Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Aftermath Of Perfection

The Aftermath

by Song_Whisper 2 reviews

“After all that you fear has come true, hope is the only answer.”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-01-17 - Updated: 2012-01-18 - 1786 words

0Unrated
Kobra-Kid’s POV:
The cool night breeze blew through the desert, lifting the sand and carrying it to where small dunes were being created; they would only be destroyed when the BL/I cars drove through in the morning.
Night is always prettier than day, as you notice things you might not have seen before. The warm coffee that I held cupped between my hands helped me keep warm against night’s hidden cold spots.
Car lights in the distance told me that my brother, Party-Poison, and Jet-Star had returned from Battery City. They had gone check out how much damage had done since we had escaped.
The Trans-Am stopped at the entrance to the Diner and both men jumped out of the beat-up car; Poison’s look said it all.
“How bad is it?” I asked; no hope finding it’s way into my voice.
Poison didn’t answer; he kept his head down and walked past me, inside to the warmer Diner.
“Sorry about him,” half-heartily replied Jet. “He’s not too happy about the amount damage that has been done.”
My face fell, if Poison was upset about the amount of damage that had been done, what did the aftermath of this look like?
“Just tell me,” I responded after a moment of silence. “I have a right to know.”
Jet looked behind me and nodded, I turned around and saw a glimpse of red hair before it vanished, leaving an empty window.
“”What did he say?” I asked, curious to know what my brother had told his companion to the City.
“Poison said, he’ll tell you tomorrow; he wants to say it himself, but he needs time to compose himself. He didn’t know it would be this bad,” Jet explained cautiously; as if one thing he said would set me off.
“I understand,” I replied. “Thanks for going with him, I know he appreciates it.”
Jet nodded and walked inside the Diner, the wooden door silently closing behind him.
My coffee was cold by now, so I walked out, past the Diner to a small withering bush and threw the liquid onto it.
I then turned and quickly walked back to the Diner, night in the desert can also be a scary place; of demons and hidden meanings in things that your mind turns into your worst nightmare.
The Diner’s warm rooms and more coffee welcomed me back happily, though this time, I opted out of coffee and went straight to the bedroom where Ghoul, Jet and Poison lay sleeping.
I quietly maneuvered my way to my air mattress and lay down on it, my brother’s red hair tickling my nose.
After a long day of waiting for a verdict from the two men that went to Battery City, my eyes closed immediately and my breathing soon evened out.
*
Party-Poison’s POV:
I didn't sleep well last night; my dreams were haunted by the visions of Battery City.
The white clean streets and the buildings that stand tall on the foundation that used to belong to a different civilization. The people though, I can't even call them people because they have been brainwashed so much that they have lost all sense of their humanity. No human soul had ever existed in those people that walk the streets.
The Dracs are the worse though, by far they are the worse; they walk the streets with their bleach-white guns, always looking for us, the killjoys. That's all they do, all day, and when night falls a new army takes their place and the other Dracs go back to their master, Korse.
That is whom I hate with every single fiber of my being; he is the man who created the pill, the one that wanted perfection. And he got it, he got what he wanted because those people were weak, they cracked under the gift of perfection. But, those people didn't stay long enough to see what he had created, the aftermath of perfection.
*
When I realized I was the only one that was still sleeping, I hauled myself off my air mattress and went out to join the others.
Kobra would want to know what was so bad that I couldn’t talk about it last night when Jet and I returned. Ghoul would want to know too, he deserves to know; they all deserve to see what has happened to the place we used to call home.
Kobra looked at me when I came into the kitchen, his eyes full of hunger to know what had happened.
I smiled at him, grabbed Jet’s arm and pulled him out of the kitchen and into the lounge. “We’re taking them to the City, they deserve to see and to know what has happened there.”
Jet nodded, as if he agreed; but his eyes told a different story.
Why doesn’t he want to go…?
“Why?” I asked; grabbing Jet’s arm when he attempted to leave me standing there on my own.
“Why what?” he asked, his eyes were nervous now, darting back and forth.
“Why don’t you want me to take them to see Battery City?” I asked, my voice soft and open to a reply.
“They’re both so young,” Jet cracked and opened up. “I mean, Kobra’s only seventeen and Ghoul’s just sixteen! They don’t need to see the aftermath of this when they’re so young.”
“So, just keep them in the dark?” I asked, trying to understand what Jet was saying.
“Yeah…” Jet replied, nodding.
“We’re old enough to take care of ourselves,” Ghoul’s annoyed voice broke the silence between Jet and I.
“Why don’t you want to see?” demanded Kobra. “You promised Poison, you said you would! Did this world change my brother too?”
“Kobra, wait…” I tried to grab my brother before he ran off, but he disappeared out of the Diner before anyone could stop him.
“Oh great,” mumbled Ghoul. “Now he’s out on his own.”
“It’s my fault,” I whispered. “It was my idea to even go see the City in the first place and look at the fighting it’s caused.”
“Poison, I’ll go find him; maybe he’ll talk to me,” offered Jet.
“No way,” Ghoul replied. “You guys are the reason he’s annoyed, I’ll go find him and bring him back. But, we go to the City tonight.”
Jet and I nodded.
“Please make sure he’s okay,” I replied.
Ghoul didn’t reply, just walked out of the Diner and into the dangerous place that we now call home; and my brother was out their on his own.
*
Kobra-Kid’s POV:
The sun had only been beating down on me for ten minutes and I was ready to collapse into the sandy-colored dirt and die. My lips were dry and I licked them, getting rid of any moisture left on my tongue.
What am I going to do? Poison will probably come looking for me, he’ll apologize and then we’ll go back to the Diner and make-up.
I didn’t want to make-up though; I’m so tired of him treating me like a kid. This place is dangerous we all know that; Dracs lurk at every corner and are ready to kill in a single second using as many bullets as it takes for your heart to stop beating. As many bullets as it takes to get you on the floor, the light leaving your eyes as they stand over you, mask showing no emotion as they fire that one close-range bullet that leaves you with a single sound in your mind as you fall down, down.
Boom.
“Kobra! Kobra!” Ghoul’s voice brought me out of my mind and into the desert; the one person I could actually stand to talk too.
I turned around and he was running towards me, his hair wind-swept and his boots kicking up sand and creating small dust storms that died down after about ten seconds.
“What?” I asked; arms crossed across my chest.
“Look, I know how you feel about Poison and Jet treating us like kids, but Poison promised me he’d take us to see the City tonight. We’ll show him we’re not kids anymore Kobra, but that’s a childish move, running off like that,” Ghoul explained.
I hung my head in shame; it was immature running off like that and not staying to face my problems. It only caused more arguments and issues when I ran off.
“Are you gonna come back?” asked Ghoul.
I looked up and nodded my head. “Yeah, I will; when are we leaving for the City?”
Ghoul shook his head and started walking back to the Diner. “I dunno, probably when the sun starts going down; Jet’s gonna have to stay to protect the Diner, but we’ll be back before tomorrow morning.”
I nodded and started following Ghoul back to the Diner. “Yeah, that’s when Poison will probably leave, knowing him.”
The rest of the ten-minute walk back was quiet; no Dracs were out looking for killjoys today, which was weird because they’re always some out. I didn’t mention it though, because it might off just caused more problems.

Fun-Ghoul’s POV:
The walk to the Diner was mostly held in silence, after our conversation about when we’d leave for the City, the talking stopped.
We mused in the silent desert; the wind blowing every now and then and the sun beat down on our backs.
“We’re back!” I called out when Kobra and I came close enough to the Diner that the two other men inside could hear us.
“Kobra! Is he okay?” Poison came running outside to his brother, who narrowed his eyes at his older sibling.
“I can take care of myself Poison,” he replied. “I am fine, there’s no Dracs out today for some reason.”
“Maybe they’ll being held in Battery City for some reason,” Jet replied, coming outside to join us.
“Or they could be planning a giant attack on the Zones,” I joked and received a death glare from a very annoyed Poison. “Relax guys, stop taking everything so seriously. Be happy there’s no Dracs out today and enjoy it; we’ll stay out here in the shade. I’ll get some coffee and we’ll talk; now sit.”
Everyone looked surprised as I walked inside the Diner to get coffee; when I came back, balancing four cups with two hands and an arm, everyone sat down and drank our coffee in the desert silence.
Sign up to rate and review this story