Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A History of Violence

2-Flight of the Dragon

by carlac_80 1 review

AB/HP Crossover. Post KD & Post OOTP. Draco has been given his task by Voldemort and is left little choice until Narcissa pulls in a family favor.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Fantasy, Humor - Characters: Draco, Harry, Hermione, Other - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-06-22 - Updated: 2006-06-22 - 1175 words

1Boring
Chapter 2: Flight of the Dragon

I'm still trying to trace all the events that lead up to me finding myself two days later in the middle of London's Heathrow International Airport looking like a long lost relative of the Weasley's, just better dressed. As I ran my hand through my magically red hair I looked upon my mother who was sporting the same shade. Despite all the maneuverings we've been undertaking these last two days, she looked more alive and younger than she had in years. I hadn't seen her look this alive and happy since I was eight. I couldn't help but smile at the site.

A booming voice came out of nowhere. "Calling all passengers for flight 426 from London, England to Lambert-St. Louis International. Boarding all passengers for flight 426 for St. Louis Missouri of the United States."

It was now show time. I am no longer Draco Malfoy, but Matthew Willis, a 17 year old college freshmen about to begin his first year at Washington University in St. Louis. Emma Willis, my beautiful and proud mother stands upon hearing the boarding call and puts her hands on my shoulders looking me straight in the eye. "If nothing else, I want you to know that I am proud of you and that I do love you. Go and enjoy all that they have to offer over there in addition to education and training Matt." With a smirk she leaned towards my ear added, "And I do mean everything from brooms, to cars, and even girls. Don't let anything hold you back. Not even blood. We all came into this world the same way and for the most part, we all going to go out the same whether it be a spell, a knife, or a stopping of the heart. Try to have fun and live. If not for yourself, then for me." Pulling back she gave me a once over, "Make sure you tell Drake the same message."

Those words brought home the fact that I probably wouldn't be seeing my mother until the war began or when the war ended. I had no clue what she was going to do; she just said she was going to be okay and had plans in motion. However, it still didn't quench the feeling that I was leaving my mother at the mercy of a madman, possibly two. Who knows whether Azkaban had the power to make father more demented than he already is? There was no way I could leave without voicing my concern once again. "Mum. Are you sure? You could leave with me and be just as protected? We could-"

She cut me off, her tone slightly harsh. "And what? Let the ministry or the scaly one take all that the Malfoy's have to offer. I may and may not be many things, but the neither of those two tails of asses will ever see that fortune." She softened her tone and pulled me into a hug. "I know you're worried, but I can assure you I will be fine. I'm not a Slytherin for my looks you know." Pulling back, she started dragging me towards the gate. "You will be hearing from me sooner than you would think. And tell the little sleazebag I said hi." She ended with a smirk as I handed my ticket to the gate attendant. Okay...I wasn't going to even try to decipher that one. Last time I heard that was a muggle insult, I just couldn't remember where I heard it from.

Finally settling down in my seat waiting for the plane to take off, I wondered why our American contact was so adamant about not taking a portkey when it would have been much simpler, much faster and less expensive, not like that was a problem for us anyway. He just said it was too risky and it would have sparked suspicion since there did exist aurors who could see through magical charms. It would have lead to a series of questions I didn't want answered. Why is the Malfoy heir traveling two weeks before school begins and why under glamour? It could have found its way into the ministry or the Prophet, which would have eventually lead to Voldemort, the last thing I needed.

So I yielded and decided to use it as a learning experience. Over the last few days, mother had told me a lot about muggles, since I didn't have that much contact with them obviously. It wasn't much of a surprise that much of it differed from what father had said. Anyways it wasn't like I totally believed everything he said anyways. It was more of a Just nod, smile, and nobody gets hurt relationship with him only without the smile. Malfoy's do not smile; we smirk or something like that. Anyways, if I had any semblance of belief in that notion, it was crushed the moment I met Granger. Lucius stated she was the disgusting exception to the rule. However, looking around this plane I knew other wise.

The framework actually began with our American contact who happened to be my cousin whom I thought was long ago dead. Alex. I was beyond shocked when mother told me she had been in contact with him for the last ten years. Alex. My favorite cousin because he was the only cousin I used to see at that time. For as I long as could remember back, I remembered him being there. Eleven years my elder, Alex was who I wanted to be bordering on the older brother I never had and an accepting father figure. He was the first one to take me flying, the first to teach me recreational spells, and the first male companion to talk about muggles without any bit of scorn. Most importantly, he along with mum allowed me time just be myself and just exist without the oppressive standards of being a Malfoy, pureblood, and rich. He lived with father, mum, and I at the manor until I was almost seven years old and he suddenly disappeared leaving mother and I alone with him. When I asked about him, I was told quite bluntly by father that he was dead. Not only was I terribly disturbed by this, it left a lot of questions open for me that I couldn't get answered in fear of negative retribution from Lucius. Lucius. Adding injury to insult, almost around the time Alex disappeared Lucius's rein of terror began which, primarily consisted of killing the spirit of vivaciousness that I recently found existed in my mother and the physical and psychological warfare waged against me beginning at the age of seven in hopes of not just getting an acceptable heir, but an acceptable clone. Nothing was the same again and with the exception of my mother, I felt truly alone. Now finding out that there are three Malfoy males remaining rather than two again brings another stream of questions, most importantly, what can this Malfoy do to help me.
Sign up to rate and review this story