.

'Alright, Michael?' The first adressed the terrified boy. 'Still walking this way to school are you?'

'Excuse me,' Gerard cut across him, grabbing Mikey's forearm and attempting to push through.
'Ooooh, who do we have here?' The boy grinned, turning to his two friends who were smiling in an extremely unattractive way. 'Think it's his brother, Rick.' A shaven headed boy behind the leader suggested.
'Oh yes. His fag brother.' The other two boys sniggered, even though his remark was not in the least humorous. Funny what fear does to people.
'Yes, well. My sexual orentation aside, my brother is getting late for school so, if you'll just excuse us...' Once again Gerard's attempts to pull him and his younger brother through failed. He could feel Mikey positively shaking under his grip.
'I don't think you're that late. It ain't polite to walk away when someones talking to you, yano that? Didn't your mother ever teach you no manners?'
Gerard sighed. 'Quite frankly, the fact that you can tell the time at all amazes me. And didn't your mother ever teach you not to use a double negative?'
Gerard very much doubted that 'Rick' understood any of what he just said to him, but the sarcastic tone with which he said it must have struck a chord somewhere, as the boys brow his suddenly furrowed. 'What did you say to me, fag?'
'It's not relevant now, is it? I've said it and you missed it, so it doesn't matter. What I'm saying to you now, however-' Gerard took a step closer '-is that if you don't get the fuck out of my way right now, I'll make sure you regret it.'

Rick was now standing only a few inches away from Gerard. Recognising the obvious threat in Gerard's voice, he raised his fist and began to bring it down with great force towards the boys pale face- when he found something stopping him. Looking down, he saw that Gerard was holding out a hand against his fist, and try as he might Rick could not break free from the smaller boys grasp. Unused to being resisted so easily, Rick let his guard drop in confusion. Mistake number two. 'Now now,' Gerard tutted. 'Didn't Mommy teach you to pick on someoene your own size?' And with that, Gerard pulled back his fist and swung for the taller boy, his knuckles colliding with his large nose and shooting a fountain of scarlet from his nostrils. Gerard used Rick's momentary surprise to his advantage, and as his balance wavered Gerard aimed a kick for his shin, sending him crashing to the ground. Rick's friends stood stupidly behind him, confused as to how this had happened and too frightened to do anything but stand and watch as their leader bled on the pavement. Mikey had taken a few steps back and was watching the scene from a safe position behind Gerard, a mixture of relief and adoration on his face. Gerard continued to swing his fist back and forward until the boy on the ground was pleading with him to stop. Looking up, he adressed the two others who's mouths were still hanging agape. 'Are you two wanting a shot as well, or...' Upon being adressed, the two snapped back to reality with a jump and a string of murmered 'no's'. Taking one last look at the pool of blood beneath their friend, and at the feverish, glinting eyes of the black haired boy, they backed slowly away and broke into a run, shouting something about Gerard being a 'fucking animal'.

Smirking slightly, Gerard turned to the bully, who was backing slowly along the pavement, his hands raised to protect his bloody face. 'Now,' Gerard said, continuing to smile, 'you're going to let me and Mikey past without a word. Your not going to tell anyone how your face got in that state, and neither are your stupid friends. And none of you are going to so much as look at Mikey again, or I will find out, and I will kill you. Got it?'
Rick looked up at Gerard and, nodding fervently, twisted himself into a standing position and, dripping a trail of scarlet down the pavement, broke into a run after his two friends. Bringing himself up into a standing position, Gerard turned to smile at his younger brother, whose brown eyes were watching him in awe. Pulling him into a quick hug, he ruffled his hair affectionately. 'Come on, Mikes. Let's get you to school.'


***


10 years on and Gerard strolled nonchalantly down the narrow side path in the near darkness. His feet made little noise on the pavement and his breath misted silently infront of him. The streets were completely deserted. Scanning the buildings on his right hand side, Gerard soon identified the flat he was looking for. Stepping into the doorway, he pressed the buzzer for flat 13. A crackle, and then: 'Hello?' Gerard smirked to himself. 10 years on and Rick sounded as stupid as ever. Clearing his throat, he said; 'Hey man, it's Tom here, from highschool?' A quick prior investigation into Rick's high school friends had identified Tom as the burly, shaven headed boy even stupider than Rick himself. Gerard wondered vaguely how far along the river Tom would have floated by now. Rick's voice broke through his thoughts again, echoing eerily into the deserted street behing Gerard. 'Hey man! Hold on a second and I'll let you in.' Letting go of the buzzer, Gerard said in his own voice, to no-one in particular, 'Thanks.' A click from the intercom, and the door was open. Letting himself in, and grabbing hold of the knife inside his leather jacket, Gerard closed the door that Rick himself had just unlocked. Mistake number three.


Sign up to rate and review this story