Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Keep It Running

Chapter 4

by sixbucksandadrpepper 0 reviews

Chapter 4

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Parody - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-12-15 - Updated: 2011-12-16 - 1644 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4

(still Emerson's POV)

Gerard pulled his Honda into a pump nearest the store. "You stay in here. I'll start the gas pumping and run in and get us some coffee. And more donuts." He winked and got out of the car. Before he could shut the door, I stopped him.

"Wait, Gee!" He ducked his head back in the car, giving me a cheeky grin. I held my hands out to him and he leaned in further. I took his pale face in my hands and kissed his chapped lips softly. "I love you."

He gave me one of his best smiles and touched my cheek. "I love you too, Em." And then he was gone, wandering over to the small store. I watched as he greeted the attendant with a wave of his hand and then lost sight of him as he disappeared around a shelf. No longer having anyone to watch, I began counting the cars that drove by. One, two, three. The fourth car pulled into the station. Even through the closed windows of Gee's Honda, I could hear the car rattling loudly. I couldn't see the driver, and I frowned as the car pulled to a stop at the curb. I watched as atall man of about twenty five, wearing a hooded black jacket, stepped from the car. He walked with his head down towards the store, not taking any notice of the trucker (who had reentered his truck) or myself. He was starting to make me nervous. There was just something about him... THERE. The man reached into his back pocket and withdrew a shining silver pistol. Oh my god.

And there was Gerard. Stepping from the store holding two cups of steaming coffee and a bag of donuts. Totally oblivious to the dark figure approaching him, holding a gun. Until he was right upon him. I hauled myself over the center consul of the car and manually unlocked the car, opening the door slowly. I had to get out there.

"Stop! Don't move an inch or I'll shoot you dead!" I looked on in horror as the man waved his gun at Gerard. Oh Jesus. Not Gerard. Take me instead.

Gerard regarded the man calmly, even though I knew his insides were in knots. "Let me set this coffee down first, and then I'll hold still. It's burning my hands." I couldn't see the man's face, so I didn't know what his reaction was. Gerard bent at the waist, putting down the coffee cups and the plastic bag. Before he even had a chance to straighten up, the man lunged forward and pushed him up against the wall, covering Gee's mouth with his hand and shoving the gun into his stomach. Gee shut his eyes tight at the blow, doubling over.

"I said not to move, motherfucker!"the man screamed, cocking the gun. I slapped a hand over my mouth, holding back a scream of my own.

"And you!" the man turned the gun to the attendant on the inside of the store. "Don't you dare call the fuzz or I'll kill both of you!"

Gerard squirmed, catching my attention. His eyes met mine, telling me to stay where I was and not get noticed. Telling me everything was okay. Telling me he loved me.

"Don't. Fucking. Move!" the man rammed his gun hard into Gerard's stomach once more, bringing him to his knees. I heard Gee's muffled cry of pain. No. This man was not going to take Gerard from me. No fucking way.

Gerard's POV

Oh god, Emerson, just stay where you are. Please just stay where you are.

My stomach throbbed from the repeated punches that the armed man had delivered. He shoved the gun into my gut, making my gasp for breath. And then I heard her voice.

"Stop it! What do you want from us?"

Emerson had slid from the car and was walking towards us with purpose. No. This man was insane. He would kill us both. I had promised her... I felt the pressure of the man's hands release me and I fell to the ground, sputtering.

"Well, who do we have here?" I looked on helplessly as the man walked towards Em, still pointing the gun behind him at me. Em's eyes flicked to me and I shook my head urgently. I saw her falter, unsure of herself. But it was too late for her to turn back. The man had already reached her.

"What do you want from us?" Em repeated, her voice wavering. The man looked her up and down and licked his lips. I gagged, disgusted. Here he was, checking out my Em while pointing a gun at me. How pleasant, I thought bitterly.

"I want money. From them, anyways. From you, on the other hand..." the man reached out to touch her breast and Em jumped back, outraged.

"The fuck do you think you're doing?First you point a gun at my boyfriend, and then you try and touch me? You are one sick and twisted motherfu-ˮ

"You bitch! Shut up before I kill you!" The man lunged at her, taking her by surprise. He put a hand over her mouth and held onto her from behind, pressing the gun to her temple. He spun her around to face me.

"You haven't taught your girlfriend any manners, have you?" he shouted, addressing me. "I'll teach her! And since she is yours, I'll make you watch as I kill her. Right in fucking front of you! And if you even so much as make asound, you'll be next, fucker!" Em struggled against the man's hold as he slid the hand covering her mouth down around her neck. A sob burst forth from her lips. "Any last words, bitch, before I kill you?" he whispered in her ear. Em raised her eyes to mine, tears streaming down her face.

"Gerard," she gasped. It was hard for her to speak with the arm around her throat. "I love you so much and I wish we could have had more time together. I-ˮ

"That's enough, slut! Say goodbye, Gerard." He spat my name and put his finger on the trigger. I shut my eyes, waiting for the shot, but then I heard the scuffling of feet against the pavement, and Em's shrieks for me. I opened my eyes to see the trucker wrestling with the man, the gun thrown a few feet away. Em was pushed to the ground, and scrambled over to me. That's when we heard the sirens. The police cars surrounded us, leaping from the cars to help the trucker with the madman. Em finally reached me, throwing her arms around my neck.

"Gee! Oh god, I was terrified he was going to kill you!" she sobbed. I pulled her in tight to my chest, stroking her hair.

"Shh, it's over Em, it's okay." She pulled back, her arms still around my neck, tears shining in her blue eyes.

"We have to leave before the cops come and talk to us," she whispered fiercely. I nodded, and scooped her up in my arms, not bothering to grab the long forgotten coffee and donuts. Iunderstood why she wanted to get out of here. She was afraid the cops would recognize her as the runaway girl from Jersey City. That is, if her father had even noticed she was missing.

We jumped into my car just as the police were wrestling the man into a squad car, and we pulled away before they could even turn around.

Emerson's POV

I sat silently in gee's passenger seat, my head in my hands. I was still shaking. I couldn't get the images of the man with the gun out of my mind. Gerard must have noticed, because before long I felt the car glide to a stop on the side of an empty road.

"Emerson?" I could tell he was looking at me, so I raised my head and looked deep into his hazel eyes.

"Yeah?"

"I was thinking that I don't know what I would've done if that bastard would have shot you. I think I would've had to kill him with my bare hands."

I smiled. "I was thinking the same thing," I whispered, and leaned forward slowly, unbuckling my seat belt. Gee leaned in too, his eyes nervously flicking back and forth between my lips and my eyes. When our lips met, I melted into him. Our first real kiss. Damn, I had been waiting for this for so long. Our lips moved against each other, our tongues meeting. As the kiss became more passionate, Gee ran his hands up and down my sides. I sighed happily into the kiss and tangled my hands in his long hair. I began to slide my hands underneath his shirt, but I stopped myself. I couldn't have sex for the first time in a car, even if it was with Gee. I knew he would understand and not expect me to, because he knew that my virginity was the only thing that separated me from the sluts. I hated sluts. I reluctantly pulled my lips away from Gerard's, leaning my forehead against his.

"I can't do it yet. I want my first time to be special," I said in a rush, blushing. Gee smiled and kissed my nose.

"I know. Whenever you're ready," he replied, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm glad you understand," I whispered. The two of us crawled into the backseat and cuddled together to get some sleep. It had been a long day. I rested my head on Gee's chest and he stroked my hair gently.

"Hand in mine, into your icy blues. And then I'd say to you, we could take to the highway..." he sang softly. Idrifted off, a contented smile on my face.







Sign up to rate and review this story