Categories > Cartoons > Futurama

Sailing A-Weight (Part 2)

by Desire24 1 review

What did the prediction Bender gave to Fry and Leela in "Overclockwise" about their future say? Will an opportunity for the Planet Express crew to appear on a game show, participate in a treasure h...

Category: Futurama - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-12-21 - Updated: 2011-12-22 - 2113 words - Complete

1Exciting
「Sailing A-Weight(Part 2)」

Fry and Leela are sitting on the couch at work watching TV. Fry has the remote in his right hand. Leela grabs the remote and tries to pull it out of his hands. They pretend to bite at each other’s hands and heads. Fry pulls back and takes control over the remote again.

Fry: Heeheehee…

The rest of the Planet Express crew joins them in front of the TV.

The TV switches to the next channel showing “Dateline NBC”. The heads of Stone Phillips and Janey Pauley in jars are doing a segment about frozen beverages.

Stone: What do you think of this Tropical Blast, Janey’s head?
Janey: This tastes splendid. Do you agree, Stone’s head?
Stone: Agreed.

During the commercial break, they see a commercial with video clips for a TV game show called “Fair Weather Woman”.

Announcer: Hey, folks! Wanna win an opportunity to meet the hosts of “Fair Weather Woman” and participate in a treasure hunt where you can win money? Send a detailed intro of yourself to the home page.

Fry: I wanna go!
Leela: Me too.
Bender: Same.
Amy: Uh huh.
Hermes: Agreed.
Zoidberg: Yep.
Farnsworth: Yeah.
Scruffy: Yes.

Everyone nods their heads in agreement and return to watching TV.

Fry and Bender are at their apartment, checking Fry’s weight.

Bender: You’re still underweight by a few pounds.
Fry: Seriously?! OK, back to the mall.

Bender: Cinnabon?
Fry: Yeah, I love this place. Their selections are really yummy. Maybe they can get my weight up.
Bender: Only one way to find out.

[An hour later]

Bender: Fry, you did it! You’re at a healthy weight!
Fry: Woo Hoo!

The phone rings. Bender answers it.

Bender: Hello? … Yes, this is the home of Philip J. Fry and Bender Bending Rodriguez. … We’re gonna be on “Fair Weather Woman”?
Fry: Yeah!

Fry and Bender excitingly smile and high-five. Bender writes down the info given to him and puts back the phone.

Bender: Congrats, Fry.
Fry: What for?
Bender: Remember when I was overclocked and I showed you the paper of your future with Leela and it said it’d never be but you’d both find happiness someday with others? Well, the male host of the show watched your video entry. You confessed your love for him and he feels the same way. He wants to be with you always.
Fry: Really? Yay!

The next morning, everyone is at the TV studio. The producer for the show, Ami Onuki, walks outside and calls the Planet Express crew up. She has long wavy brown hair and is wearing a custom loose sleeve black shirt that slides down her shoulder on the left with medium grey “SOCS STAY GOLD SOCS” writing and a 6-pointed lightning bolt in the middle of the last “O”, brownish grey loose sleeve undershirt, spring greenish black tank top, dark ceruleanish grey pants, sea greenish grey socks, and Reebok Insta Pump Fury Black/Citron/Red shoes.

Ami: Right this way.

They all walk inside and line up side by side in front of the light violetish grey coloured table. At the other side of the table are the two hosts of the show and the producer.

The two hosts are Shunsuke Onuki and Tanaka Reina. Reina has straight at the top/wavy at the sides and bottom brown hair and is wearing a white short layered dress, a headband with two bows, belt, and Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hi top black canvas shoes.

"Your text to link...":http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy271/hareonna20/4c501f57_640.jpg

Shunsuke is wearing a light grey shirt, moderate cerulean pants, and black shoes with white laces and greyish gold soles. Shunsuke and Fry slowly took over each other’s entire hearts. Shunsuke starts walking up to Fry, smiling, nervous as can be with his heart pounding. Fry smiles back.

Shunsuke: Hello, I’m Shunsuke, nice to meet you.
Fry: Hello, I’m Fry, nice to meet you.
Shunsuke: I can’t help but fall for you. You’re the most handsome boy I’ve even seen. Would you ever be my friend, the type to marry in the end? Will you go out with me?
Fry: Aw, you’re so sweet. Of course I'll go out with you.

With HAPPY smiles, they wrap their arms around each other, embrace, and have a cute hug with closed eyes.

Leela, Bender, Zoidberg, Farnsworth, Hermes, Amy, and Scruffy: Wooooo~!

The two hugging boys open their eyes, turn to the others, and laugh.

Fry and Shunsuke: Heh, heh!

The Planet Express crew takes a break from their usual schedules to prepare for shooting. They are on the planet Oceanview, now resembling Earth after word spread of its existence.

Everyone is watching Food Network on TV expect for the two boys with short brilliant orange hair in love. Around the bend to the right of the others, Fry and Shunsuke are lying on a moderate amber couch by themselves, snuggling close together, kissing slowly deeper and deeper, making out sweetly, delirium for each other, only in their very light azure boxers with a greyish phthalo blue waistband, already married with brilliant lime green rings after being together for only 5 hours. They have much in common and got along excellent. They express their undying love for each other. A mushy fated perfect timing romance that shall last forever has begun.

Ami: Everyone ready?
Everyone: Yeah.
Ami: Let’s go!
Bender: Heh, heh! Look at Fry and Shunsuke. Get dressed, you loving dorks.

The cameras begin to record.

Shunsuke and Reina are standing side by side with Naka Shigeo and Takahashi Ai, the TV announcers and regulators of the game. Shigeo has short black straight hair and is wearing a moderate lime green jacket, dark greyish cerulean shirt, greyish gold pants, and moderate scarlet shoes with white laces and greyish gold soles. Ai has long wavy brown hair and is wearing a dark greyish sapphire blue denim jacket, lime greenish grey tank top, moderate cerise pants, and black boots.

"Your text to link...":http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy271/hareonna20/tumblr_llgihqiWSr1qhgb3ao1_400.jpg

Shunsuke: Looks like today will be a good show. What do you think?
Reina: Indeed, this should be quite neat.
Shigeo: Today is the “Exploration Treasure Battle”.

Announcer: Today’s guests make an appearance as a group.

Camera pans out to show the Planet Express crew standing in line side by side next to the others.

Shunsuke: It’s the winners of the audition: The Planet Express crew.
Reina: Please treat us well.

Team 1 - Shunsuke, Fry, Bender, Leela, Zoidberg, and Ai
Team 2 - Reina, Amy, Hermes, Farnsworth, Scruffy, and Shigeo

There are treasure chests hidden in a building which can contain a map to the goal. Look for the map relying on hints. Among the treasure chests are cash that’s yours to keep and a hint or a light brilliant red star that causes you to lose all the money acquired. If two star chests are found with no money, there’s a punishment game. The first team to reach the goal wins. The bonus prize for winners is a first-quality meal worth the amount of money acquired.

The two teams enter the separate buildings.

[Team 1]

Hint - Hidden in dark places

Bender: Dark places?
Leela: Wanna try to go downstairs?
Shunsuke: Yeah, let’s start there.

Only 5 seconds after start…

Fry: Ahh, amazing! There is one over there!

Fry points to a light emerald green table where a small box was resting at the top right corner.

Bender: Ohhh, there’s one!
Zoidberg: Amazing!

Leela picks up the box.

Bender: Wonder what’s inside.
Shunsuke: Can you tell?
Fry: Nope.
Bender: No can do.
Leela: Well duh. Should we keep this closed?
Shunsuke: Uh huh.
Bender: Yeah.
Fry: Yes.
Zoidberg: Put it back.

Leela puts it back.

Leela: Way too easy. Let’s go keep looking.

They continue to walk and look around. They enter the next room. Zoidberg finds a box hidden on a very light apple green shelf.

Zoidberg: Look, here’s one!

He hands it to Leela.

Leela: There’s a limit to everything!

She opens the box and finds $50.

Team 1: Yay!

Hint - Gather your courage and reach out your hand

[Team 2]

Hint - Leave it to luck

They begin to look around. Hermes finds a box on top of a light brilliant rose shelf.

Hermes: Here’s one!
Reina: No way!
Amy: We’ll definitely open it!
Farnsworth: Huh, what?!
Hermes: Then you open it, Amy.

He hands over the box.

Amy: I’m opening it.
Reina: Eh, really?! I beg you.

She opens the box and finds $10.

Team 2: Awesome!

Scruffy finds a box at the top left corner on a strong amber table.

Scruffy: There’s one!!

Amy picks up the box.

Farnsworth: But isn’t that a bit suspicious?
Reina: Yeah, he’s right. Eh, you’re gonna open it?!
Amy: Yep!
Reina: No way! Wait, hold on. Let’s think about this.

The box opens and inside is a star.

Team 2: Son of a…

[Team 1]

Bender finds another box behind a white cabinet.

Bender: Shall we?
Leela: Well, the show can’t go on if we continue to worry.
Zoidberg: Yeah.
Fry: True.
Shunsuke: All right.

Bender opens the box and inside is $10.

Team 1: Woot!

Hint - Big place = Yes, Small = No

[Team 2]

Team 2 finds more boxes under a dark opal table and inside a black cylinder with $10 and $50.

Hints - The key is a lock & “car”, “door”, “vending machine” = ?

Reina: Eh, what?
Amy: What do they have in common?
Farnsworth: They’re all automatic.
Reina: Ah, you’re intelligent.
Amy: He’s intelligent, isn’t he?
Scruffy: Amazing!

They continue to explore.

Hermes: Hey, wait a moment!

He finds a big locked up purplish grey box.

Farnsworth: This must be what we have to open at the end.

They find another box behind deep opal drapes containing $100.

Hint - There’s falsehood in the lonely room

They go into a small room and remove a cover where a key is taped to the light chartreuse greenish grey wall. They take the ceriseish grey key and unlock the light brilliant arctic blue seal to the big box. Inside is the map to the goal.

[Team 1]

Leela finds another box resting on the middle of a greyish amaranth table. The box is opened and inside is a star.

Bender: Grrr!
Ai: How regrettable!!!
Fry: I knew it!!!
Shunsuke: I mean, there ain’t no way it’d be lyin’ round here!

They continue to look and find another box between the dark greyish cyan rails of the dark turquoisish grey balcony. Leela opens it and…

Team 1: Waaaaah!

Inside is another star so…

Ai: We’ve prepared this punishment game for you. Pick a card and staple it.

The team each picks up a goldish white card and sea greenish grey stapler.

Ai: Well then, please!

They press down and an electrical discharge surges through the victims.

Shunsuke, Leela, Fry, and Zoidberg: Aaaaah!

The others laugh.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

They find another box with $10 inside a very pale turquoise drawer.

Hint - The truth is on the white board.

Another box is found inside a light brilliant cerulean compartment and opened.

Team 1: Aaaaah!!!

Shunsuke tosses all the hints to the floor in anger.

Fry: Ahh! Here’s one!
Bender: Awesomeness.
Leela: Nice!

He opens the box found behind a luminous vivid yellow cushion and finds $100.

Team 1: Cool!

Hint - Luck exists in the leftovers

They decide to look over the hints again.

Bender: I just noticed. The big place…
Leela: The kitchen.

They find a white board on the brilliant cerulean fridge with a shopping list. Reading off the list...

Zoidberg: Theremin.
Leela: Kiss nori.
Ai: It's seasoned nori, ya know.
Bender: Ha ha ha ha ha!
Leela: Think we’re supposed to erase something.
Zoidberg: Maybe they’ll be something left over.
Bender: That’s right!!
Shunsuke: Here’s an eraser.

Fry picks it up and uses the greyish scarlet eraser to reveal: the chimney.

Bender reaches inside the pale light greyish scarlet chimney and pulls out a box. Inside is the map to the goal.

Both teams race to the goal.

Team 2 enters the moderate turquoise room and finds no one else at the goal.

Team 2 is the WINNER

Out comes Team 1 behind a greyish fuchsia door. They had finished and were standing by for half an hour.

Team 1 is the WINNER

They cheer and high-five with both hands.

Team 1: Yay!
Team 2: Good game.
Team 1: Indeed.

Team 1 receives menus and select exquisite meals totaling $100.
Sign up to rate and review this story