Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh!

Heartbeat

by kaginudoujinshimlf 0 reviews

this is just a very short story about yami and yugi.

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi, Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-06-17 - Updated: 2006-06-18 - 380 words - Complete

0Unrated
Moonlight flows into the room through the open window. I'm sitting on the sill, my left leg hanging out, as I stare at the moon. I raise my hand and look as silver shafts stream through my body-less soul onto the floor. I glance at the floor and smirk, not even a shadow. I lover my head and close my eyes, in my ears I can hear Yugi's heartbeat ...ba-bump...ba-bump...ba-bump...I mouth it silently to myself.

I open my eyes and look over to Yugi's bed; he has his back turned to me. I get up and go over to him. I notice he's holding the puzzle tightly to his chest. He's been doing that since the duel with Keith and the fire. I had asked him why he thought he needed me so much, but he had never answered.

His bangs are in his face, so I slowly reach down and pull them behind his ear. I straighten up and take a step back to the window.
Suddenly I hear a small voice say "Yami" I wheel around on my heel and see Yugi sitting straight up in his bed. I step back to him and kneel by his bedside "Yugi, I'm so sorry did I wake you, sorry." "What wrong Yami?" "Wrong? N...Nothings wrong. Why would it be?" I try to smile a bit. Yugi reaches out with his right hand, I lean my head against his palm. He grins then says, "That's fine, you don't have to tell me, but I wish you would." Our grins fade and he takes back his hand. We're both looking down when Yugi gives a considerable yawn. I look at the clock it's almost three. "Well, why don't you go back to bed?" (Yawn) "Alright." Yugi lies back down and I pull the blanket around him, I ruffle his hair. He laughs a bit and pushes my hand away. We grin at each other. "Good-night, Yami." "Good-night little aibou."

He turns back on his side and clutches the puzzle again. I turn and walk back to the window. I sit down, lower my head, close my eyes and listen to my hikari's heartbeat. As I listen I drift off into an uneasy half-sleep...ba-bump...ba-bump...ba-dump...




The end


Sign up to rate and review this story