Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Want You Bad

Chapter 4: Pumped Up Kicks, Part II

by SpazAttack 6 reviews

I walked timidly through the hallways, trying my best not to look anyone in the eye.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-12-24 - Updated: 2011-12-24 - 1083 words

3Original
Heavy shadows gathered in the corners of the dimly lit house. There were people everywhere. Some lurked in the dark hallways, others were sprawled out on the staircase, but most of them sat in the cramped couches. The air was thick with sweat and smoke. The fast-paced guitar riff of a thrash metal song reverberated off the wooden walls.

I walked timidly through the hallways, trying my best not to look anyone in the eye. I stood out pretty badly with my blue jeans and red button-up shirt. Most of the people there wore black and dawned elaborate tattoos and piercings. I felt out of place.

My eyes scanned the room for Caleb, but he was no where to be seen. I bit my lower lip in frustration. I knew I'd have to ask someone for help.

I scanned the room once more, looking for someone that didn't look quite so intimidating.

There was a girl standing off in the corner. She had short, white-blonde hair that fell just below her ears and wore a low-cut grey dress. Her exposed skin was clear of tattoos and her scarlet lips formed a tiny smirk.

I swallowed thickly before going over to her.

"Um, hello," I said quietly.

She glanced at me, her green eyes busily checking me out. "What do you want?" she asked in a heavily accented voice that I couldn't quite place. Boredom was evident in her tone... I guess I'm not her type.

I cleared my throat and asked, "Would you happen to know Caleb Everly?"

She thought about it for a minute before saying, "Oh... you mean the tall one with the black curls," I nodded, mentally rejoicing in the fact that I'd found someone who knew him on the first try.

"Yeah, I've seen him before a couple of times. He's totally hot! Too bad he's with Haylie though, I'd love to have a crack at him."

I nodded once more, "Do you have any idea where he is now?"

"Nah, I haven't seen him tonight. I can't help you..." she said, paying no attention to me anymore as she eyed up some other guy from across the room. I took that as my cue to leave, muttering my thanks before venturing off.

The further I went into the house, the more acrid the smokiness became. But there was also less people around and the music was far less deafening. I decided to bear the fumes and continue my search.

Where the hell is he?

After another 10 minutes of inhalation of secondhand smoke and bumping into tattooed strangers, I gave up. Caleb had somehow been swallowed up and lost in this house and there was no chance of me ever finding him.

I sucked in gulps of clean air as I re-entered the chilly, October night. I was in such a frenzy to get as much oxygen into my lungs as possible that I didn't even notice the scrawny kid stumbling towards me until we collided.

"Ouch," I yelped as I landed on the cold, grassy ground.

The other kid giggled from above me. He'd somehow managed to stay on his feet. "Sssorry d-dude," he slurred his words before extending a hand to help me up. I accepted it and pulled myself to my feet.

The kid was slightly shorter than me and wore large, black rimmed glasses. His grey beanie hid his longish sandy brown hair. I recognized him almost instantly.

"Mikey Way," I said quietly, speaking more to myself than anyone else.

At 14 years old, he was just over 2 years younger than me. We shared an English class and a lunch period. He was also Gerard's younger brother. But other than that, I didn't know very much about him.

"Yeah! That's my name... how'd you know?" he asked with drunken enthusiasm. He reeked of pot and booze.

I had no time to answer him because almost as soon as he finished his sentence he was being grabbed from behind by his collar.

"Michael Way!" Gerard nearly screamed, pulling his younger brother towards him, "What in the FUCK are you doing here? Are you FUCKING INSANE?! Dad is gonna murder you when he hears about this."

Mikey's eyes were bulging out of his skull as he tried to clumsily free himself from Gerard's grip. I watched the brothers with extreme fascination. I'd never seen Gerard so livid before. Even when he cornered me in the back of the school, he didn't seem this angry.

"Oh, shit! I'm so sorry, please don't tell Dad! PLEASE," Mikey had sobered up quick. His voice was now clear and desperate.

"You can bet your ass I'm telling Dad. I told you not to come here again. You make me drive over an hour just so I can..." Gerard's sentence promptly died on his lips as his gaze fell upon me. We locked eyes for several breathless seconds before he returned to yelling at Mikey.

"Please Gee. I'll never come back here again. I promise. Just don't tell Mom and Dad," Mikey begged.

Gerard seemed quite disinterested at this point. A striking contrast to the simmering anger he displayed only minutes before.

"Whatever. Just go get in the car, Mikes," He said. Mikey wasted no time, running over to the car as soon as he was released. As Gerard stared after his younger brother, I had a feeling he never intended to tell their parents about this in the first place.

He turned and looked at me, hazel eyes glimmering slightly. I felt my insides tremble. It seemed like he was just about to say something when Caleb appeared beside me.

"We have to go, now," Caleb whispered quietly into my ear, wrapping his icy fingers around my wrist and pulling me off in the direction of his car.

"What? What's going on?" I asked him.

"Nothing... we just have to go," He let go of my hand as soon as we reached his red Toyota.

I glanced back at the house to find that Gerard had long gone.


***

A/N: Merry Christmas everyone!

Hope ya liked it. This chapter was a blast to write.

Oh, and if you haven't figured it out already, Frank is a quite a square kid in this fic. No tattoos or piercings. He dresses smart and whatnot. And he's taller than Mikey. Ha, ha, we're breaking all the rules in this one.

P.S - There probably won't be another update until after New Years.

x Blower
Sign up to rate and review this story