Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Ghost of Brendon's Past

(9) Pulling The Trigger All Wrong

by alligatorpie 4 reviews

"Ryan, don't!"

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-12-14 - Updated: 2011-12-15 - 925 words

2Exciting
Chapter Nine – Pulling the Trigger All Wrong

I jolted awake, my heart pounding. I tore away from Dallon, and threw on my clothes.

“Brendon?” Dallon mumbled groggily. “What are you-”

“I’m sorry, I have to go.” I said, hopping on one foot as I yanked on my converse.

“Why?” Dallon asked, his brows furrowing.

“Dallon, I’m so sorry.” I sighed, looking at him.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

I made my way over to the bed, and sat next to him. He sat up, and looked at me.

“Last night… I made a mistake.” I sighed. Dallon’s eyes widened. “I don’t want to hurt you Dallon. I love you, and you’re one of my best friends, but I can’t keep lying to myself.”

“Ryan.” Dallon said, his eyes closing.

“Yes.” I nodded. “I’m so sorry, Dallon, I really am.”

“I’d rather hear it now than later.” Dallon murmured, then opened his eyes and looked at me.

“If it’s any consolation,” I murmured, “it hurt worse to lie to you than to lie to myself.”

He smiled softly, but it didn’t touch his eyes.

I leaned in, and gently kissed him.

“I have to go.” I whispered. Dallon leaned forward, and touched our lips together again, then released me, leaning back.

I grabbed my phone, and ran from the room. I hit the button for the elevator, shifted from foot to foot as I waited.

“Fuck you!” I yelled at the elevator, flinging myself into the stairwell after a few seconds of waiting.

I ran down the stairs as fast as I could, sprinting full out to the parking garage. I ran to Zack’s car that we towed on the back of the bus. We had decided to load it in the morning, rather than before we went to bed, so I threw myself into it. I yanked on my seatbelt, started the car, then realized I had no idea where I was going.

“Fuck!” I yelled, hitting the steering wheel.

Where the hell were we, anyways? I thought back to show. I’d come onto the stage and welcomed the city… what had I said?

Chicago!

We’re in Chicago. But… Ryan lived in Vegas.

I put my head on the steering wheel, banging my head against it.

But what if Ryan moved? Pete lived in Chicago, after all.

I pulled out my phone and dialed for the operator.

“I need the address for George Ross.” I told the lady.

She recited an address that I wrote on my hand, and I threw the phone onto the passenger seat, and sped up. Good thing I knew my way around Chicago, or I would’ve been completely fucked.

I glanced down at the speedometer as I paced a speed limit sign. I was going 90 in a 45 zone. I pushed the pedal down further, and the car inched up over 100.

I was nearly to Ryan’s street, when red and blue lights started flashing behind me.

“Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!” I cried, hitting the steering wheel.

I pulled to the right shoulder, and started crying as I waited for the officer.

“Sir, I need your- Sir?”

“He’s gonna kill himself!” I sobbed, looking up at the officer.

She looked taken aback.

“What?” She asked.

“Ryan!” I sobbed. “He’s gonna kill himself if I don’t get there to stop him!”

“You were going over 100 miles per hour. In a 45 zone.”

“I need to save him!” I cried. “Please just let me help him!” I begged.

“Go ahead.” She said after giving it a moment’s consideration. “In a medical emergency, you can turn on your hazard lights, then go as fast as you need to.” She added, then walked back to her car.

I floored the pedal again, and took off. I couldn’t stop crying. I was terrified that I was going to be too late now, because of the stupid cop.

“I’ll be there in time.” I said out loud, trying to will my hopes into reality. “I can save him.”

I took a sharp turn onto the street the operator had told me, lowering my speed to about 60 now that I was in a residential neighborhood. I screeched to a stop in front of a small, old-fashioned-looking house. Everything about it screamed Ryan’s style. I didn’t bother turning the car off or closing the door. I just ran full-out up to the front door.

“Ryan!” I yelled, banging on the dark wooden door. “Ryan!” I repeated.

There was no answer.

“Ryan, please! Ryan!” I screamed, pounding on the door as hard as I could. I tried the handle, and was baffled to find that it was unlocked.

Because Pete left. Duh.

I ran into the house, finding it exactly as it had been earlier, when I’d been here with Rue. The only difference was the wooden chair in the middle of the room. Ryan was standing on it. The rope was around his neck, and he was facing away from me.

“Ryan, don’t!” I yelled, still sobbing.

He jumped, and spun around. He lost his footing. The chair fell. Ryan slipped.

A/N: I'm so sorry it's been so long since I updated, and then I was bitchy enough to leave you here. So, it's kind of a short chapter, but I'm already working on Chapter Ten, so it should be up soon. Please rate and review! It means a lot to me!

xxAnna
Sign up to rate and review this story