Categories > Original > Romance

I Love You.

by SkreamYourHeartOut 2 reviews

For you.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-12-19 - Updated: 2011-12-19 - 417 words - Complete

0Unrated
I stand underneath this vast night sky and begin to count the stars. I realize I’m surrounded by natural beauty everywhere I look; The beauty of the forest during this time in Summer, where the leaves are their greenest, the beauty of the Sun as it slowly drops below the horizon, as if accepting defeat from its night time opponent.

But then I cast my eyes upon you.

I love you. I love everything about you. I link my arms around your waist and I hold you. You bury your head in my neck and you tell me you love me. I don’t answer you in words, choosing instead to hold you tighter. I stare into your eyes and bask in the green glow that radiates from your irises. I bring your forehead close to mine and we kiss. The kiss is short and sweet, lasting only a second although the passion remains. You bury your head in my neck again and I whisper your name and I tell you that I love you. Those are the three familiar words that you love to hear.

I release your body from my grasp and for a second you seem disappointed. I place my hand in yours and we kiss again, for a little while longer than the first. I watch you look up and gaze in awe at the tiny bright dots in the sky above you. You remind me of a small child in awe at his favourite magic trick, and it’s cute. You yawn and bury your head in my neck once again. I feel your eyelashes brush my skin every time you blink. I slip my hands up your t-shirt and link them around your spine, pulling you tighter. I am here, at this place, at this time and for me, this is bliss.

Whether we’re together or not in five years’ time, we will not forget this moment. This hour of solitude we have for only us to bask in will never leave us. You look at me, and I do the same. Again, we kiss, but something is different. You’re crying. And you’re smiling at me. As I dry the tears from your eyes with my thumbs you tell me you love me. I don’t say anything, instead choosing to wrap my hands around you once more. I don’t say anything, but I know that you know what I’m thinking.

I love you too.
Sign up to rate and review this story