Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Kept Waiting

Kept Waiting

by Unrequited 1 review

On the border of death from an injury, Cloud meets an old friend once more. Excerpt: Zack stopped in the doorway that was filled with light and looked over his shoulder, smiling. "Don't keep me w...

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Cloud Strife, Zack - Published: 2006-06-23 - Updated: 2006-06-23 - 650 words - Complete

1Moving
Disclaimer: No I do not own the characters! I only own the plot ^^

AN: This is an angst drabble, if its not your cup of tea, don't read it!

xoxoxoxo

"...is he going to be alright?"

"I'm not sure...."

"...Cloud? Don't you dare die on me...."

He felt himself slip in and out of consciousness. Cloud felt numb, his chest hurting where the dagger had entered his skin. He couldn't move, think, or feel. The last thing he saw before he vision faded was Tifa's crying face over his, her tears landing on his face.

Suddenly he was in a dark hallway, lit only by the candles sitting on ledges on the walls. Cloud shook his head and ran his hand down his chest, feeling rather disturbed as his fingers accidentally dipped into the hole in his chest.

"Where am I?" Cloud asked loudly, turning around in circles.

His own voice echoing was Cloud's only reply.

He reached out and placed his right hand on the wall and began to walk forward slowly. He glanced briefly at the pictures on the walls, dismissing them. It was then that he realized how familiar all the pictures looked. He glanced that the one currently next to him. It was a picture of him and Tifa together in her bar.

Cloud swallowed; these weren't just pictures, these were memories. As he walked, he passed more of his memories, the good and the bad. A light began to appear in the distance. He picked up his speed and ran toward it.

As he approached he stopped dead in his tracks and stared at the figure leaning against the door frame that led into the light. Violet eyes flashed open and gazed at him. A smile flickered.

Pushing off the wall, Zack faced Cloud, his smile so bright it seemed to make the hall lighter. He held his hands out for Cloud to hold on to. Gripping Cloud's hands in his own, Zack cocked his head to the side and looked at the clock that had been on the wall across from them. The clock was no longer moving, apparently broken. "Where have you been Spikey? I've been waiting for a long, long, long time."

Cloud stared up at him in shock. "But...you're dead."

Zack threw his head back and laughed. "Yeah. Apparently you are too. Or almost dead might be the better term."

Cloud jerked away and stared at his old friend for a minute or so. The he threw himself into Zack's arms and felt his eyes burn with tears. "I don't want to die Zack. I don't want to."

Zack's arms tightened around him briefly before he felt Zack's lips brush his forehead. "Spikey, never fear the inevitable."

Suddenly Cloud found himself pushed up against a wall, Zack's lips pressed harshly against his own. Cloud groaned from the long lost contact that he had almost forgotten with time. He wrapped his arms around Zack's waist as Zack pressed his hips down upon Cloud's, rubbing their erections together.

"Oh, Cloud..." Zack gasped into Cloud's open mouth, his tongue stroking the blonde's. A soft moan was his reply. "I've missed you."

Just as Cloud's hands began to fumble with Zack's pants, Zack pulled back and held Cloud at an arms length, just looking at him. He glanced at the clock once more and sighed. "It seems like I have waited forever just to see you one more time. I don't want to let go. But it's not time for you to be here."

Cloud felt the loss of warmth as Zack turned away and began to walk towards the door. "Wait, Zack...."

Zack stopped in the doorway that was filled with light and looked over his shoulder, smiling. "Don't keep me waiting much longer Spikey."

Then, in a flash, the hall was empty once more and the sound of a ticking clock began.
Sign up to rate and review this story