Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Savior of The Broken, The Beaten and The Damned

Chapter 6: The Truth

by TheatreGeek 3 reviews

Gerard explains why he was absent.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-12-12 - Updated: 2011-12-12 - 432 words

1Moving
“ My sister’s home from school as well, by the way. Brace yourself.” I said, turning to Gerard as I turned my key in the door. “Okay, I’ll be fine” he replied simply.
Just as I’d expected, Millie bounced down the stairs in her school uniform, curly wisps of hair flying free from her pigtails. “Hi Jenny! I lost my tooth! Look!” she jumped from the third step and thrust her small hand in my face, a little white spike in the palm. “that’s great Mill.” I said distractedly, glancing back at Gerard. He was stood awkwardly in the hallway behind me. I decided I needed to get him in my room before mum saw him and started asking questions. “ How about you go and put that tooth under your pillow? I’ve just got to speak to my friend Gerard about something.” I said to my little sister. Her eyes widened and she charged back up the stairs to her room. I rolled my eyes at Gerard and gestured to him to follow me.
I pushed open my bedroom door and immediately began to apologize for the mess, but Gerard stopped me. “ I was at the hospital today. I’m sorry I wasn’t at school.”
I tried to catch his eye, “ It’s okay. Why were you at the hospital? Did you hurt yourself?”
He made his way over to my bed and sat down on it. I joined him anxiously sitting on the very edge of the mattress. I saw his adam’s apple bob in his throat as he swallowed. He cleared his throat a couple of times, then finally managed to speak.
“ I was at the hospital having a few tests…I had to have some…treatment.”
This wasn’t making any sense in my head at all. What was he talking about? “ Treatment? For what?”
He blinked, and looked away. Slowly, he turned to me again. “ I….I have cancer. Leukemia to be exact.”
I looked into his eyes which were slowly filling with tears. The boy, who had everything together, was teaching me to do the same, was falling apart. And there was nothing I could do to help him. I didn’t know what to do. His head drooped and he sniffed. I slowly reached out and put my hand on his forearm. He covered it with his other hand and squeezed it tightly. I budged up closer and put my arms around him. It was the only thing I could think of to do. I needed to hold him together.
Sign up to rate and review this story