Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love in the Weirdest of Places

Ah, explanations

by MuzicAddict 1 review

You can't just say a dog died and sound casual, that's not cool man.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-01-09 - Updated: 2012-02-15 - 2328 words

0Unrated
Frank shrunk in the sheets, pretty sure they would swallow him because this bed was massive and the sheets to the bed were massive, when the door opened and two men walked in slowly. One was quite tall and had this weird, but Frank decided awesome, fro going on. He had a big toothy grin, his teeth were white and he had the sharpest canine teeth. Despite the sharp canine teeth seemed nice, really nice, compared to the man beside him. That man was average height, built like a mountain, blond hair, blue eyes were piercing and his teeth were clicking at the lip ring looped in his lip. He looked like he was ready to kill if the smallest thing, like a fly, set him off, and that was partially the reason why he was shrinking back in the bed. The two stopped at the end of the bed, watching and scrutinizing Frank.

"Hi," the taller man greeted after a moment. Frank didn't greet them back; too scared, "We're glad to see that you're awake." Frank took notice of how cheery and happy this guy was, not that it was a bad thing to be cheery, but he didn't know him. For all Frank knew the man could be off his rocker and bipolar, ready to strike Frank if he said the wrong thing. Oh god... Frank wrung the sheets nervously in his hands.

Silence filled the room when the taller man's greeting tapered off and smiled. The blond beside him didn't speak, but Frank watched as his eyes roamed over his neck as if he were taking notes. Frank covered his neck with a tattooed hand and stared wide-eyed at the two men. But the taller man spoke up again.

A moment passed until Ray wondered, "I'm sorry, what's your name? We never caught it since you were...?"

"Frank."

"Well... Frank, I'm Ray and this is Bob. And it's nice to see that your uh, neck is healing okay." Ray said sincerely.

"Thanks..." He nodded. Ray... the name sounded so familiar, well it wasn't an unusual name to name a kid. But he swear he's heard as of late, and not just now. Frank decided to think about that later, "I don't mean to sound rude, but what the hell am I doing here and how did my neck get this way?"

“Well... Ray and I, we saw you being attacked. We couldn't get you before, you know, he did whatever he did to your neck, but we did stop him from probably tearing it wide open.” Bob spoke, he shuddered. Yeah, well imagining his neck ripped open wasn't quite appealing to Frank either.

“Thanks, you guys didn't have to do that...”

“Hell yes we did,” Bob interrupted with fire in his eyes, “We couldn't leave you in the arms of a killer. What kind of people would we be if we did that... fucking sick that's what...” That fire didn't die and it kind of made Frank wonder what the blond man was thinking. The man's voice sounded hurt and his face set to stone; scary. The fire only diminished when Ray gave a soft nudge, looking sympathetic and apologetic. Calmer now, Bob cleared his throat, “Anyways, if we had we would have turned the other we would have had as much to do it as that fucker.”

“Thanks... again.” Silence followed, and Frank felt grateful. He coughed slightly, having forgotten how parched he was and now he was really starting to notice.

“Do you need something to drink?” Bob asked.

“Uh, water would be nice.”Bob nodded and left the room. When Bob's footsteps were echoing down the hallway Frank chose to turn to Ray, who smiled politely. Frank's eyes narrowed, because he's heard that name before. And it wasn't because it wasn't an unusual name, like he thought before, but he could have swore he's heard it just recently. He tried to remember it coming up in a conversation or someone at his work named Ray, but no, that's not where he could have heard it from.

A furrow formed between the smaller man's brows and Ray's smile slowly vanished, those big chocolate eyes boring into him like something fierce. It was a little uncomfortable, and he averted his gaze else where.

“Uh...” Ray began, but Frank cut him off.

“Do you guys like... have a dog?”

“Huh?”

“A dog. Do you guys have one?” Frank quirked a suspicious-looking eyebrow.

“Yes...?” Ray didn't sound sure.

But he proceeded to carry on anyway, “What's its name?”

Ray looked uncomfortable, his eyes were looking everywhere but Frank's. He hesitantly opened his mouth to say something, but Bob entered the room again, carrying a tall glass of water with ice cubes bobbing around. The blond man smiled kindly as he handed the water to the parched Frank, who thanked him quietly, and stepped back to stand beside Ray. Bob glanced at Ray for a moment then frowned, taking in the sight of tall brunette choking on his words. Bob gave him a curious look. Ray's eyes darted towards Frank, gulping down the water appreciatively, before then came back to Bob's, and the man still didn't seem to understand.

Frank gulped down half of the glass of water. It wet his throat but it oddly didn't satisfy him like he thought a glass of cool water should have. No matter. “So uh...” Ray and Bob stopped their silent exchange to look at Frank, “Do you guys have a dog by any chance?”

Bob's eyes flickered over to Ray, the man meeting his gaze in alarm, letting him know silently that this was what was upsetting him. Bob didn't really understand how asking about a dog could be so upsetting. Bob's eyes turned back to small man, “Why do you ask?”

“Well it's just that... before I blacked out, I saw this dog—this fucking huge dog I should say, going after my attacker. I think he even killed him, and his owner, who sounded a lot like you, Bob, called him Ray...” Frank tried to sound casual, his eyes looking up innocently to the two men at the foot of his bed.

Bob stilled, those blue eyes going wide.“Yeah... you're right...”

“So you have a dog named Ray?”

“Yeah...”

“But your name is Ray, too." Frank reminded.

“Yeah, I know.” Ray gulped audibly.

“Why would you name a dog after yourself?” Frank pushed.

“I didn't... we found him. Poor guy was roaming the streets, he had a collar on him, his name was Ray too. We thought it was funny, so we put up signs to try and find his owner. His owner was a no show and we took him in.” Ray laughed nervously. Bob threw him an impressed look.

“I see...” Frank rubbed his fingers on the sides of the sweating glasses, making small drops form with other drops. That made sense. Ray and Bob sighed. Bob looked like he was ready to give Ray a high five right there until Frank said, “Can I see him?”

“Huh?” Was all that Ray could say.

“You can't.” Bob said a little to quickly.

“Why not?”

“Because, because he... died...?”

“What?” Frank's eyes widened.

“Yeah, all that excitement from last night caught up with him—he was kind of old, we've had him for a good few years—and well he just kicked the bucket...” Bob brought his hand up to scratch at his scruffy beard, as if to sound casual. But who the hell could be casual when their pet just died? Frank frowned.

“Shit, dude... I'm sorry and I didn't mean for your dog to die,” Frank dropped his eyes to glass. He felt bad, being a dog person after all, he felt bad that he caused an untimely death to an innocent animal. An innocent animal that saved his fucking life; he felt really bad.

Ray elbowed Bob hard in the ribs, “He's not dead.” Seeing the sudden change in Frank's mood made him feel guilty.

“Then why did you say that?” Frank looked up to Bob, and then Bob felt bad.

“Because he can be a dick some times, for no apparent reason.” Ray hissed.

“Then... he's okay?”

“Totally fine.”

“Can I see him then?”

“No.” Bob said quickly, again, and mentally scolded himself.

“Why not?”

Bob looked like he was going to explode. “Because... BECAUSE... Agh! Fuck! I can't do this!” And in a way, he kind of did.

Frank was taken aback, he shrunk back, “Do... what?”

“Lie!”

“So your dog really is dead?” And Frank felt bad all over again.

“No! No, he... isn't, well, I mean...” Bob was fumbling over his words and it was hard for Frank to understand what he was saying. Frank cocked his head to the side. “Shit, Ray,” the blond groaned, clearly distressed.

Ray nodded.

Bob brought both of his hands up to his head, bringing them down slowly over his face, “Okay look... that night, when you were attacked, a dog did save you, but he wasn't a dog, he was more of a wolf...” He hands were gesturing wildly, hoping Frank was getting it. The look on the small man's face suggested that he was even more confused. Bob sighed and dropped his hands, “Ray's a werewolf.”

It was blunt and it was so unexpected that it took a moment for it to set in for Frank. When he finally registered what the blue-eyed man had said Frank gaped.

Wait... what? Frank's eyes widened. Ray was as equally shocked, like he didn't know himself and he was just now being told. He opened and closed his mouth until he found something to say, which was “Bob!” In a high-pitched squeak.

“Well did you want me to keep lying to him? He look like he was going to have a break down when I said a dog died!”

“But... you didn't have to... what the FUCK!” Ray all but screeched.

“I don't understand,” Frank muttered.

“What's not to understand? The dog-- the wolf, I mean, that saved you that night, was Ray. He attacked the guy and yes he did kill him to answer your question from earlier.”

Ray rubbed his neck, and his face paled, “Can we not talk about that...”

“Sorry...” Bob mumbled.

Frank shook his head from the bed. Vampires and now werewolves? These guys were of their rockers, probably messing with Frank. The guy that attacked him could have easily been a cannibal, because they still exist, and decided that Frank's neck looked like something he could eat. “You guys are fucking crazy.”

“We're telling the truth though,” Bob insisted.

Frank forgot the glass in his lap and crossed his arms, glaring accusingly at the two men at the foot of his bed, “Well... prove it.”

Bob choked and Ray looked like he wanted to disappear--his hair probably could have helped him. They exchanged quick expressions and glances. From what Frank could see they looked like they were arguing. Frank cleared his throat. Ray and Bob were torn from the silent exchange to look at the small man on the bed.

“Go on. Prove it, if you can.” Frank challenged.

Bob dragged his gaze from Frank and to his curly head friend, who looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here; Bob felt his pain. “Ray.” His throat became suddenly dry, and it cracked.

“I... I can't...” Ray stammered.

“Because you can't.” Frank hissed.

Ray glanced up to Frank, his eyes boring and angry, and he looked at Bob to his side. Bob's blue eyes were a bit pleading. Ray closed his eyes, “Alright,” he breathed and let a familiar tingle take over his body. He let it start from his head and down to his toes, dropping down to all fours.

Frank's jaw, if it wasn't suppose to be attached to his head, would have unhinged and fell into his glass of water, because, holy shit. He watched the man, Ray, transform from a man into a wolf, right in front of his very own fucking eyes. He's seen it in movies, and they were pretty shitty transformations. Granted this one wasn't to spectacular, all he was doing was just standing there then dropping to all fours, but holy shit. Right. In. Front. Of. His. Fucking. Eyes.

When Ray had fully transformed, he just stayed on all fours, peering over the foot of the bed to look at Frank. His black T-shirt and jeans were hanging off him in a funny way, but Frank wasn't really thinking funny. He was shaking and he felt faint.

“Frank? Frank?” Bob's voice seemed to be yards away instead of at the foot of the bed. Frank blacked out. Bob rushed over to the side of the bed, “Ah shit... guess he just couldn't handle it.” He shrugged.

Ray changed back, “That's not funny.”

“I didn't mean it to be funny.”

“...well, what are we going to do now?”

Bob shrugged. “I guess, we're going to have to wait until he comes to again, then explain... more in detail this time.”

“Should we tell him about...?” Ray bit his lip.

“We're going too, and this time, let's have Mikey in here to explain things. Because I don't know about you, but I think we do a shit job of explaining things.”

Ray let out a shaky laugh, “Well this is our first time,” he moved over and grabbed the glass of water, that thankfully didn't spill, and sat it on the night stand. He gently situated Frank's head back on to the pillows instead of it leaning against the headrest and pulled the covers up around him. "I mean we've never explained something like this to anyone before."

“True.”

They stayed a little longer, watching Frank to make sure he was still breathing, before they turned heel and walked out of the door. Going around the house to locate Mikey.
Sign up to rate and review this story