Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > This Is War.

The Sorting Ceremony

by Echelonkid30 1 review

Jared, Shannon and Tomo go to the great Hall to be sorted.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy - Published: 2011-12-24 - Updated: 2011-12-24 - 1213 words

0Unrated
Chelli and Hannah's collaboration. Follow us on Twitter: @ChelliEchelon6277 and @spannermars
Or Tumblr: chelli-echelon-lion and tryandstopmesaveme.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I do not own 30 Seconds To Mars or any of the characters or places mentioned in Harry Potter. I don't know anything about the sexuality of these people/characters. It's all just a bit of fun

After entering the castle, the first years lined up at the bottom of the marble staircase, waiting for Professor McGonagall to lead them into the magnificent Great Hall. When McGonagall arrived, she was wearing emerald green robes, a pointy black hat and square glasses perched on the end of her nose. She was a severe looking woman, who liked order and control; a lot like Tomo's mother. A speech was given about the Sorting Hat and Hogwarts' four houses: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin and how you could be awarded with points or lose points in order to win the House Cup at the end of the year. She concluded, suggesting that they smartened themselves up for the Sorting Ceremony, and left the entrance hall for a moment.
“Good luck then!” Tomo beamed at his new friends.
“Yeah, you too” Shannon replied kindly “Hopefully we're all in the same house”
“Fingers crossed!”

Jared nudged Shannon as McGonagall came back into the high-ceilinged chamber.
“Form a single file line and follow me” she snapped at them. Reluctantly Jared fell into place inbetween Shannon and Tomo and followed the beeline of students through the double doors. The room beyond was breathtaking; the light cane from the thousands and thousands of candles that were floating in mid-air. Above the candles there were swirling clouds of all different shades of blue and purple and dotted with bright stars, making the room seem like it had no ceiling. There were four long tables that stretched the length of the room where the rest of the students were sitting. These tables were set out with intricate golden plates and goblets that glittered from the light of the candles. At the top of the hall there was another long table which seated all of the teachers. Their eyes smiled kindly at the new-comers.
They filed quietly into the Great Hall, the eyes of everyone on them. Some whispered to each other, whereas some where stunned into silence.
McGonagall stopped them in front of the table of teacher's table and stepped forwards to place a wooden stool, on top of which she put a pointed but very shabby and patched wizards hat. The first years looked at it, confused. There was complete silence, then the hat burst to life; the front ripped into two eyes and a mouth.
“When I call your name, sit on the stool and put the hat on your head to be sorted.” she explained.
“Ames, Elizabeth.” was the first of many names to be called out.
A tiny ginger girl scrambled up from the front row so fast she almost knocked over the stool, wanting to get it over with as soon as possible, she rammed the tatty hat onto her orange curls. The hat burst to life on her head; the front folded into two eyes and a mouth.
“Ahh,” it sighed, then thought for a moment “Hufflepuff!” it cried out.
The pupils on the Hufflepuff bench applauded as she rushed forwards to join them.
The nervous first-years names continued being read out, and one by one they went up to sit on the stool and were sorted by the hat.
Eventually it was Jared's turn; he and Shannon shared a nervous look before he took his place on the stool. Shannon smiled reassuringly at him and Jared gulped as he looked out upon the sea of students. The sorting hat smelt musty because it had been used for such a long time. Jared felt like he waited eternity for a decision.
“Hmm... tricky, very tricky” the hat said in his ear, making him flinch “But, oh yes, definitely... Slytherin!” it called out.
Shocked, Shannon watched his brother walk over to the furthest table alone, where he sat to the cheers of his fellow house.
“Leto, Shannon.”
Shannon strode up to the front of the room and sat on the wobbly stool. He looked to Jared, nodded, and placed the hat on his head.
“GRYFFINDOR!” it screamed. Shannon got up and walked over to the furthest table.
He looked miserably at his brother before plastering a fake grin on his face and greeting his new classmates.

After all had been sorted, the young wizards sat on their house's tables with their classmates and students from other years. Albus Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts got up, out of his chair and he had a smile on his face. That was a good start.
"Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts!" He said. "I have a few words before we start the feast. Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."
Then on all four long tables, appeared a magnificent feast, the likes of that Jared had never seen before. He looked up to share the moment with his brother, who had always been by his side. His heart sunk, remembering they had been sorted in to different houses. Disappointed, Jared searched the room for him. He spotted Shannon at the end of the Gryffindor table, laughing with a scruffy-looking boy. Tomo, who had been sorted into Ravenclaw, also looked as if he was getting along well with the people in his house. Jared spooned Pumpkin soup into his bowl dejectedly, feeling as if he were the only one not enjoying himself. He kept taking glances at the mean blonde boy who he had attacked after getting off the train but made sure that he didn't notice.
"I'm Draco Malfoy, by the way." The boy called across the table. "And you are?"
Jared realised that the boy was talking to him then looked up and answered;
"Jared Leto."
"Well, Jared Leto. I wasn't sure you'd be sorted into Slytherin."
"Why not?" Jared asked.
"Only the best wizards are in or were in Slytherin."
Jared didn't know whether to be offended of not, Draco was practically saying that he wasn't a good wizard and he didn't deserve to be in Slytherin.
"But You-Know-Who was in Slytherin.. He's one of the most evil wizards of all time."
"Exactly." Draco smirked.
This worried Jared as maybe everyone in Slytherin was a supporter of You-Know-Who and aspired to be an evil wizard. He had no friends in Slytherin, but Draco was slowly becoming more pleasant, so he carried on eating his mashed potatoes. When he had finished, he looked at all the teachers sat at the table at the very front of the hall. Professor Mcgonagall was the head of Gryffindor, he had already met her. The head of Ravenclaw was Professor Flitwick, a very short man with a big black moustache, wearing a smart suit and a frilly shirt. The head of Hufflepuff was a plump woman, with curly grey hair, wearing frilly green robes. To Jared, she looked like a tree. Finally, the head of Slytherin house was a mysterious looking man; he had long, black, greasy hair, a crooked nose and was wearing black robes, unlike all the other teachers who had their best clothes on.
Sign up to rate and review this story