Categories > Original > Horror

Dead End

by Skulletones 0 reviews

Category: Horror - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Horror - Published: 2012-01-30 - Updated: 2012-01-30 - 2883 words

0Unrated
It was a horrible day on which my cursed wish came true. I had woken up crying from a dream I can't even remember, my Mother was still asleep on the couch covered in cuts from last nights fight and my Father was still in bed with some other mistress when I left the house. I thought the day would be good at the Bus Stop as I was videoing my best friend Mika dancing around on the road, but that day someone decided to throw a flaming paper ball of doom and it hit the Bus Driver causing him to let go of the wheel and loose control of the Bus, smashing into Mika. The video still lives, the oly thing I have left to remember his happiness. I was kicked out of yet another class because of lack of work and continous crying. But my friend had just died and no one gave a damn. Through out Interval I had people coming up to me telling me Mika deserved to die. I had run up to the roof of the school building screaming "I wish the world would end!". That was when I noticed someone limping up the pathway towards a group of girls. The screaming started then, I watched limply mouth hung open as the mayhem unravelled. It started with the limp person biting and rapping their arms and legs around the girl, ripping off her flesh. Then the friends came to help. It latched off the first girl went for for another, soon they were getting up again and going for other groups. I was brought back to reality when a loud crash and screams were at the door opening to the roof. "Help me!" Ashley screamed out to me, she was one of the main people rubbing it in that my only friend had died, she was now being dragged down the staircase her now undead boyfriend. Tough Love. Mika. "Kammaya! Help!" Ashley screamed clawing the ground. I watched as someof her nails broke off, her blood making the concret slippery. I walked up to her and gave her the same smirk she did me, "You deserve to die." I said coldly stomping on her hands then watching as she was dragged down screaming in pain and fear to her death. "Mika, you got it easy." I whispered before slamming it door and piccking up the metal shovel near the gardeners wheelbarrow. Just my luck this was up here.

Picking up one of the basseball bats I ran back to Emily in the sports shed. "It's okay, we'll make it out alive." I assured her wrapping my arms around her in a quick hug.
"Tracy, what's happening? Why is everyone eating each other?" Emily asked close to tears.
"Shh, don't cry, remember those silly stories my brother used to scare us with when we were little? The ones with the Zombies?" She nodded her head. "It's just those, but that's okay cause we'll beat them all up and run away."
"Ohh! Your so smart Tracy! I'm glad to be with you!" I sighed that Emily wasn't go to cry anymore, it was times like these that I wish her elevator did go up to the top floor though, cause now I'm going to have to find a way to bust out of here without getting eaten by those things. "Tracy?" I looked at Emily, her blonde hair, pretty face fulled with worry.
"Here put these on." I said throwing her a hockey mask and a protecters pad.
"But these don't suit my outfit." Emily pouted.
"Emily, if you don't then you'll be wearing that same outfit for eternity." I said trying not to get snappy. But that shut her up as she started throwing them on. I threw on some of my own as she came up behind me.
"Are we going out there?"
"Yes, hold on to my arm and don't let go. If one of them touches you use this." I said handing her a Crikit Bat. "On Three. One." Emily linked arms. "Two." We readied our bats. "Three."

Haraldur-Adalstienn
Yeah so today was my first day at this school in Whagnarei New Zealand. It looked up to be a promising day. But unfortunately I had gotten really nervous and forgot my English and now, my mind was in a total panic shock. So I remember not a single ounce of damn English. I was sitting under a tree enjoying the beauty when I first saw the Lifandi dauður attack. Unlike everyone else who ran to help their ástvinur friends I ran straight to the car park hoping to hi-jack a car and get the hell out of here. "Come on, come on." I said trying to hook up the right wires, when suddenly the car came to life. "Yes!" Putting the Van into gear and stamping the exalerate I laughed like a mad man driving around taking down as many of the Lifandi dauður as possible. Also looking for some survivours. Did I really take that long just to get this Van started or did the virus spread that fast? Looking around I noticed that some of these dauður weren't students or teachers. I honked the horn a couple of times hoping someone would hear. There's no way I can survive this alone. The people on the movies who try that always loose. Fífl.

"If we hold on tight they can't get us." Emily said softly as we ran through the feild.
"Yeah." I replied swinging my bat in every direction with all my force knocking back the limp bodies that came too close.
"Was that a car?" Emily squealed. At first I thought she was just hearing things, but then I heard a car motor and the screeches of tires turning sharp corners. Hope.
"Come on!" I yelled yanking Emily with my left arm.
"There are more coming!" Emily screamed.
"Use your bat! Defend them off. We're almost there!" Suddenly a Van came screeching around the corner. "Over here!" I screamed waving my bat up.
"Oii!" A voice called out.
"Hey Tracy it's that girl who's friend got hit by the bus this morning." Emily said pulling my armor. I turned around to see a familiar brunette busting her way through the mass crowd of limp bodies swinging a shovel at all directions not letting any touch her. The Van swerved and stoped right behind me. Someone started shouting.
"Emily! Get in!" I shouted sliding the door open. Jumping in after her, I hopped up behind the drivers seat. "Go, over there!" I said pointing to the girl. The driver was a male who looked about 17, he had bleach white hair and silver eye's. He nodded and slamed into gear.
"No! No! No!" Emily squealed wedging her bat in the Zombies mouth trying to push it out. "Tracy! He's trying to eat my bat!" Emily screamed like a child about to start a tantrum. The driver gave me a 'really?' look but said nothing. Picking up my bat I ran to the back and swung hitting the former Maths Teacher in the neck, sending his head flying.
"Shit!" I cursed as my my bat splitted in half down the side.
"Move!" The girl shouted as she dived into the back of the van.
"Good thing this is a Hippy Van and has no seats huh?" Emily laughed. Kammaya gave me a 'Did she really just say that in this situation look?' I nodded after a sigh.

I rolled my eye's and jumped in the front seat next to the driver. "What's your name?" I asked casually as we hit a couple of Zombies, one rolling up on the windscrene flying over the van. He just looked at me and then back to the road ahead. "Fine then, be too cool." I turned in my seat. "I'm Kammaya." The girl in glasses with black hair nodded.
"I'm Tracy. And this is Emily." She said pulling the blonde and blues away from the window.
"Hi! Nice to meet you! I heard about your friend, I'm sorry about what happened. Tracy and I were on the bus and-" I cut out her voice as her words sank in. She was the first to feel sorry towards Mika. I felt tears welling up as the metal picture of the bus hitting Mika replayed in my mind. But I couldn't cry now, I'm not giving up yet.
"So who's this guy?" I asked Tracy pointing over to the white haired driver. She shrugged. I turned back to him. "Being a dick isn't going to win this fight buddy, so I'm Kammaya." I said putting out my hand. He looked at me and started saying what sounded like nonsense.
"Sjá, ég því miður en ég get ekki talað ensku núna."
"He's Icelandic." Tracy said from the back.
"Seriously?" I said not amused.
"Don't worry! Tracy know's three different languages!" Emily celebrated throwing her hands up in the air.
"So we got saved by an Icelandic guy, who by the looks of it hot-wired the Van and one of the girls he saved just happened to know Icelandic? This isn't funny. Look the smart one even has a dumb one right beside her."
"What'd you say?" Tracy's asked coldly giving me the evils as her dumb friend started going off in tears. Suddenly Ice man started repeating 'Af hverju er hún að gráta?Af hverju er hún að gráta?'
"What the fucks he saying?" I asked.
"You wanna insult Emily again and I'll feed you to the Zombies!" Tracy screamed.
"Oh yeah?"
"Tracy no!" Emily sniffed.
"Fá tilbúinn. Við erum brjóstmynd í gegnum hlið."
"Tracy, what's he say?" Emily asked pulling on Tracy's shirt.
"We're about to bust through the gates. Emily hold onto the side." I quickly turned around and strapped on my seatbelt bracing myself. In a heart beat the Van crashed through the school gates, air bags bursting out smashing into mine and the drivers face. The van swerved and came to a stop. Coughing I punched at the air bag trying to get it out of my face. "Start the car! They're coming!" Tracy screamed. "Byrja bílnum! Þeir eru að koma!" I looked in the wing mirror and saw what looked like the whole school following us out. Now punching at the drivers air bag to help him free. The moment it was down a little he stomped on the exalerate and put it into gear. We raced through Whangarei passing screaming people getting eaten or some just lying there half eaten waiting to die. By the time we had stopped the sun was setting and we were out of the town part and in an unfamiliar neighbourhood. The driver pulled up outside a house and started talking. I turned around and looked at Tracy raising my eyebrows.
"He said his name is Haraldur, Haraldur-Adalstienn, last name doesn't matter. He just thought it'd b nice to share that incase he doesn't survive so atleast someone here will know him. He's going to go check inside the house for any living dead, if there aren't any then we can hopefully stay there." I nodded at our small game plan, but hey in a world like this it might save our lives "I'll go with him. Emily you stay in here and wait, got it?" She said firmly before Emily could object.
"I'll jump behind the wheel incase there are more than you two can handle." I said scoping out the drive way for any ditches or things that could ruin a hastey escape. Tracy nodded in agreement then told Haraldur the plan. I unbuckled myself as Tracy and Haraldur crept out with the bats and crawled into the front seat careful not to move the gear shift or honk the horn. I watched as Tracy and Haraldur entered the front gate and then the house. Emily keeping watch for any Zombie's.
"Hey Kammaya?" Emily whispered.
"What?"
"Do you think we'll all die getting eaten by them?" She asked voice quivering
"If we play our cards wrong we will."
"What?"
"Well for instance, Tracy and Haraldur have played a 50/50 card where they either die or survive, with us being in the truck we have the better chance of survival."
"No!" Emily screamed and started crying.
"Hey shut up! Do you want to attract the Zombies?! Calm down, look their coming out of the house their alive!" I tried to comfort her. Tracy gave the ok sign and I jumped out. "Come on Emily, it's okay. Look there's Tracy." At the mention of Tracy, Emily flew out of the van to her side. I stared for a moment at them, jealous of their friendship.
"Right so where's dinner? Anyone else hungry?" I asked walking up into the house.

The house looked untouched by any Zombie activity, apart from the dog outside that the girls hadn't noticed, I made a note to go and finish the job later while the girls were busy. I started to explore the house, scanning it to see if it had anything useful other than food and shelter. The small kitchen was skýr, so was the joint dining room and lounge room. I opened a door that led into a hallway of six doors all closed, but something didn't feel right. I stopped for a second and listened. Dead silence. I jumped and placed myself in a stance ready to punch when I felt a tap on my back. It was that Kammaya girl. I placed a finger on my lips to quiet her before she could talk. We stood there for a while listening to the silence, then I heard it. The sound of Guns and and explosions. I looked back at Kammaya and I knew she had heard it too. Careful not to make any noise I walked up to the first door on the right had side of the narrow hall. I put my hand on the knob and in one swift soundless motion opened the door. I heard Kammaya gasp as the corpse of what looked like a 20 year old man lay on the floor in his blood half eaten. The sound of Guns and explosions had been coming from his X-Box game. "Fjandans lifandi dauður." I murmered. I turned to Kammaya, "Tracy." I said and beckoned to go get her. She nodded and ran off. I walked into the room examining the dauður maður. Looking for signs that he'd hækkun and started walking again. I turned around when I heard Tracy coming. "How long do you think til he wakes up?" I asked her.
"I don't know. But we need to get rid of him soon before he does." Tracy replied her eye's cold.
"Don't suppose you have any weapons on you?"
"No, but Emily found a lighter in the Kitchen. If we had get the body out of here we can burn him." I nodded and bent down to start dragging him. "What are you doing? Don't touch him!" Tracy said almost screaming.
"Why?"
"We don't know how many ways the virus can spread. Come, we'll go find coats, jackets and gloves before we move him." After a quick inspection of the rest of the rooms we found that he was the only one in the house but at least three others had lived here too. In the room next to the one with the dauður maður we found some coats and pants and found some gardening gloves in the shed outside. Before we started to move the dauður maður Tracy made sure that Emily was in another room with Kammaya watching a movie so she wouldn't scream and give away our location to any Lifandi dauður that may be around. We ending up carrying his body to the back yard and threw him over the fence. Deciding that it wouldn't be a good idea to burn his body right next to the house we carried it to the far end of the paddock and a little up the grass hill. It was hard trying to light him afire since most of his body was damp with blood but once he started burning he burned like a motherfucker. We ran back to the fence chocking on the purple/black smoke rising from him. I took one last look back at him before I jumped the fence to see he was up and coming our way slowly.
"Tracy." I said jumping the fence. "He's up!" She turned around and saw him,
"Shit. Don't worry it's a long way he'll burn to death before he gets anywhere near us. Come on, it's getting dark, we need to eat and get an early night for a good start tomorrow."


Yeah this is a little writers note thing, so this is my first attempt at a horror type story, sorry if it's not scary but yeah I'm trying. Also you would have noticed I've got an Icelandic character in there and I don't know Icelandic so I'm using Google Translate, so I'm sorry if I get some words wrong.
Sign up to rate and review this story