Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Redemption: Second Chances

Stars and Sky

by Master_Of_Disaster 0 reviews

Harry Potter was abused ever since he was sent to the Dursleys. But one day, an elven angel that has been watching over him secretly, comes and wisks him away to live with her and her clan. How wil...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-06-22 - Updated: 2006-06-23 - 684 words

-1MarySue
Disclaimer: I own the Harry Potter series as much as I own Mars- which is not at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHAPTER 2: Stars and Sky

Harry sat quietly on the park swing, gazing up at the bright, diamond-like stars that littered the otherwise dark sky.

He wished that he was one of those stars. Then he could help make the sky even more beautiful, and he would be away from this place...

As he mused in the swing, that swayed slightly in the light breeze, he suddenly noticed a figure shrouded in darkness; watching him with a bright intensity.

Normally, he would jumped from the swing, and back away fearfully. But somehow, the stranger's presance was... calming. Safe. So instead of running away, he simply watched as the figure steped into the silvery moonlight.

It was a girl that looked hardly older then 16. She had light brown hair with streeks the color of the sun running threw it. Her lightly tanned skin glowed in the moonlight, as did her sky blue eyes. She was dressed in a long gown matching her eye color perfectly, with silver braclets glimmering at her wrists, and a silver and blue necklace at her throat. Harry didn't know how he could tell, but there was something not... human... about this girl.

She smiled as she stopped in front of him, and spoke softly. "Are you alright?"

"I-I'm f-fine," Harry stuttered. He watched as she took a seat on the swing next to his, her eyes never leaving him.

After a minute of silence, Harry blurted out, "Wha- who are you?" He flushed in embarassment, and looked down again.

She chuckled slightly, and he looked up again. "My name is Skyler. As to what I am, I am a half angel, half elf." To prove the point, she flexed two powerful-looking silver wings, before tucking them away again.

Whatever Harry expected her to say, it was not this. He stared hard at her, noteing that her eyes portrayed amusement. "W-What!"

She stood from her swing, and observed him from her hight advantage. "Harry Potter, I have watched you struggle threw your younger years with much sympathy. I helped and assisted when I could, but I dare not approach you until you reached sufficient age. I wish to take you away from here. To live with me amoung my clan.

"I know this is much to take in, but we must leave now if you wish to go. I know that your family has hurt you bolth emotionally and physiclly, and I wish for you to live out your remaining childhood in happiness." She paused to take a deep breath, and continued. "What do you think?"

Harry was in shock. That wasn't real. There was no such thing as magic! But here he was, being given a second chance at happiness by a magical creature that had been his gardian when things got to ruff.

Now that he thought about it, he could remember strange things happening that helped him when he was feeling particularly strong emotions. Should he go with her?

The answer was rather obvious. There was nothing he was going to miss at Privet Drive. And as long as he could see the stars every night, he was going to be happy.

"I would love to go with you, Skyler," Harry responded, hugging his rescuer as tightly as he could, afraid that she would disapear if he let go.

She smiled happily, glad that she could finnally take proper care of her child. She had declared herself his mother subconsciously, dispite him being a human, and she an elven angel. "Let go then."

With a slight rustle, her silver-feathered wings extended again, and gave a powerful flap. The wind around them picked up, and a second later, a bright silver portal appeared in midair.

Harry hesitated slightly. He glanced over at Sky, who nodded her encouragement.

"Go on."

Taking a deep breath, he plunged into the liquid-looking surface, Sky close behind, and it shut closed behind them.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hope you all enjoy! Please R&R!"- So proclaims the Master of Random Disaster!
Sign up to rate and review this story