Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Don't Leave Me Alone

by XsadX 6 reviews

How do you say goodbye to someone you'll never see again? (Oneshot)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-12-29 - Updated: 2011-12-29 - 1161 words

4Moving
Okay, so I'm starting over on my Fuckwad account. Here's a sad oneshot. I hope you like it.

Disclaimer: Don't own. Don't know. 100% fiction.

That one sentence hung in the air like a foul odor you can't get rid of.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Way. The cancer is back. It's spread to your brain this time. It's terminal.", The doctor said. Gerard just nodded. How was he going to tell Lindsey? Mikey?

"How long do I have?", He cleared his throat and bit back the tears.

"Three weeks. Maybe four.", His doctor answered before exiting the room. Three weeks left on this earth with the ones he loved. If fate was feeling nice, four. The thought of dying didn't scare him. Not at all. No, it was leaving his wife and brother. Watching their hearts break knowing he was the reason why and he couldn't stop it. He felt his heart rip apart. It was the worst pain of his life. He grabbed his coat and left the hospital. A slight drizzle fit his mood perfectly. Like the earth was feeling the pain he felt. He didn't bother protecting himself from the rain. His raven black hair stuck against his pale skin as the rain fell on him. Gerard got in his car, but he didn't start it. He stared into his hazel-green eyes in the rear view mirror. The only emotion reflected in them was pain. He laid his head against the steering wheel and exhaled. It was all crashing down on him. He wanted to curl up and never move. Lindsey wouldn't let him do that. She would support him until the end. Make him enjoy his time. Mikey would stay by his side and be the big brother in this scenario. Gerard sighed and pulled himself together. He wouldn't mope around. He was going to be strong. For Mikey, for Lindsey, and for himself. He turned the key bringing his Trans Am to life. On the drive home he thought of how he would tell his wife and brother. No matter how you say it the words still drove a blade into your heart. He parked in the drive way looking at his house. Mikey would be waiting inside with Lindsey. They would try to look calm, but he knew they were stressed. Putting it off wasn't going to help. He made the longest walk of his life up to the door. Gerard opened the door and stepped in.

"I'm back.", He called out. He removed his jacket and went into the living room. Lindsey stood up when she saw him. He could read her thoughts clearly. The questions she wanted to ask swam in her brown eyes. Mikey came in from the hallway. He looked at his older brother with concern.

"What did the doctor say?", Mikey asked the question Lindsey couldn't. Gerard took a deep breath.

"It's not good. The cancer is back. It's spread to my brain. It's terminal.", He closed his eyes unable to look at their pain stricken faces. Lindsey choked back a sob. Mikey exhaled sharply as if someone had punched him in the abdomen. He wished they had. It would've been less painful than this.

"H-how long d-do yo-you h-have?", Tears ran down Mrs. Way's face.

"Three, maybe four, weeks.", Gerard opened his eyes. He wished he could take away their pain. He walked over to his wife and wrapped his arms around her. She felt as though he was trying to keep her from falling apart. She clutched on to his shirt and buried her face in his cotton covered chest. Mikey fell to his knees. He couldn't lose his big brother. What was he going to do without him?

"Please don't leave me, Gee.", Lindsey whispered to her husband.

"I'll always be with you.", He kissed her sofly.

Three weeks had passed and Gerard had began feeling weaker. He just didn't have the strength to leave his bed today. Mikey entered his room trying to force a smile.

"How are you feeling?", He sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I'm okay. Just tired.", The older brother didn't want to worry his sibling.

"Be honest with me, Gerard.", Mikey gave him a stern look.

"I'm a little weak, but it's okay.", Truthfully, it wasn't okay. He cheeks were suken in. Dark circles appeared around his eyes. His skin was paler and he had lost a lot of weight.

"This isn't fair. You don't deserve this.", The younger Way's voice shook as he tried to fight his tears. By now you'd think he'd be out of them, but somehow more came.

"No one deserves this, Mikes. All we can do is be strong and enjoy the time we have.", Gerard said.

"I'm just going to miss you. So. Much.", You could hear Mikey's heartbreak with every word he spoke.

"I'm going to miss you too, bro. The thought of leaving you hurts me more than anything.", He told his younger brother.

"Do you want anything?", He asked. Gerard shook his head.

"Can you just get Lindsey for me?", He knew the end was coming. Mikey nodded and exited the room. Lindsey appeared a minute later. Her tear stained face broke Gerard's heart.

"Hey.", He smiled slightly.

"Hey. How are you?", Worry was clear in her voice.

"Better now that you're here.", He felt better as a genuine smile appeared on his beautiful wife's face.

"What am I going to do without you?", She sniffled.

"You'll never be without me. Even if you can't see me, I'll be here.", Gerard kissed her.

"I love you, Gee.", She couldn't hold back the tears any longer.

"I love you too. Never forget that.", His voice was barely a whisper. Lindsey knew he was struggling to hold on.

"I won't. You can let go now.", She told him. He gave her one last smile before closing his eyes. Lindsey felt his hand go limp in her's. She collapsed beside her husband's lifeless body. A pain filled scream ripped out from her throat. Mikey rushed in and knew what had happened. Fate hadn't been feeling nice. Gerard's three weeks were up. Thunder boomed outside. Dark clouds mourned with Lindsey and Mikey.

Friends and family gathered for the funeral of Gerard Way. It was held in a cemetery. Rain poured down on them. Perfect weather for a melancholy day. The service was filled with prayer, speeches, and sad songs. Any that attempted to be happy failed miserably. Then came the worst part. Watching them lower his coffin into the ground. Lindsey watched them bury half of her heart that day. Mikey wished it was him instead of Gerard. Even in the cold temprature Lindsey and Mikey felt the same warmth. They knew it was Gerard letting them know he was still with them and he would never leave.

The End

Let me know what you think. Rate & review, my dears. :) Feedback is greatly appreciated.
XO,
S
Sign up to rate and review this story