Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

Chapter 7

by striketoincinerate 6 reviews

This chapter isn't finished yet! I'll be going back to it tonight! xo

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-12-18 - Updated: 2011-12-18 - 641 words - Complete

1Exciting
Oh, and by the way, if I've said earlier in this story that Frank is older or younger than 20 please let me know. I have a feeling I've mentioned his age before but I can't find it in any of the chapters. Thank you! xo


Frank's POV.

Frank's heart was beating so loudly in his chest he was surprised Gerard couldn't hear it. He was alone in an appartment with a murderer. Who was currently in the kitchen making him a coffee. Yep, he definitely had a deathwish.

The appartment was cluttered, but not in a dirty way. Piles of comics, cd's and drawings covered the floor of the living room, while empty mugs and ash trays adorned any empty spaces on the carpet. All in all, the place was pretty normal. There were no dead bodies hanging from the ceiling or prostitutes heads mounted on the wall. At least, as far as Frank could see.

'So,' the voice behind him made him jump slightly. 'I didn't catch your name?'
Frank swallowed hard as he turned to face the man in front of him, now holding two cups of coffee with one extended towards him. 'Um, Frank. Frank Iero.'
'Hmm. Frank. I like it. I'm Gerard.' Frank nodded slightly, taking the mug from Gerard's hand and taking a tentative sip. Gerard laughed slightly. 'Dude, I haven't poisoned it.'
Frank tensed slightly and, praying Gerard hadn't noticed took a bigger mouthful of coffee.
'So, Frank,' Gerard said, collapsing onto the couch and patting the space next to him. 'What age are you?' Frank sat gingerly on the edge of the cushion, removing his zipper with one hand and clutching his coffee in the other. '20.'
Gerard raised his eyebrows. 'No shit.'
Frank wrinkled his nose slightly. 'Yeah, I get that a lot.'

There was a silence. Then, 'What age are you?' Frank didn't even realise he had spoken until the question had left his mouth. '24,' Gerard replied, seeming to have missed Frank tensing up after the question.

The silence fell on the two of them again and Frank gripped his coffee cup tighter to stop his hands from shaking. What was he thinking? He was alone with a murderer and it was his own fault. 'Curiosity killed the cat', whispered a voice inside Frank's head. He bit down on his lip to stop himself from making any accidental noise.

'I'm afraid I'm not very interesting company,' Gerard spoke quietly from the seat next to him. 'I'm not really used to have people over besides family, and I wasn't exactly prepared and to be quite honest I have no idea why I invited you in in the first place but it seemed like a good idea at the time.' Frank knew the words weren't supposed to be harsh -Gerard was just speaking plainly- but it didn't take the sting out of them. Why they stang in the first place, Frank had no idea- surely he should be glad to leave? 'I can go, if you'd like, I'm finished my coffee,' he said, sitting his empty mug back on the table. He turned slightly to see Gerard looking at him with a strange expression on his face, his eyes locked on Frank and staring. When he seemed to register what Frank had said, his eyes widened and he raised his hands. 'I didn't mean it like that man, I'm sorry. That came out wrong.'

With a quiet 'okay' and a tentative smile thrown in Gerard's direction, Frank leaned back into the couch, gazing out of the appartment window and deliberately avoiding eye contact with the man next to him. This had definitely been a mistake.



The next chapter will be longer, promise! Hope you all enjoyed xo
Sign up to rate and review this story