Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Motions Of Life?

Streaks of Black

by OverRated 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-12-12 - Updated: 2011-12-12 - 1371 words - Complete

1Original
Chapter Eleven

Iam running away, trying to hide. All I ever do is run. Normally I know what Iam running from, but this time all I know is that Iam in motion. I dont even know where Iam running to. I rounded another corner and ran even faster.
It didnt matter that my feet ached and my chest burned. I couldnt stop. I rounded yet another corner. Why was there so many corners?
Ive always told myself to never look back as Im running as what Im running from will catch up to be if it saw the fear in my eyes. But now Im frantic. Im scared, as something was tugging at me to look back.
I looked behind me, still running. Darkness. Im running away from the darkness. Running away from the shadows that threatened to swallow me. Its catching up to me now. I knew not to look back. I knew. Another corner and another. I could feel the darkness clasp strands of my hair that hovered as I ran. Another corner and I was forced to stop. Faced with a deadend. A wall, old and wrinkled. Lonley as its erected in the middle of nowhere. I stared at it as it whispered at me. Sorry, came the faint voice. Theres nowhere to run to anymore. Defeated I turned around and faced the darkness. It washed over me like a wave and I drowned away.

I opened my eyes as sweat trickled down my neck. I licked my lips and took in my surrounding quietly. I was still on the couch with the blanket tangled around me. My book still half open and mugs were cluttered around it on the coffee table. Next to a hot chocalate stain lay a movie case that wasnt mine. Gerard. Gerard was here last night. He must of left when I fell asleep. It all came back to me, the way our hands fit together like a puzzle.
I closed my eyes again and lay on the damp cushion, taking in what I had just woken up from. It was another nightmare. One of many that terrorized me. But I somehow learnt to control them and by controlling them I mean not waking up screaming and crying. I remember how much that scared my mum as she tried to comfort me.
I wanted to stay sleeping, stay under the covers forever.
But I couldnt. I had to get up and pretend that Im okay. I struggled as I tried to undo the blanket that had me wrapped in a very tight embrace. I managed to get up as I heard clattering coming from the kitchen. I assumed it to be my mother, but then again who else could it be?
I sighed as I picked up the mugs and made my way to the sink.

The smell of pancakes woke me up from the dead-like trance I was under.
" Goodmorning Dawn "
" Morning Mum "

I carefully placed the mugs in the sink and went to sit opposite my mum who was helping herself to a pancake. I mirrored her actions, adding a generous amount of honey on top of the slighly burned skin.
" So, did you enjoy yourself last night? " my mum managed to say through mouthfuls.
I looked up confused. It wasnt that I was oblivous to what my mum was talking about. It just didnt register in my head yet. My mum picked up on my awkwardness and tried to ease it.
" I came home late last night to find the tv and dvd player running and you sleeping like a baby "
I didnt like that phrase ' Sleeping like a baby '. Babies woke up at night crying and hungry, wanting comfort and a mothers touch. But I wasnt going to tell my mum that.
" Oh, yeah I had company last night. Gerard came over to check up on me and he figured he will make a night out of it so he bought a movie along. It was okay I guess, I was entertained " I choked out.
I saw my mum smiling at me and I swear I saw a sparkle glint in her perfectly rimmed eyes.
I smiled back, giving her hope to spend on whatever she thought of me.
" So mum, how was your night? Did you and your friend have a lot of catching up? "
And with that question, my mum dived in, talking about her night with her long lost friend, detailing me everything thing they spoke about over dinner and a bottle of wine. I think we are doing the same thing over a plate of pancakes. My mum paused every while to take a breath and continue her breakfast. I didnt inturrupt her. I love hearing her talk about herself. I couldnt help but smile again.

By then my mum was off to work and I was once again stuck at home with myself for company, not that I preferred anything else.
I cleared the table and washed the dishes while glancing outside.
The scene outside seemed perfect. The sun was out and the air chilly. The wind danced around and the trees swayed to its rythem. People were getting into their cars, heading for another day at work to ensure their survival. A couple birds flew over head aimlessly and freely. It was all perfect .
But looks can be decieving. Or so I learnt in highschool. I opened the window and made a mental note to close it later as I headed towards my room.

I instantly jumped in the shower. The warm stream of water hitting my body, washing away any evidence of a nightmare earlier.
I turned of the water, wrapped a towel around my warm body and exited the shower. Steam fogged up the mirror. I didnt want to look at myself anyway.

I rummaged through my closet for something to wear. I always wore for comfort, today I felt like dressing up a bit. I wanted to feel elegant for a while even if Im staying indoors.
I pulled out a dress that my mum got me for my sixteenth birthday. I remember her handing me the box, neatly wrapped in beautiful colours. I winched at the thought of tearing it apart.
It was just me and my mum on my sixteenth birthday. No friends. No family. Many would consider it a lonley birthday, even sad. But being with my mum felt like I was surrounded by a crowd. I opened the package carefully and fell in love with the dress.
It had a very vintage look and feel about it. The colours were mezmerising and the pattern simple yet regal. Small uneven flowers covered the dress.
Ruby, gold and emerald green. Black filled in all the empty spaces. Four golden black buttons lined the back of the dress. It reached my knees and went out. The sleeves princess like. It was the type of dress that got passed down from generation to generation of women.
I slipped on the dress as I recalled the first time I ever laid eyes on it.

I found my cream crochet vest with tha large brown buttons and fixed it over the dress. I slipped on my black boots with the laces and walked over to my mums room, needing one more addition. I found her black coat that had a red riding hood like cap. I put it on and finally felt complete. I left my hair to dry naturally. I liked the curls that formed. I made my way to my mums full length mirror and forced myself to look at my reflection. I was content without any make. I felt like a little girl playing dress up.

I walked out and went to my desk drawer, took out my sketchbook and got lost in the world of art. The world that came with this dress, drawing an escape while I still can.

This chapter isnt supposed to end like this but my ideas were to big to fit into one chapter so i will continue them in the next. I hope you enjoy this one and please Rate And Review. It would mean a lot if you did
Sign up to rate and review this story