Categories > Original > Romance

Moonlight and Streetlamps

by atomiccola 0 reviews

Sarah has trouble sleeping. Just something small.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-12-17 - Updated: 2011-12-17 - 329 words - Complete

0Unrated
I wrote this a while ago, and decided to put it up. Sorry there hasn't been much GS up, I've been really busy. - Lucy

The gentle hooting of an owl in the distance paired with the soft ticking of a clock was all that could be heard in the dark room, aside from the breath of the two figures in the bed. Distantly a dog barked bringing Sarah to the conclusion that sleep wasn’t an option. She sighed deeply and turned to face the girl next to her, electricity prickling her skin as their hands brushed.

“Why the sigh, sweetpea?” questioned her partner gently.

“Sorry, I didn’t know you were still awake,” countered Sarah. Maya turned to face her girlfriend and connected their hands.

“So you can’t sleep, I’m guessing,” Sarah nodded, only her outline visible in the dull glow of moonlight and street lamps. “Well let’s look at this then. First of all, you’re too far away from me,” Maya smiled as she stated the issue, then again as Sarah shifted closer and draped an arm around her waist protectively.

“This better, doll?” she giggled.

“Much,” Maya paused for a moment, “is something bothering you?” Another sigh escaped Sarah’s lips, answering the question.

“I’m just worried about tomorrow.”

“Why? I’m sure my parents will love you,” Another pause, then, “Because I do.”

“You love me,” She revelled in the words, then leant forward and kissed the smaller woman’s nose.

“That’s not the first time I’ve told you.”

“I know! But Maya baby, it just gets better every time.” She leant in to kiss her other half, and as their lips met Sarah felt sure that everything was going to be okay. More than okay, life with Maya was going to be better than she could ever hope for.

“I love you too,” were her last words as she fell asleep in her girlfriend’s arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story