Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Scarecrow Sunset

by Fatalfashionista 0 reviews

The Killjoys are in for more adventures, and perhaps a little romance. An exciting story with lots of twists.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-01-12 - Updated: 2012-01-12 - 10559 words - Complete

0Unrated
The early sunset came over Monroeville. A young boy stared out his window.
“Mommy, why can't I leave the house and play?” He asked his mom.
“We don't want you to get hurt. Better Life could find us. They could hurt you and your brother.” She said, pulling him away from the window. A little brown haired boy with glasses ran by, pretending to fly a plane in his hands.
“He flies around the mountains, the schools! No homework tonight!” the little boy giggled and kept flying his plane.
“Go play with your brother, Gerard.” His mom said, putting her hands on her hips.
“But mom! He's always wanting to play planes, or make crafts! I want to play video games and stuff.” Gerard complained.
“Wee! I wanna play trains!” the little brother laughed and picked up his toy car.
“No, Mikey, that's a car, not a.....” The boy's mom started when the door slammed open. Three men in white suits and vampire masks ran in, holding machine ray guns out in front of them.
“Give us the children!” a draculiod shouted.
“No! Not my babies!” She cried. She took the boys in her arms.
“Mommy? What's going on?” Mikey said, staring at the draculiods.
“Ma'am, to the count of three!” the draculoid said, pointing the gun to her head. “Boys...” he motioned to the other draculiods. They pulled the boys out of her arms.
“Mommy!” Mikey cried, tears streaming down his face.
“Gerard, Mikey, listen to me! Your imagination is your ammunition! Always keep running! Don't let anyone tell you who you are! Create and destroy as you see fit! You can and should do anything! I love you both! Stay strong! Keep running!” She said, tears falling down her cheeks.
“We love you too, mom!” Gerard cried, as they were dragged away.
“One.” The draculiod said, menacingly. He pulled the trigger and the mother screamed. Gerard screamed as he saw his mom drop to the floor. The draculiods pushed Gerard and Mikey into a van.
“Ow. My head.” Mikey said, holding his head.
“I'm sorry bro.” Gerard said, opening his arms. “Come here.”
Mikey whimpered and scooted into into Gerard's arms, closing his eyes as he let the tears come.
The van stopped again, and they heard screaming and yelling. “Yo, dude! Watch the fro!” The doors flew open and a boy with a wild brown afro was shoved into the van. A shorter boy with stringy black hair was pushed in after him.
“Yo, what's up?” The shorter one said to the brothers.
“Hey.” Gerard nodded.
“Who are you?” Mikey asked, pushing himself closer to Gerard.
“I'm Ray, and this is Frank.” The afro guy said. “Who are you two?”
“I'm Gerard, and this is my little brother, Mikey.” Gerard said, and Mikey smiled and waved a hand.
“It's great to meet you, now, let's get out of here.” Frank said, smiling and yanking at the bottom of the padding that they sat on.
“What are you doing?” Gerard asked, astonished.
“You guys know how to tuck and roll, right?” Frank asked, ignoring Gerard's question. “Oh well, we all gotta learn.” He pulled out a pen knife from his back pocket. He ripped the padding and pulled out a yellow object. The doors flew open.
“Tuck and roll, mate, if you want to live.” Ray said, as he and Frank jumped out.
“Mikey, do you trust me?” Gerard asked his brother. Mikey nodded. “Then get on my back.” Gerard instructed. Mikey did so, and he jumped out of the van, dust flying into his face as he tucked and rolled into the near-by bushes. He coughed and saw Frank and Ray, grinning at him.
“Well, done, mate.” Ray said. “Now follow us to a place to sleep.” They ran through the desert and found an old shack for shelter. They ran in and Gerard set Mikey down, letting him rest. Mikey fell asleep almost immediately.
“Thanks so much for helping us.” Gerard said.
“Don't mention it. You're one of us now.” Frank grinned at him.
“Yeah, now it's a four-person group. This one has gotten annoying and we've only been working together for three months.”
“Wow. The smallest are the most annoying, it's true.” Gerard laughed.
Frank snarled playfully and pounced on Gerard. Ray laughed as Gerard cried for mercy.
“Did I tell you to watch out calling Frank short?” Ray asked, holding his sides.
“I guess you just let it slip.” Gerard panted.
“We need a group name.” Mikey said. Everyone turned around. Mikey was standing up, smiling timidly.
“What kind of name do you think we should use? Unicorn Landers?” Frank laughed. Mikey's eyes brightened at the sound of unicorns for a second, then he gave Frank a grimace.
“Fine, I was thinking Fabulous Killjoys, but if you guys want to make fun of me.” Mikey sat down and faced the wall.
Gerard, Ray and Frank all gasped. “No! No! Dude, I'm sorry, the name's perfect. I love it.” Frank apologized.
“Glad you like it.” Mikey smiled at him. Gerard wandered around the shack and found four ray guns, sitting on a shelf. He pulled them down and handed one to each of the Killjoys.
“Here, for protection.” He said. Frank and Ray grinned and Mikey gasped and grabbed his gun.
“I'm going to name it Kobra Kid, with a “K” for Kobra.” He said, and ran to the shelf, where he found some red and black paint. He started designing his gun.
“The kid's got a point. We should be proud of what we wield.” Ray said, and examined his gun. “I'll name mine Jet Star.” He walked over and grabbed some blue paint.
“Fun Ghoul and I will have some great times.” Frank grinned and grabbed some green paint.
Gerard examined his gun carefully. He thought about how he used to think life was like a surprise party. Like, Surprise!!! You're old enough to leave the house, just like his older sister, Victoria, had done. He shook his head. What a poisonous thing the surprise was. Then, the light-bulb hit him, and he cried, “Party Poison!”
“Cool name, dude.” Mikey said, grinning at his brother. Gerard grinned back and pulled down some red paint.
“Share some of that red and black, will you?” He said, teasingly, and a new generation of heroes began, that very night.
*
[Ten years later]
“Kobra! Stop hogging the hot water!!!” Frank screamed.
“Five more minutes!” Mikey called back, or, should I say, Kobra.
“You said that an hour ago!” Frank screamed again.
“Okay, okay, if I'm not out in ten minutes, you can come it!” Mikey yelled back.
“TEN!?! But you said FIVE before!” Frank yelled. Gerard put his hand on Frank's shoulder.
“Dude, let it go, you can hold Mikey to that promise, I assure you.” He said, grinning. He pulled out an old looking bottle. “Guess what I found?” He said, grinning.
“What's that?” Frank oohed.
“It's red hair dye, permanent, with a bleach that's already inside!” Gerard exclaimed.
“Oh! Is there one for me?” Frank asked, looking around.
“No, sorry.” Gerard shrugged.
“Aww. Not fair.” Frank said, and checked his watch. “Oh, look, ten minutes.” He grinned at Gerard and ran into the bathroom. Gerard heard muffled shouting, then Frank came out, his hair a little damp, and his face full of devious happiness.
“Ghoul, what did you do?” Gerard cautioned.
“Oh nothing.” Frank, or Ghoul grinned at Gerard and retreated to the the main part of the Diner for coffee.
Gerard waited by the bathroom, so as soon as Kobra got out he could get in and dye his hair. Mikey walked out, towel wrapped around his head.
“You're up, dude.” He grinned at Gerard.
“You know that towel around your head makes you look gay, right?” Gerard laughed. Mikey grimaced and stormed off to his room. Gerard hopped into the bathroom and started to dye his hair. Frank knocked on the door.
“Are you done yet, Kobra?” He said, trying to sound annoyed, but instead sounding excited.
“It's me, Ghoul, and Kobra's in his room. Sorry, you snooze, you loose.” Gerard called.
“Awww!” Ghoul whined, and walked back off. Gerard was sitting by the mirror, letting the dye sit, when he heard Kobra scream.
“GHOUL!!!!!”
“Oh God, what did he do now?” Gerard asked. He pulled himsef up and walked out of the bathroom, towel around his shoulders. When he saw Kobra he gasped, shocked. Kobra's hair was blond! His roots were still brown, but the rest of his hair was beach blond! Ghoul was rolling on the floor, cracking up.
“Why?” Kobra yelled, throwing his hands in the air and trying to fix his hair in the mirror.
“Now, I......can tell....you....blond....jokes!” Ghoul gasped between guffaws.
“Not funny, man! Was it permanent dye?” Kobra said, worried. Ghoul rolled over more in his laughter.
“Ye....Ye.....Yes!” He gasped, and laughed more.
“I swear, you're gonna get it!” Kobra yelled, and jumped on Ghoul.
“Poison! Help me!” Ghoul called to Gerard, or Poison.
“Nope, sorry, buddy, but you brought this on yourself.” Poison shrugged and went into the main part of the Diner, grabbing a large cup of coffee.
“It's always the same-old, same-old, isn't it?” Ray said, eating at a can of Power Pup. He wasn't enjoying it, but it was better then nothing.
“Yeah, Kobra takes up the shower, Ghoul plays a prank on him, and then, well, they wrestle it out. Usually getting hurt in the process.” Poison shrugged and stared out the Diner window. They were at the very edge of Zone 6. This diner had been abandoned long before they had found it. Not even draculoids cared to go this far back in the Zones. Too far from their master. Poison stared at the open desert. Far away, he could see old trees, and brush, but it was all the way in Zone 5. Some say that was the last green there was left in California, and it was barely green at that. Then there was black specs in the distance. Poison squinted, and as they got closer, he realized they were BLInd cars.
“Guys! Dracs! Get in the Trans-Am!” Posion shouted. He was just about to run out the door when Ray yelled,
“Poison! Your hair! Wash it out first!” Poison swore under his breath and rushed into the bathroom. He rinsed his hair quickly and was drying it when he saw the guys staring out the window in awe.
“What's going on?” Poison said, trying to get a better view. He stared at the cars, but they were whirling around in circles, and ray gun shots were raining down on top of them. “Acid rain?” Poison guessed. He looked at Kobra.
Kobra shook his head and pointed at the sky. Poison looked up, and there was a small plane, flying over the dracs, and two figures were shooting at them from above. The boys all stared at the plane, circling the dracs and shooting at them. Soon, the cars were still. The plane landed and and a small figure hopped out. A taller figure came after the first, but stumbled, and collapsed.
“Guys! One of them is hurt!” Poison cried, he jumped out of the Diner and and ran toward the figures. As he got closer, he saw a little girl, with curly brown hair, and another girl, who looked almost as old as him, lying on the ground. The little girl had tears in her eyes.
“Please! Help her! She got shot in the shoulder, and I was afraid we were gonna crash!” She called to Poison. Poison bent down and picked the older girl up. She had light brown hair, with purple streaks in it. Her pale face was covered in dirt from the fall, and she wore a blue and black tank top with dark green skinny jeans. Poison stared at her face in wonder. He ran back to the Diner and set her in one of the booths.
“We have to get Dr. Death.” Poison said to the others, who were staring at the girl. They all looked at him and nodded.
“I'm staying with Meow.” the little girl said, sitting next the girl.
“Did you just say, Meow?” Ray said, giving the girl a funny look.
“Her name's Nuclear Meow, she likes it when I call her Mimi, though.” She smiled, and a tear dropped down her face. “Please, hurry, you can't let her die!” the little girl said, and hugged Meow. The boys nodded, confused, and ran into the Trans-Am, speeding toward Dr. Death's lair. On the way, Ghoul shrugged and said,
“I think she's hot.” Ray, who was sitting next to him, shoved his shoulder.
“You know it's true!” Ghoul said, defensively, and the boys laughed, agreeing.
*
Grace laid her head against Nuclear Meow. She could still hear her soft breathing. Grace stroked her hair, thoughtfully, and hummed Meow's favorite song. She stirred a little. Grace smiled and started singing.
“Let me tell you bout the sad man,
Shut up and let me see your jazz hands
Remember when you were a madman,
Thought you was batman,
And hit the party with a gas can.
Kiss me you animal.”

Meow opened her eyes and smiled at Grace weakly.
“You always know the right things to say, or rather, sing.” She said, weakly poking Grace in the shoulder.
“Well, I know that you love that song, and you we're waking up, so....” Grace shrugged. Meow quietly laughed and then tried to sit up. She winced and laid back putting her hand on her head. Grace looked at her, worried. Meow smiled and whispered. “Head rush.”
Grace sighed and shook her head. “It's okay, I have the guys getting help.”
Meow's eyes popped open and she stared at Grace, a look of shock and horror on her face. “G...G...Guys?”
Grace laughed and rolled her eyes. “Yes, not all Killjoys are girls, you know.”
“But...Guys? How many, who are they? What do they look like?” Meow said, nervously “Well, there's this tall one, with this afro, and he has a black jacket and a blue ray gun, and then there's this blond haired dude with a red jacket and a yellow and black striped tank-top, and then there's this red haired dude with a blue jacket and last there's this really short dude with hair that is a little long and he has this green vest that he wears with this yellow shirt.”
“You left out something, you know.” Meow said, staring out the window.
“What's that?” Grace said, worried.
“They are all extremely gorgeous.” Meow said, her eyes widening as she saw the boys walking back to the Diner. Dr. Death was following them, limping a little.
Poison walked in and saw Meow, awake, and blushing. He smiled and laid a hand on her forehead.
“How you doing there?” He said, brushing her hair back as he put his hand down. This made Meow blush even more.
“I'm fine, really, you didn't need to go to all that trouble.” She said.
“If you're fine, stand up and show us.” Jet said. Meow pulled herself up, trying to cover the pain with a smile and leaned against the table.
“Okay, you can stand, now can you walk?” Dr. Death said, crossing his arms. Meow nodded and tried to take a step forward. She staggered and Ghoul caught her before she hit the ground.
“Whoa, head rush?” She said, smiling sheepishly.
“Uh...huh. Let's have a look at your arm.” Dr. Death smiled. She smiled back and reluctantly held out her arm, wincing.
“Look's like that Drac had good aim.” Dr. Death said, grinning as he pulled out a bandage. He wrapped it around her arm and her arm went completely numb.
“That should do it. You'll have to stay and rest somewhere and when your arm regains feeling, you are free to go.
“Where will I stay?” She asked, looking back longingly at her plane.
“With us!” Ghoul said, excitedly.
“Looks like we have a volunteer, Dr. Death chuckled. Meow blushed even more.
“Well, if you insist...” Grace said, grinning, “What room is ours?”
Poison chuckled. “I'll room with Mikey and you can have mine, sound good?”
“Yeah! Sounds great!” Grace giggled. “Come on, Meow!” She said, and rushed into Poison's room.
“Hey! How did she know....?” Poisons said, but Meow just smiled and pulled herself up to follow Grace.
As soon as they were gone, Ghoul punched Poison in the shoulder. “RIGHT NEXT TO MY ROOM?!?” He yelled.
“Why not! Eveyone knows you like her.” Poison shrugged.
“But she's....I can't just....God, I hate you, Poison.” Ghoul growled and went into Kobra's room, slamming the door.
“Kobra, we might be bunking in Ghoul's room tonight.” Poison laughed. Kobra and Jet laughed also, and they left to their rooms, getting some rest after such a long day.
*
“You like Ghoul!” Grace jumped up and down on her bed. Meow was lying on hers, staring a the ceiling.
“Yeah, like I like all of them.” She rolled her eyes.
“You two are gonna fall in love, get married, and then it will be like I have a big brother in law.” Grace giggled.
“Would you just shut up and sleep?” Meow protested. Grace giggled again and laid down. Meow waited till Grace was asleep. She got out and sneaked into the kitchen. There she found a paper, a pen, and a fast asleep Ghoul. She stared at him longingly. Yes, she did want to love him, but she needed to keep Grace safe, and she couldn't do that flying the skies so much. She knew what she had to do, even though it would break her heart in two. One for Ghoul, and one for Grace. Tears slipping down her eyes, she wrote her note, taped it to the counter, and looked at Ghoul. It was so sweet to see him sleep. She leaned over and gently kissed him on the cheek, so as to not wake him up. Then, pulling up, she walked out of the Diner. Her arm hurt, which meant that she was regaining feeling. She always flew one-handed anyway, so she could shoot her ray-gun. She could fly with an injured arm, easy. She started the plane and flew off, holding back her tears. This was the right thing to do.
*
Ghoul stretched and looked around the kitchen. He must have fallen asleep when sneaking out for a midnight snack. He shook his head, smiling. The guys and girls would get up soon and Ghoul had a feeling they would all want coffee. He started to make two pots, when he saw the note on the fridge. He looked at it confused. Then he saw the signature. He grabbed it, reading it and tears springing to his eyes.
Grace walked in then, looking around the Diner. She saw Ghoul and smiled. “Hey, have you seen Meow? She usually needs me to wake her up in the mornings, but with her arm, she usually wakes up ear.....” Then Grace saw the look in Ghoul's eyes.
“I....don't....” Ghoul struggled to say. Grace ran and snatched the paper out of Ghoul's hand.
“No....no!” she said, whirling around and running out of the Diner, calling Meow's name. Poison came out, then rubbing his head, aggravated.
“Why is it I'm not waking up to the smell of coffee?” He demanded at Ghoul. Ghoul stood up and picked the note up, shoving it into Poison's hand before going into his room and slamming the door. Poison read it, blearily. He gasped.
“Grace!” He called. He ran out of the Diner, looking for her. He found her on a bench, outside, looking distraught and tears running down her face.
“She's really gone. She really left me. All those times I thought she was joking, but...” She looked up at Poison. “You'll never be Meow, you know.”
“I know.” Poison said, smiling sadly, “but could you try to love us?” He asked.
Grace thought about it and nodded. “I'll try.” she said, and walked into the Diner, picking up the note and re-reading it. She smiled at the messy scrawl that Meow always used it writing. She would miss that. She let herself read the words, in Meow's voice, so she could savor the sound:
“Dear Poison, Kobra, Ghoul and Jet,
I hope you understand me when I say that Grace is a
bit of trouble to handle when flying a plane. She's a
wonderful companion, though, and you will come to
love and adore her like I did. I can't take her everywhere
with me anymore, you see. I realize now how stupid it is,
taking a kid out into the desert in a plane. There are so many
ways she could get hurt. I hope you don't hate me for leaving
her with you. I know you can take care of her, though, better
then I can.
My dear Grace,
You know I love you. I will miss you, but these boys will take care
of you. Remember that no matter what, you have me in your heart.
I'll come back again when I have more act gotten together. When I
know I can run the Zones and not get you in trouble. I promise you that.
When I come back, though, I expect you all will be a happy family.
You were a great company and I'll miss you much. Keep Running,
My Darling.
Love to all, Nuclear Meow

After breakfast, it was known throughout the whole Diner that Meow was gone, and not coming back for a long time. Everyone seemed gloomy, but hopeful. They would miss Meow, but they knew she would be coming back. It was especially hard for Ghoul, but he too, learned to love Grace and be happy again. This is how Grace joined the Fabulous Killjoys.
*
“He shoots! He scores! The crowd goes wild!” Poison fake cheered and swung his arms around.
“Yep, the hot-head did it again.” Jet said, messing with a transmitter as he sat on the bench next to the new basket ball goal they had hung up on the side of the Diner.
“You know Grace will love it! She always wants to play basket ball with us!” Poison said, exhilarated. Jet snorted.
“I'm beginning to wonder if you really made that for Grace or for yourself.”
“You're just beginning to wonder that?” Kobra said, coming outside. He sat next to Jet and put his arm on Jet's shoulder, sighing. “When will you learn my friend?”
“Apparently, never!” Jet said, throwing his hands in the air. Everyone laughed. “So when are Grace and Ghoul coming out?”
“Well, Ghoul just went to wake her up, and I just got out here, so soon!” Kobra said.
“Good!” Poison said, sitting next to Jet. Jet put the transmitter down as Grace and Ghoul walked out, Ghoul's hands over Grace's eyes.
“Happy tenth birthday!” Everyone shouted as Ghoul took his hands off of Grace's eyes. She saw the ball and the goal right away. She ran to give everyone a hug.
“Thank you! Aww, this is so awesome! Thank you!” she said, taking the ball and examining it. “Wow, I haven't played basketball every since Meow le....I mean, every since I started living here.” She looked up, worried at Ghoul. He just smiled, but it was force.
“I actually found a way to make cake without putting in any Power Pup. Wanna try?” He said, pointing inside the Diner.
“This ought to be interesting.” Kobra laughed. Everyone joined in, a little awkwardly, but they soon all were happily in the kitchen, laughing and eating the cake, which was actually quite good.
“Hey, Ghoul, can I talk to you?” Poison said, nodding toward the outside of the Diner.
“Sure.” Ghoul shrugged. They walked outside.
“How are you holding up?” Poison asked, rounding on Ghoul.
“Uhh, what do you mean?” Ghoul asked.
“Grace said that one word.” Poison said, awkwardly.
“It's okay, P. I'm cool. I mean, yeah, I used to hurt a lot when I heard of Meow, it made me think of her bright aquamarine eyes......but seriously, I'm over it now.” He shrugged, but his face betrayed his pain. Poison gave him a big hug.
“Just tell me what's on your mind, please, Ghoul.” He said, sitting down on the bench. Ghoul sat down and put his head in his hands.
“It's been three years, Poison. I was thinking, you know, two, three months tops, and it's been three years.” Ghoul shook his head.
“Sometimes, it takes a long time for people to get their act together. You, of all people should know that.” Poison said, putting his hand on Ghoul's shoulder.
Ghoul blushed a little. “Okay, I get it, but Poison, what if she's.......dead....or ghosted?” He said, his voice cracking.
“No matter what's going on, she'll be back. She promised.” Poison tried to assure him. Ghoul sighed and tried to smile.
“Yeah, I know. Thanks for listening, buddy.” He said. They both stood up and walked back into the Diner.
“No problem, pal.” Poison laughed. They both looked to see Grace and Jet, leaning over a new radio, it was painted and had the word “BOOM” on it.
“Where'd you get that?” Ghoul asked, taken aback.
“Oh, I just got this done, and I wanted to show you guys as a surprise. I....uh....fixed it and....uh...painted it myself.” Grace smiled widely. “Aren't you proud?”
“Of course!” Poison laughed, but Ghoul looked suspicious.

[Five minutes earlier]
Ghoul and Poison walked out of the Diner. Grace excused herself to run to her room. She wanted to unwrap her hidden present. Just like the last two years, she had found it, sitting next to her as she woke up. And, as she always did, she hid it in her clothes box until and went back to sleep so Ghoul could wake her up. She ran over, picked up the present and unwrapped it, to find a new boom box with the word “BOOM” painted on it. Grace squeaked with delight. She read the card that was taped on the back.
My Dear Grace,
Happy Birthday! Ten, wow! You've grown so much!
I still miss getting to spend time with you, but right
now, I'm on an important mission, and I can't come
back to stay. Soon, though. I know I promise that every
year, but this time, I'll really try and honor that.
I hope this helps you stay happy in the darkest of times.
Na Na Na all the way. Love you!
Nuclear Meow

P.S. Tell the boys that you fixed it and made it yourself.
I don't want Ghoul or anyone else to get upset. Please?
Thank you!

Grace sighed. She really wanted to tell Ghoul, but she had no idea if it would make him feel worse. So, like the last too years, she brought it out, showed Jet, told him the lie, and they were examining it when Poison and Ghoul walked in.
“Where'd you get that?” Ghoul asked. Grace told him her story.
“Aren't you proud?” She said, grinning to hide her lie. Poison laughed.
“Of course!” Poison laughed, but to Grace, Ghoul looked like he knew what was going on. He was about to say something when a huge blast shook the earth below their feet. They saw a small car fly into the air, and a figure fall out. The figure ran toward them as the car exploded. As it got closer, they saw it was a girl. She had bright red hair, like Poison, and black leather clothing with combat boots. She ran up to the Diner, burst in, and fell to the floor.
“Help save my soul.” She said, before blacking out.
*
Jezzes, guys, another girl? What happened this time?” Dr. Death was leaning against his chair, trying to get up okay. Finally, Kobra had the guts to try and help this famous figure up. Dr. Death finally walked over to the door, gave Kobra a nod, and started walking toward the Tras-Am.
“We brought her to you, this time.” Poison finally said, after staring at Dr. Death's leg.
“Why didn't you tell me that before I had to walk to the door!?!” Dr. Death yelled, and hobbled back to his chair, where he moved it to his room, behind his broadcast station. “Bring her back here, boys, and I'll take care of her.” He said, wearily.
“Come on, guys.” Poison urged. He wasn't going to let the prettiest girl he had seen in a long time die.
They picked up the girl and put her on Dr. Death's bed. Dr. Death shooed them out of the room as he examined her. The Killjoys all sat outside and waited. Kobra turned to Poison suddenly and said:
“You know what this reminds me of? Hospitals.” He said, impatiently.
“No duh, genius.” Poison said, irritated.
“Hey now you too.” Jet looked at them, worried.
“Guys don't fight, we don't need that on top of what we got.” Ghoul said, shaking his head. “Look, I'm going to go check on Grace and maybe stay with her so we all know she's safe, okay?” He said, walking toward the back of the station.
“You scared him off.” Jet teased. Kobra laughed, but Poison just stared at the door, irritated and hopeful at the same time.
“I think she's going to be okay.” Jet patted Poison's knee.
“I hope so.” Poison muttered. They waited for what seemed like forever when Dr. Death came out shaking his head. Poison looked at him, tears about to break.
“She's awake, but she doesn't remember a thing.” He said. Poison sighed with relief.
“What does she remember?” Jet asked.
“Nothing, absolutely nothing!” Dr. Death said, exasporated.
“Well, do you think she'll get her memory back?” Kobra asked, getting up and streatching.
“She could get it back in an hour, a day, a month, a year, maybe more.” Dr. Death shrugged.
“You think it was the shock that wiped it out of her?” Kobra asked.
“No, she was definitely drugged. Look, I can keep her here, and use her for a lookout, with my condition, I can't get around as easy as I used to, but if you think you can take care of her better then the other girl you had,” Everyone looked down at the ground, “Then I'll let you take her home. Take good care of her and be gentle, she's been through a lot, and she just needs someone to trust.”
“We can take care of her.” Poison said, eargerly.
“If you're all sure. She says she wants a Killjoy name, like you guys, so I don't know what she decided on.”
“So you briefed her on what's going on these days?” Kobra said, looking around at the desert, thinking how much had changed.
“Yeah, she said she would come out to meet us, she just wanted to wash up.” Poison winced as he remembered how bloody she was. Poison looked back at Dr. Death's door and saw the girl there, standing hesitantly at the door. She blushed scarlet when he saw her, and it matched her hair. Poison smiled a little, and Dr. Death turned around.
“Hey there, you figure out your Killjoy name yet?” Dr. Death asked. She nodded her head.
“Yeah, Poison Dart Frog.” She said, smiling to herself. “You can just call me Poison, though.”
Kobra coughed to cover up a laugh. Jet grinned. Poison blushed. “Uh, my name's Party Poison, and they call me Poison for short.” He said, blushing scarlet himself. She looked down.
“Oh.” she said.
“That's okay.” Kobra sniggered. “We'll call him Party from now on.” Poison turned and glared at Kobra. Then he looked back at Poison Dart Frog. She looked at them, hopeful.
“You mean, I can keep my name?” She said, looking at Kobra hopefully. Kobra gave him a huge smile.
“Sure!” He said, “Welcome to the group, Poison.” He giggled. Party sighed and rolled his eyes. He guessed he had to face it, and he wanted to keep Poison happy.
“Come on, let's go home.” Jet said, yawning. The sun had already risen, but they had stayed up the night waiting for Poison.
“Okay.” Poison said, picking up her jacket. They all walked outside, when Poison saw the Trans-am, she stopped, staring.
“You okay?” Kobra asked. She just stared and then she turned to him, a huge grin on her face.
“That is probably the coolest car I've ever seen.” She said.
“Well, you can ride shotgun.” Party said, taking her hand. She giggled and blushed. Kobra nudged Jet and they both gave each other knowing grins. As soon as they got home, they checked for Grace. She was happily listening to her radio. Then they looked for Ghoul. They checked his room, the kitchen, the weaponry, nothing. Party came to Grace and sat by here.
“Hey there.” He said. She smiled at him.
“Hey.” She said, though he could tell she was hiding something.
“Where's Ghoul?” Party asked. Her face darkened.
“I don't know. He isn't with you guys?” She asked.
“No, he came back to stay with you.” Party said.
“Oh, he got here, but he left.....” She said. “I thought he went back to you.” But her face told Party differently.
“What have you been hiding from us, Grace?” Party asked, no longer happy. He saw tears come into Grace's eyes. She knew she couldn't keep the secret from him anymore. She went to her box, pulled out the notes from her other birthdays and handed them to Party. He stared at them in shock.
“Grace....” Party said, after reading them. “Why didn't you tell us?”
“Because,” She sniffed, “She told me not to.”
“Did Ghoul find out, and that's why he left?” Party asked Grace, seriously. She nodded and sniffed again, new tears springing up. Party got up and ran out to the Trans-Am, speeding away. Poison walked out to the window, watching him go.
“Did I make him run away?” She asked, a tear coming to her eye.
“No.” Kobra said. Poison whirled around.
“Oh, I thought I was alone.” She said, holding her heart.
“No, it's just, one of our friends is missing, and he's going to look for him.” Kobra shrugged. “You should get some sleep.”
“Okay.” Poison looked back out of the window, worried.
“It'll be okay. I'll go after him, if he doesn't come back soon.” Kobra said. Poison nodded and went into her room closing her door. Jet was already fast asleep. Kobra grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down on the couch.
“What a day.” He sighed to himself, and watched the door.
“I know, isn't it?” He heard a voice behind him. Kobra knew that voice. He sat up, stiff.
“Come with me, Killjoy, and I won't hurt your sleeping friends.” The voice said. Kobra felt a gun to his forhead.
“Korse.” Kobra growled.
Korse laughed. “Hello, again, Kobra Kid.”
*
The city was burning. Poison fell to her knees. She screamed in agony as someone stabbed th back of her neck with something. Her eyes went black. A room, a white room. All she could see was black and white.
“She has more potential then just a Draculoid.” She heard a voice saying.
“Will she remember anything?” Another said.
“No, sir, nothing.” The first voice said.
“Then proceed.” The second said. Poison tried to scream as a pain worse then a thousand knives was spreading through her body. She felt herself changing, changing, changing. Then all went black.
Poison was in a house now, two little children. Their mom holding them tight. They seemed....familiar.... “On the count of three.” She said, holding the gun to the mother's head. She didn't want to shoot. She didn't want to kill this woman. She knew this woman, somehow.
“No! Mommy!” The younger boy screaming. The woman cried out for her boys as they were ripped from her arms. Poison gave a sickening, evil smile.
“One.” She said, and shot the woman.
Pain. Pain so horrible, she wanted to die just to get rid of it. All she could see was the face of someone. Someone she knew she would love, eventually. That's what kept her alive. She felt the blackness again.
“No!!!” Poison cried, jumping up in her bed. Grace was beside her in seconds.
“What's the matter?” She asked, worried.
“Is Party back?” Poison asked, sweat beading up on her forehead and neck.
“No.” Grace said, trying to wipe the sweat off of Poison's face.
“Did Kobra go to look for them, then?” Poison asked.
“I guess so, he's not here.” Grace shrugged.
“Is Jet still here?” Poison asked.
“I'll go check.” Grace said soothingly. She left the room. Poison curled up in a ball and held her knees. She rocked back and forth, trying to forget her dreams. How did she get out? Was it all true? Who was she? Did she really do all those horrible things? She started crying hysterically. Grace came in a few minutes later, with a glass of water and rushed to Poison's side.
“Shh, it's okay, it's just a dream.” Grace handed the glass to Poison. She drank it greatfully.
“What did you dream about?” Grace wondered, looking at the state Poison was in.
“It was horrible....too horrible for me to tell someone as young as you.” Poison said.
“I've had really bad dreams before, you can tell me.” Grace said. Poison looked at the girl, reluctantly.
“Please, don't tell anyone, okay?” Poison pleaded.
“No problem.” Grace smiled encouragingly. Poison sighed and relayed onto Grace her dream, when she got to the part about killing the boy's mother, and how she seemed to know the boys, Grace's face grew very dark.
“That was Party and Kobra.” She said. Poison gasped, and then almost fainted from the overflow of guilt.
“I....I....I didn't want to! I wanted to save them! I couldn't control my hand, my whole body worked against my will.” Poison said, tears overflowing. Grace came and gave her a hug.
“Don't worry. You didn't have a choice. I understand. I won't tell Party, or Kobra. It'll be okay.” Grace chided.
Poison sighed and finished her story. Grace nodded at the end.
“Looks like you have some of your memory back. It wasn't pleasant, but I think I know what happened to you.” Grace said.
“Really? What am I? Who am I?” Poison said, desperately.
“It seems to me you were the closest they got to living robots, except you rebelled, so they tried to shut you off, and in doing so, they made you lose all your memory. That dream must have been flashes of what were strongest in your mind when they were controlling you.” Grace looked in Poison's eyes. “Don't blame yourself. It was not your fault, since you were controlled. Don't beat yourself up for it.”
Poison nodded, though she was crying again.
“Let's wait for Party, Ghoul and Kobra to come back, okay? Grace said, patting Poison on the shoulder.
“I would like that.” Poison smiled a little. They went to the couch, Grace got some coffee and they sat there, sipping at it, waiting for the boys to come home.
*
[Hours Ago]
Ghoul was speeding around the Zones like a lunatic. He had to find Meow. She was still alive! Suddenly, he heard a car behind him. Frank cursed under his breath as he sped faster into Zone 3. He heard tired screech as the car followed him. Ghoul looked back to see the Tran-Am following him. Great, that's all he needed. He swerved the bike, not realizing there was a huge rock there, flew into the air a few feet, and crashed. The Trans-Am stopped and Party jumped out of the car and ran to Ghoul Ghoul was lying in the ground, face down. Party rolled him over to see a huge gash on his head.
“No! Ghoul! Are you okay?” Party asked, shocked.
“Poison....I feel so....It hurts.” Ghoul whimpered. He could only talk in a whisper.
“It's okay.” Party said, tears rolling down his cheeks. “You're going to be okay.”
“No, Poison, I'm not okay. I haven't been ever since Meow left. I love her, and now, I don't know if she'll still love me, if I find her.” Ghoul let out a cough that was meant as a laugh. “If....I find her. If I live through this.”
“No, Ghoul, you've been through worse, you'll get through this.” Party said, hugging Ghoul close as he picked him up. Party carried him over to the car, laid him down gently on the back seat and got into the front of the car.
“Poison?” Ghoul called quietly.
“Yeah?” Party asked.
“You think I'm stupid and obsessed, don't you?” Ghoul said, dejected.
“For running away without getting help from us, yes, but for trying to find your true love, no.” Party said, starting the car.
“Thanks.” Ghoul sighed. Party couldn't tell if he meant it, or if it was sarcastic.
“At least we'll all be safe at home soon.” Party reminded himself, and sped toward home.
*
“So, why just me?” Kobra asked himself again. He was sitting in the holding cell, right next to the main computers. He thought over and over again about his life, what he remembered. How he met the other Killjoys. He tried to think of something that would have made BLInd want him. He couldn't come up with anything. He paced back and forth in the holding cell. It was nicer then the ones he had been thrown into with the rest of the gang. That made his situation all the more dangerous, though. Kobra kicked the wall, over and over. He didn't even notice at first that the silver paint was chipping to show some old wood beneath it. Kobra looked down and picked at it, trying to see if there was an opening. There was, and it seemed to lead through the vents. A way out! Kobra was about to climb in when he heard that voice again. He didn't want to ever hear it again in his lifetime.
“Uh uh uh, now, Kobra, don't ruin all our fun.” Korse said.
“Fun.” Kobra scoffed and two Drac pulled him away and gripped onto him. He didn't struggle. He leaned back, exhausted all of a sudden.
“Tie him up in the chamber.” Korse commanded. The Dracs followed the orders.
“Great! Another camber.” Kobra said, sarcastically. Korse sighed and rolled his eyes.
“We'll need another paint job.” He said to a Drac next to him, and then went into the chamber.
“What do you want this time? Let me guess. 'I want you dead, Killjoy'.” Kobra mocked him, bored.
“Sure, why not?” Korse said. “But before you die, I want to show you this interesting video we keep for these special occasions.” Korse smiled.
“You know I'm not gonna run away, right? What's the point? You can untie me.” Kobra shrugged.
“Actually, you are under a non-aggression pill we gave you not long ago.” Korse smiled. “And you're not tied up.”
Kobra looked down to see he wasn't tied up, but it felt like it. “What are you going to do with me?” He asked, trying to sound horrified, but only sounding bored.
“Oh, just show you this video, then put you in a suspended state for about a hundred years.” Korse shrugged. “The usual.”
“Why not just kill me?” Kobra asked.
“Because, you might be useful after all your friends are dead.” Korse laughed. Kobra tried to glare, but only got a smirk. “Now, let's see this video, shall we?” Korse said, and turned to the screen.
“One!” a drac shot a woman, and then turned. The drac pulled off it's mask to show..
“No!” Kobra tried to yell, but of course, only got a low monotone.
“Yes.” Korse smiled. “Your own, 'Poison Dart Frog'. You know, that was her favorite animal.”
“You're a sick, sick person.” Kobra said, trying to growl.
“Yes, and now that you know someone dangerous is out to kill your brother and friends, goodnight, Mikey Way.” Korse pulled out a remote with a red button and pressed it.
“You can't just....” Kobra started, but his pulse stopped.
“Ice him.” Korse said, bored, as the Dracs dragged Kobra's body to the Future Cell. There they set him in what looked like a tanning bed, but was really an ice bed. Kobra's body laid there, no pulse, no thoughts, nothing.
*
Party and Ghoul came inside the Diner, laughing and nudging each other. They came in to see Poison and Grace sitting on the couch, looking worried.
“Is everything okay?” Party asked, suddenly concerned.
“Is...Kobra coming in too?” Grace asked.
“He's not with us, why?” Ghoul said, worried.
“He went out to look for you guys.” Poison said.
“Oh no.” Party said, he and Ghoul heading for the door.
“It's worse. He's been taken by BLInd.” a voice, so familiar, came from behind them.
“Meow!!” Grace and Ghoul said, jubilantly. Party smiled in welcome, but looked anxiously at the Trans-am. Grace ran into Meow's open arms.
“I'm so glad you're back!” Grace said, happy tears in her eyes.
“Yeah, I got a better plane, my arm is better then ever, and I can finally support us both. You can come be with me again, if you want to.” She looked at Ghoul and Party. Poison looked at all four of them confused.
“Did you guys just say...Meow?” Poison said.
“Oh, where are my manners!?!” Meow laughed. “I'm Nuclear Meow, and you?”
“Poison Dart Frog, but you can call me Poison.” Posion blushed.
“Oh....how...interesting.” Meow cocked an eyebrow at Party.
“I'm called Party now, I guess.” Party shrugged.
“How...thoughtful of you.” Meow grinned, seeing the look on Ghoul's face.
“Are we going to save Kobra or not?” Party said, impatiently.
“Of course. You'll need backup, Grace? Ghoul? Poison?” Meow said, smiling. “Who wants a ride in my new plane?”
“Me!” Grace and Ghoul shouted.
“Guess you get shotgun again, with me.” Party said, and both of the red-heads blushed.
“Okay.” Meow said. “Meet you love-birds at the edge of the city.” She winked.
“Okay.” Party and Poison blushed scarlet again. Meow, Grace, and Ghoul all jogged out of the Diner.
“You think we'll make it out okay?” Poison asked, worried.
“I promise I'll protect you.” Party said, making the oath he had made to Kobra long ago.
“But what if....?” But Poison stopped. Party kissed her and her thoughts and worries melted away. It was like fireworks had exploded. It was sweet and exciting at the exact same time. When they finally pulled away, Party smiled.
“Still worried?” He asked.
“About what?” Poison breathed.
“That's my girl.” Party grinned.
“I'm...you're girl?” Poison asked.
“If you let me be your guy.” Party laughed. Poison joined in.
“Deal.” She said. Though, in the pit of her stomach, she knew that things couldn't be perfect. She had killed his mother, and if he found out, well, things would end pretty quickly. Poison was mostly quiet throughout the whole ride there. They saw the plane pass over them, and they sped to catch up. They met on the edge of the city.
“Okay. Everyone here?” Meow said, hopping out of the plane.
“Yeah. I think so.” Party said, holding Poison in his arms. They heard someone clear their throat behind them.
“You forgot someone.” Jet said. Everyone gave themselves facepalms in unison.
“Jet!” Grace exclaimed.
“Yeah! Me!” Jet said, and rolled his eyes.
“Sorry buddy.” Party said.
“Eh, I'm used to it.” Jet shrugged.
“Ready to kick some BLInd booty?” Grace said. Everyone laughed.
“Let's do it!” Party said, and everyone ran into the city, masks on, guns out.
*
A girl with purple hair, a purple jacket, a colorful tank-top, and leather pants sneaked in and out of the corridor. She had to find her brother. She weaved in and out of the BLInd hallways. She had already checked. She was not going to lose her brothers. Not again. She ran to the holding cell he was in last, and tried every room around. She saw an odd, sealed room, down a dark corridor.
“Here goes nothing.” She muttered, and went in. The room was cold, but you could see how some of the ice was forming around these...coffins. No, not coffins. They looked like tanning beds.
“Getting an ice tan? What is this?” She asked to herself. There were faces of people in little windows. They looked blue. She gasped as she saw the one she hoped she'd never see. Kobra's face was there, soft, unemotional. She gazed at it. How much he had grown. They both had the same nose, though. She smiled to herself.
“Now, to get you out of here.” She said, looking at the case. It had a latch that seemed to open it up. She wasn't sure. She hesitated before pulling it. The box opened with a hiss and Kobra's face gained color. She sighed with relief.
“It's okay, Mikey, I'll get you out of here and safe again.” She said, holding her little brother in her arms. He was heavier then before, but just like when he was two, Mikey curled up and leaned instinctively against his sister. His heartbeat was slowly gaining. She could hear it. She smiled as she ran toward the back exit, toward her car. Suddenly, an alarm went off.
“Intruder alert! Intruder alert! All stations go to sector C.” A voice on the intercom said.
“Aww crap!” She said, and ran faster. She wasn't near sector C, but she guessed who had broken in. She got to the car, laid Mikey in the back seat, grabbed a couple explosives and ran inside to save her other brother.
“Always have been such a handful!” She exclaimed to herself, as she sped toward sector C.
*
“Jet, I'm sorry again.” Party said, still feeling bad for leaving his best friend behind.
“It's not as bad as when you left me at that gas station.” Jet shrugged.
“Still.” Party continued, but was shushed by Meow.
“Guys, Dracs around the corner!” She hissed.
“Shoot them!” Ghoul said.
“Too many, we'll be caught!” Meow whispered.
“Let me.” Jet said, and he shot them all, one-handed.
“I...take that back.” Meow said. The guys laughed quietly. They headed toward sector C, where the holding cells usually were. Suddenly, Ghoul fell back a little, and stumbled. He knocked against a red button that was right against the wall. An alarm went off and a voice called on the intercom:
“Intruder alert! Intruder alert! All stations go to sector C.”
“Aww, GHOUL!” Jet cried. They heard footsteps coming in from all sides. Pools of Dracs rushed in, surrounding them.
“You just had to be born clumsy.” Party hissed at Ghoul as they saw a horrible figure approach them. Korse came out, slowly clapping his hands.
“Well, well, well, if it isn't the whole brigade. I love it when I have all my birdies ready for the catch. And you even have the girl, very nice. She will make a nice worker here. You all will. Especially you, my dear.” Korse said, walking over to Poison. She paled and stumbled back. Korse grabbed her hand and stoked her cheek.
“No! G...G....Get away from me!” Poison stammered.
“Poison, what is he talking about?” Party said, suspicious.
“I was drugged! I was microchipped! I had no will of my own!” Poison yelled, and tears were falling fast from her face.
“You don't know, Party Poison? This girl killed your mother.” Korse said, an evil smile spreading across his face.
“No....Poison...tell me it isn't true!” Party said, tears falling from his face.
“I remember again, Party. I love you, but I know you'll never forgive me.” Poison said, her head dropped low. “Please, kill me now.” She said.
“Ha! Like I would kill someone so valuable. You're lucky you escaped once, but it won't happen again. You'll become like me before long.” Korse said, and shoved her into a Drac's arms, nodding. The Drac, followed by three others, walked out of the room.
“No!” Party called. Korse laughed.
“Now, it's time to take you Killjoys to the extermination cells.” He said, and was about to walk toward them when he was shot in the leg.
“Ah! God d.....Fatal...” His yell grew softer, almost in a placating way as he turned to face the girl who had shot him.
“Grant.” She said, giving him a sly smile.
*
“I know her face....from somewhere.” Party thought to himself.
“It's so nice to see you again.” Korse said, limping toward her.
“And it will be a pleasure to kill you, again, traitor.” Fatal said, holding her gun level with his head. Korse turned around to find all his Dracs lying on the ground dead.
“How do you do it?” He asked softly, looking back up at her.
“I learned from the best.” She said, the sly smile coming back. Again, Party was hit with the sensation that he knew this girl from somewhere.
“You can't kill me.” Korse said, derisive.
“No, but I can do this.” She said, and shot his head. He fell to the ground, but there was no burn mark on his head.
“Stunning is nice also.” Fatal laughed. Everyone stared at her. Finally, Party spoke.
“Thanks.....We...uh...definitely owe you.” He said, cautiously.
Fatal scoffed. “No chiz! Now come one, let's go save your girlie friend.” She said, and ran off toward where the Dracs had lead Poison.
“How do you...?” Party tried to ask, but just followed as the group ran after Fatal.
“Hey, what is chiz?” Jet asked Fatal as she was running. He had never seen someone so graceful in running before.
“I think it's a German sausage.” She shrugged.
“I thought so too.” Jet lied and smiled. She smiled back, briefly. They stopped in sector B.
“This is where she was led to.” Fatal said, as she pushed open the door, shooting to her left and right, and then straight ahead. The rest of the group ran in and saw Poison sitting in a chair, bound and gagged. She looked at them, relieved and fearful, tears falling down her cheeks. Fatal pulled out a penknife from her boot and freed Poison.
“Why did you do it?” Poison asked Fatal. Fatal shrugged.
“No Killjoy left behind.” She said.
“But...do you know who I am?” Poison asked.
“Yeah.” Fatal scoffed.
“Then why?” Poison pressed. The rest of the group stared in confusion and wonder at the two girls.
“Everyone deserves a second chance.” Fatal said. Poison hesitated, then ran and gave Fatal a hug. Fatal stumbled back, shocked, but hugged her back.
“Do we know you?” Party finally asked.
“You used to.” Fatal said, almost sadly. “Come on, I'm guessing you said you parked near the front?” She said. Everyone nodded, but Party cut in,
“We are not leaving without Kobra.”
“Don't worry about it, dude, I got him, just tell me where to meet you.” Fatal said.
“Um...at the Diner in Zone 5?” Jet said. Party gave him a warning look, but Jet just shrugged. He wasn't going to lie to the prettiest girl in the room.
“Okay, I'll get you to your car, and meet you there.” Fatal said, and walked out. The others followed.
“Smooth, Jet.” Party whispered. Jet shrugged again.
“I wasn't going to lie. I know we can trust her.” Jet said.
“Can we trust Poison?” Party asked.
“Everyone deserves a second chance.” Jet answered. Poison was up with Meow and Grace, talking. Party stared at her. No matter how much he tried, he could not stop loving her.
“Everyone deserves a second chance.” Party whispered to himself. He caught up with Poison and held her hand. She looked up at him, shocked, but tears of happiness in their eyes. They had reached the car by now, so Party leaned down to kiss Poison. As they kissed, a chorus of “Aww.” went through the watching crowd, and soon, Ghoul and Meow were kissing.
Jet and Fatal were standing awkwardly together. In that moment, Jet wanted to grab Fatal and kiss her. He restrained himself, though, hiding the pain of thinking he might get rejected. Fatal wanted to kiss Jet, but refrained, not wanted to be rejected. Fatal finally shook her head. She was being ridiculous. There was a guy there that she didn't even know, and suddenly, she wanted to kiss him! She finally cut in.
“Uh, I have to go get Kobra and bring him back, so, see ya in a few.” She called, walking away.
“Dude, you guys scared her away.” Jet scowled. Everyone laughed and got into their vehicles accordingly. As they drove off, Party thought to himself:
“She seems so much like.....my sister!”
*
Fatal sighed to herself as she got into her car. Kobra, her little brother, was asleep in the back still. She sped off toward Zone 5. Zone 5! Well, at least her brothers had some sense and stayed safe somehow. She started the radio and listened to her favorite band screaming her life to her as she sped off into the desert.
About halfway there, Kobra woke up. He shook his head blearily.
“Look Alive, Sunshine!” Fatal said, and Kobra stared at her in shock.
“Where am I? Who are you? Where are we going?” He demanded.
“Whoa there!” Fatal laughed. “Well, one, you are in my awesome car that still manages to have AC. You're welcome. Two, I'm Fatal Fashionista, and I saved your life. And three, we are going home.”
“Home where?” Kobra asked suspiciously. He knew this girl, somehow.
“Your home. This diner out in Zone 5. Your brother told me.” She said.
“My brother told you?” Kobra asked, shocked.
“Yeah he wanted to save you too, you know.” She said, shaking her head teasingly.
“Was anyone else there?” Kobra asked.
“Well, I heard a few names. There was Grace, Poison, Ghoul, Jet and a....Meow.” Fatal laughed. “What names, huh?”
“Wow, all of them came to save me!” Kobra said, grinning.
“No chiz, dude.” Fatal laughed. Kobra joined in.
“What is chiz?” Kobra asked, scooting himself into the passenger seat.
“I think it's a German sausage.” Fatal shrugged.
“Hey, I've heard that before!”Kobra said. “I can't put my finger on where. It must have been a long time ago...” He thought.
“It was...” Fatal said, under her breath.
“I....think my sister told me that, when I was, like, three.” Kobra laughed.
“What was your sister like?” Fatal asked.
“Well, she had hazel brown eyes, like mine, basically we all had the same nose....” Kobra stopped, staring at Fatal.
“Sissy!?!” He cried.
“Hey there, Mikes.” Fatal laughed.
“But I don't....how are you still alive?” Kobra asked, stunned.
“Do you think I was stupid enough to let myself get ghosted?” Fatal shook her head. “Nope, I kept running, as mom always told me.
“You know what happened to mom?” Kobra asked.
“I was the one who buried her.” Fatal said, darkly. That quieted the conversation for a while. Then Early Sunsets Over Monroeville started playing on the radio.
“I love this song.” Kobra said, smiling. “It makes me think of home. Hey! Gerard will be so happy to know you're alive!”
“He knows I'm alive, though he has no idea who I am.” Fatal said. Kobra looked at her, confused.
“How could he not tell?” He asked, shocked.
Fatal shrugged again. “It's Gerard, Mikey. What do you think?”
“I think he's already figured it out.” Kobra said.
“Wanna bet?” Fatal said, teasingly.
“Deal. You wash our car, if I'm right, and we wash yours if I'm wrong.” Kobra said, confidently.
“Done.” Fatal laughed. “And we'll soon find out. Look who's waiting for us.” Fatal smiled. Party was pacing in the doorway of the Diner. When he saw the car, he ran out to meet them. Fatal parked and Kobra jumped out with Fatal following. Party pulled him into a huge hug, and then turned to Fatal.
“Thanks so much again for saving him, sis.” He said.
“I win!” Kobra cheered. Fatal sighed and rolled her eyes.
Party looked at them both confused.
“He said that you had figured out who I was already.” Fatal shrugged.
Party laughed. “Alright. Let's have coffee to celebrate.” The siblings agreed and they all walked into the diner, still in a hug.
*
It was dark once everyone had finished celebrating. Jet walked out to look at the stars. Ghoul came up and nudged Fatal.
“He likes you.” He said, she looked at him, surprised.
“Who?” She asked.
“Jet Star, duh!” Ghoul exclaimed.
“But...but I can't....I barely know him!” Fatal said, but she was blushing.
“Do you believe in love at first sight?” Ghoul asked, pulling Meow over to him so he could kiss her.
“You think it really is?” Fatal asked, hopefully.
“Just go talk to him!” Meow exclaimed.
“That obvious?” Fatal asked Kobra.
“That obvious.” He and Party and Poison all laughed.
“Okay.” Fatal took a deep breath and walked outside. Jet was sitting on a bench, looking up at the stars.
“Anything interesting out there?” Fatal asked sitting next to him. He smiled, but didn't look at her.
“Yeah, there's Orian, and the Lion, and there's the Bull, Tarus.” Jet pointed to each constilation.
“Hey, like Toro.” Fatal said, and then gasped.
“Toro?” Jet said suspiciously.
“Uh, yeah, I used to know this person named Raymond Toro, and it just popped in my head.” She said, shrugging.
“Yeah? How?” Jet said, trying to act aloof.
“Well, see, when my brothers wanted a playmate, I knew there was this boy who lived across the street from us who was named Raymond Toro. I don't expect he survived the war, though.” she said, saddened.
“What if I could tell you he was very much alive?” Jet asked.
“You mean....Jet....you're Ray?” Fatal asked, shocked.
“Yeah, you catch on fast.” Jet laughed.
“I could tell by your hair and your....eyes.” Fatal blushed.
“The eyes are a new one.” Jet said, leaning in. Suddenly, the two were kissing, pulling themselves closer and closer to each other.
“What did I tell you about love at first sight?” Ghoul laughed, watching the happy couple with Meow in his arms, asleep.
“Everything's perfect again.” Party said, Poison lying on his lap. He stroked her face and she blushed scarlet.
“But I want a girlfriend!!” Kobra cried, exasperated.
“Kobra, if you haven't realized...you're too young to date.” Party laughed.
“But, if you are desperate, I think someone's willing to take you.” Ghoul laughed. He nodded toward Grace, who was playing with her radio. She kept snatching looked at Kobra and blushing.
“Yeah...I guess you're right, I'm too young to date.” Kobra said and left for his room. “I'm bed-ridden. Night!”
“Night, Kobe!” Party said. Everyone laughed and eventually fell asleep, either holding their lover, or in their lover's arms.

[The End]
Sign up to rate and review this story