Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Rise Up to Your Fate

Prologue

by Drodi 6 reviews

Harry Potter, savior of the wizarding world, is abandoned, bruised and beaten in the slums of London. With the help of some unlikely rolemodels he rises to fulfill his destiny. Rating for language ...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Blaise Zabini, Cho, Draco, Dumbledore, Fleur, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Snape, Tonks - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-06-22 - Updated: 2006-06-23 - 645 words

5Original
First off, I own nothing Harry Potter. That's all property of the great JK Rowling. Second, this is my first fic, so bare with me. Reviews and comments would be appreciated, especially constructive criticism. But hey, I'll accept anything. Tell me if I should continue this or not, if you say I shouldn't then I won't. Okay? Try to enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prologue


Headmaster Dumbledore,
As you have no doubt been informed by this point in time, Harry Potter is no longer in the care of his muggle relations. He was found half dead in one a back alley in the slums of London. He shows a sign of extreme abuse and by our estimation has had no food in more than a week. After only a few hours we all love the boy.
We shall care for him, provide him with all his necessities and all the love and care he needs. We are all of magical decent and he will receive a good education from us. We ask that he not attend Hogwarts until sixth year, until after his magical maturation. We will teach him everything a Hogwarts student would learn and more. He will be powerful one day, and he will need all the help he can get.
The Ladies of London

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, sighed as he neatly folded the letter and placed it upon his desk. "Oh Harry, how could I have failed you so?" he asked no one in particular as he rubbed his temples.
From the moment Harry was born, Albus had thought of him as a grandson. Such a happy, quiet baby he was. After the death of Harry's parents, he'd had no choice but to place him in the care of the Dursley's; Harry's last living relatives. He had been skeptic about doing so, but had convinced himself that Harry would be safest there.
Albus was just happy that The Ladies of London had found him, he knew that however ruthless they may be, they were all good people. The Ladies of London were a group of prostitutes; most being either Witches or Squibs. Most sane men wouldn't be happy that the savior of the Wizarding world was in the care of prostitutes, but Albus had taught most of them himself, and while most were not the greatest students, they all had the best intentions. Besides, The Ladies of London were a tight knit group, they didn't let a single member get harmed, and they protected each other.
They would all undoubtedly raise Harry to be a good man, if not a very open and street smart one. Albus chuckled at the thought. Harry would undoubtedly be very comfortable around women when he grew older.
Just then, Transfiguration Professor Minerva McGonagall burst through the door, flushed and out of breath. "Albus- Potter, he's gone!"
"Calm yourself Minerva, he is safe. There is no need to worry about him at this point in time," Dumbledore stated calmly, as though nothing was wrong. Not showing any sign of the guilt and worry plaguing his mind at the moment.
"Are you certain? I speak for almost all the staff when I say I could never forgive myself if something were to happen to the boy," she said, flustered.
"Quite certain, my dear, now I do believe you must prepare for classes?" he asked, his tone conveying that she should leave. And leave she did, after a hurried farewell.
Albus once again sighed as he leaned over a fresh piece of parchment, dipping his quill in emerald ink, forming a reply.


Many miles away, the object of everyone's worry was slumbering peacefully, blissfully oblivious to the woes of the world.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how was it? Short, I know,tell me if I should continue it or not. Remeber to review, and thankyou!

-Drodi
Sign up to rate and review this story