Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Finding Jared

Chapter Fourteen

by echeloncookie 1 review

Jared feels guilty about pushing Shannon and Skyla together; Shannon and Skyla spend more and more time together. Shannon tells Skyla that they will be going back to the States in two days.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2012-01-03 - Updated: 2012-01-03 - 1285 words - Complete

1Moving
FINDING JARED

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Jared heaved a huge sigh; he had ultimately pushed Skyla and his brother into each others arms just by having her with him. He felt utterly humiliated by even having feelings for her that he couldn't understand. Hot tears escaped from his eyes.

"No, I am NOT going to cry!" he told himself fiercely. He was watching television, and had to get up after a commercial to go get some water. He clutched the glass tightly, wondering what they could possibly be doing. His temp phone buzzed loudly in his pocket.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Hey! Where are you?" a breathless Skyla asked him; he was yawning and felt drained of energy. He held his phone up to his ear and listened to Skyla talking endlessly. Skyla was halfway to his room from her escapade with Shannon the night before when Jared had to cut her off.

"Skyla, I'm super tired. Can you come up in a few hours?" he asked her.

"Sure. See you then," she told him. He heard a faint -click- and hung up. He laid back down for a few hours; Skyla drifted in and out of his dreams.

"Wonder what's wrong with Jared?" she asked herself. She walked down the hall to the elevators and pressed the button to go down; after descending four flights she found herself on Shannon's floor again. She texted him.

"What're you doing? :\," she sent him. About five minutes later he replied back.

"Nothing. You know that ;)," he replied. She was sitting by his hotel room door, and of course she knew he was doing nothing.

"Jared wants to rest, so I had to leave him alone." Skyla felt guilty telling Shannon that; but he'd let her in anyway, right?

"I have no problem with you coming in!" Shannon texted her; the door to his room flew open. "Well? What're you waiting for?" he asked her expectantly.

"Nothing," she said shyly. She walked in and flopped on Shannon's bed; he sat down beside her.

"What's wrong?" he asked her.

"Nothing," she lied. She was full of lies nowadays. She sat crosslegged and tore up pieces of newspaper. Shannon put his arms around her.

"You're lying," he said quietly. He gave her a small hug. "It's okay; you can tell me anything," he whispered to her.

She rubbed his arm. "Thanks."

He looked at her expectantly. "Well?"

She sighed. "I went to see Jared, but he didn't want to talk to me right now," she told Shannon. "He told me to come back in a few hours."

"Well just wait here; he'll be up sooner than you think," Shannon told her.

"Okay..." she told him. But instead of doing what she was told and waiting, she texted Jared.

Jared was laying on his bed in his room when Skyla texted him. "What are you doing?"

"Just laying here," he replied. "Why what's up?"

Skyla thought for a minute. She didn't want to tell him what happened between her and Shannon the night before, but if she didn't, he'd grow even more jealous.

"Just wondering if you're ok," she lied. He'd find out sooner or later, and she was hoping it would be later.

"I will be," he texted her. Skyla felt a huge pang of guilt overwhelm her.

While Shannon was in the shower, she ran upstairs to the eighth floor to check on Jared. When he opened the door, the first question she asked him was, "Are you sure you're gonna be okay?"

"Yes." Jared turned away from the door and walked back to his bed. Skyla followed him. As he reached his bed, he turned and looked back at her. "What, no sexcapades with my brother tonight?"

Skyla stopped; she felt as if her stomach fell the eight floors to the lobby. Her whole body felt as if she was dumped in ice. Jared didn't say anything more after that; she was thankful for it because if he did she would've started crying on the spot. She tried to leave but found she couldn't. She burst into tears.

"I'm sorry..." Jared told her; he genuinely meant it. He tried to put his arms around her.

"Get away from me!" she told him fiercely. She ran out of the room.

Jared watched her go with a pain in his heart. He had just pushed her into Shannon's arms - again.

Shannon was eating a bowl of cereal when Skyla knocked on the door. He let her in.

"What's wrong?" he asked her as she flopped on his bed and burst into tears. He forgot his cereal and went and wrapped her in his arms.

"It's all stupid!" she sobbed. Shannon had no idea what she was talking about but he kept holding her anyway; her sobs became quiet after five minutes.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" he asked her quietly.

Skyla sighed and moved her face around so that she could look at him. "I went to see Jared, and he somehow knew about what happened between us last night," Skyla explained.

Shannon gripped her tightly. "Oh, boy. And what else?" he said.

"He wanted to know if we were going to have any 'sexcapades' tonight," Skyla finished. Her voice was shaky.

Shannon was outraged. He let go of Skyla. "Lay down for a bit, okay? I'll be back," he told her as he kissed her hand.

"Promise?" she asked him. He looked at her and kissed her on the top of her head.

"I promise." He left.

Skyla laid down. She was asleep for about thirty minutes when Shannon texted her: "Jared says sorry, and he didn't mean it. We're gonna leave in two days."

Skyla sighed and went back to sleep.

Four floors above, on the eighth floor, Shannon and Jared were arguing.

"I can't believe you asked Skyla that!" Shannon yelled at Jared.

"Of course I did! And I know you guys had sex too, are you gonna sue me for finding out?" Jared yelled back.

Shannon gritted his teeth. "She is downstairs crying because of what you said."

"She cried when I first said it," Jared admitted.

"And what kind of reaction did that trigger out of you?" Shannon asked him.

"I told her sorry, but she ran. Apparently, she ran to you." Jared hung his head in shame.

"Exactly. Now I'm going back to check on her, if you don't mind," Shannon told him.

Shannon left and took the elevator back down to the fourth floor. He found Skyla asleep on his bed. He went over and checked on her; he found streaks on her face from where she had been crying. He wiped them away and laid down beside her, wrapping his arms around her. He heard her softly crying.

"It'll be okay," he told her. He pulled her up and wrapped her in a bear hug.

Skyla leaned her head on his shoulder. Shannon ran his fingers through her hair. "You'll be okay; we'll go back to the States and you'll be okay," he comforted her.

Skyla hugged him back. How could she not feel anything for him?

Shannon pulled away quickly and stood up. "I'll be back," he told her. "I'm gonna go call Tomo."

She watched him leave and didn't argue. She was going to wait until he got back before she did anything else.

"Okay," he said about five minutes later. "Tomo is going to get Vicki and Emma ready to leave, and then we'll leave." Shannon laid down beside her on the bed and put his arms around her. "You'll be okay. We'll be okay. Don't worry," he said firmly.

Skyla believed him. She truly did.
Sign up to rate and review this story