Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Personalised Stories :D

“Hey Kat, I hope you get this. You haven’t replied to my last three messages and I’m starting to get worried. If you don’t reply by nine then I’m coming over, okay?” Gerard said into his mobile phone. He snapped his mobile shut and stared at it for a long time. Why wasn’t Kat answering her phone? Kat wasn’t the type to not answer her phone.

Gerard sat back on the sofa and ran his fingers through his hair. He stared at the TV screen for a while before deciding that he couldn’t wait any longer. He re-grabbed his phone and dialled Kat’s number again “Forget my last message.” He said when he heard the answering phone beep again “I’m coming over right now.”

He grabbed his jacket and car keys before leaving and getting into his car. A thought occurred to him ‘What if she’s not even in her apartment?’ His heart started thumping. What had happened to her? Surely she’d have told him if she was going out tonight. He’d said to her yesterday he’d call tonight. If she wasn’t planning to answer her phone tonight, why hadn’t she told him?

‘She might be in the shower…’ Gerard thought then remembered he’d been trying to contact her since six and now it was nine. Perhaps she was asleep. Maybe she’d passed out. Maybe she was ill. So many possibilities were going through Gerard’s mind. He just had to know the truth.

He pulled up outside Kat’s apartment and slammed the door shut, almost forgetting to lock his car door. Without thinking about, he ran down the small path to Kat’s place and shoved her front door open. If Kat had had an accident then she wouldn’t be able to answer the door. “Kat?” Gerard called “Kat, are you in here?”

“Well it’s my apartment.” Gerard had Kat say sarcastically “Why should I not be here when the door’s fucking unlocked?”

There was something strange about Kat’s voice. It sounded low, slurred and choked up. Gerard walked down the hall to Kat’s living room. The lights were all turned off so Gerard flicked one in. Kat glared at him. She was sitting on the floor in front of her sofa, a bottle of wine in one hand and her cell phone in the other. Kat flicked her phone open and shut.

Gerard went and sat next to her “What’s going on? Why haven’t you been answering your phone? Why have you been ignoring my messages?”

“I-I didn’t wanna talk to you…” Gerard looked at Kat properly and saw that there were tears spilling down her cheeks “I’m so embarrassed.”

“About what?” Gerard put his arm round Kat “What could possibly be so embarrassing that you couldn’t tell me?”

“I just had to pack my stuff and leave…” Kat muttered, looking down at the floor “Everyone was staring at me… My cheeks were bright red… Someone even laughed at me!”

“What are you going on about?”

“I lost my job this morning!” Kat sobbed, hiding her face from him “What am I supposed to do now?”

“Hey, hey…” Gerard pulled her closer and rocked her from side to side “Hey… It’s nothing to be embarrassed about. I know you must be upset but it’s not the end of the world. You’ll get another job. They were crazy to fire you, you’re amazing at what you do.”

“But that was the best job I’ve ever had!” Kat cried, wrapping her arms around Gerard’s waist and sobbing into his chest “I loved it so much, all the people were great and I was earning so much… I thought that things were finally starting to work out!”

“Kat-“

“And if this didn’t work out then what else might not work out?” Kat asked, looking up at him “What else do I have left to live for? My parents want nothing to do with me, you’re the only friend I’ve got and nobody loves me!”

“That’s not true!” Gerard protested “I love you!”

“You’re only saying that to make me feel better.” Kat whispered, looking back down at the ground.

“No I’m not!” Gerard told her, kissing the top of her head “I love you Kat, I’ve been in love with you since the day we met. I didn’t tell you because I was too afraid.”

“R-Really?”

“Yes! You’re beautiful, amazing, funny… How could I not love you?” Gerard kissed the top of her head again “How could anybody not love you?”

“You really think that about me?” Kat asked. Gerard nodded “But… I’m in love with you too.”

“Really?”

“Well…” Kat smiled at him “You’re artistic, charming, you listen to me when I’m down… How could I not love you?”

Gerard laughed slightly “Why didn’t you tell me you were in love with me?”

“The right time never came up.” Kat replied “I really wanted to. But I didn’t know when. And besides, I was worried you wouldn’t feel the same way.”

Gerard made her look up at him “You should never be afraid to tell me anything.” He whispered “Anything at all. I’ll always be here for you.”

Kat went bright red and smiled shyly at him.

Gerard smiled back at her then kissed her gently on the lips. He ran his fingers through her long, brown, layered hair. When they pulled away from each other, Gerard had gone a little red too and he smiled at Kat “Is it okay if I stay the night?”

Kat laughed “That’d be amazing.”
Sign up to rate and review this story