Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dark Side Of The Moon

Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 0 reviews

I hated this life, this cursed life of moonlight and shadows.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-01-20 - Updated: 2012-07-24 - 933 words

0Unrated
Gerard`s pov
I stroll out of the music shop, slowly making my way down the now empty high street, my head spinning, one hundred and one thoughts buzzing through it, all centred on the beautiful human boy.
Frank Iero.
The black and blonde haired teenager was stunning to say the least. With his pale, but not unhealthily so flawless skin, his bright, intelligent chocolate coloured eyes and his adorable short height. I suppose that I had always found the other, slightly younger boy good looking, even as a child he had stood out to me, but now I thought he was absolutely gorgeous.
And so completely off limits.
He was a hunter, not a willing one from what I had heard, but still. Today had been such a stupid, risky mistake, something I should have never done. But it had been years since I had last seen Frank sitting on the outskirts of the forest, tears streaming from his perfect eyes. I had so badly wanted to close the few metres distance between us and wipe them away, but I couldn’t. It would have been breaking one of the most important rules of the pack. No interfering with humans.
As I near the edge of the bright, lush green forest, I break out into a fast run, shifting form as I do so. My long pale slender legs changed and my arms grew longer, jet black fur growing from them. My spine burned and tingled as it`s structure shifted from that of a human, stinging for a brief second, but I barely noticed it, as my body changed, becoming that of a wolf.
I race through the trees, down well memorised muddy tracks, disturbing animals and tree roots as I hurry towards the clearing, anxious as I wonder if anyone noticed my long absence.
When I reach the clearing, I see that nearly everyone was there, baking in the weak sunlight that trickled down through the tree branches, or snacking on the dead carcass of a large dear. I spot the sandy furred wolf, Ellora drinking from the cool, bubbling river along with a few of my other friends.
I am about to run over to them, when my younger, brown furred brother Mikey stops me by nipping on my left, furry ear, sinking his sharp teeth into the flesh painfully.
“Owww! You bastard!” I hiss in pain, shoving the lanky, slightly smaller wolf away from me.
“What was that for?!”
He whines, and lies down on the soft grass, looking up at me with forgiving hazel eyes. I sit down next to him cautiously; if he was going to bite me again he would be in for it.
“Where have you been all afternoon Gerard?” He question, looking up at me, tilting his ears forward.
I frown and turn away, hoping that he would soon grow bored of this conversation and drop it. “I went for a run.” I lie expertly but today didn`t seem to be my lucky day.
“No you didn`t. Don`t lie to me.”
“I`m not lying. “I insist.
“You went into the town, you reek of humans.” He gets to his paws angrily, his eyes deep pools of concerns, showing that he was only angry because he cared. “It isn’t safe Gee, you know it isn`t. It is selfish and reckless of you to keep running off into their world.”
“Mikes I-“
“We don`t belong in that world Gerard, why won`t you just accept it?!” Because I didn`t want to accept it.
I hated this life, this cursed life of moonlight and shadows. I didn`t feel as though I fully belonged here in the forest, and yet I had been told ever since I was a young child to stay clear of the human world. I didn`t feel as though I belonged anywhere.
“Gerard you are going to be crowned Alpha at the next full moon, you need to grow up and act your age, for the good of the pack!” He spits and storms of, his tail fluffed out behind his thin body.
I whine and lie down on the ground, head on my muddy paws, confused, feeling guilty for disappointing him.
“Hey.” Ellora smiles toothily at me.
“I`m not really in the mood, alright?” she nods understanding just like she always did.
“Well when you are I`ll be over at the river with the others, kay?”
I nod, not wanting to disappoint her by saying that I wasn`t in the mood to be around anyone to day, not even my friends.
I get up and slowly make my way over to the wooden large cabin like building that we all slept in, and collapse down on my warm, soft bed.
I didn`t want to be Alpha. I just didn`t think that I could take the pressure, I wasn`t cut out for it. I just wanted to be normal, I couldn’t even be a normal wolf, so what did that make me? A freak amongst the freaks.
I whine pitifully in the empty, dark room, an image of Frank coming to mind, making me even more confused. In less than a months time when I became Alpha, I was to be married to Ellora, my best friend. And yet these strong fluttering feelings I had for the human boy overpowered everything. I didn`t love Ellora, the wolf I was supposed to rule the pack with, but I had somehow fallen in love with a human…
Sign up to rate and review this story