Categories > Original > Fantasy > Blood Spill

Chapter 3

by Demonstar 0 reviews

Choices are always, to one extent or another, difficult. One must always take into account the effect it will show; the consiquences it will cause. I wonder, what would happen if you were to make t...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Published: 2006-06-24 - Updated: 2006-06-25 - 1229 words

0Unrated
Swirling anger, burning as hot as an inferno, blazing fires raging with hate and angst. All of it masked by the coolness comfort of and soothing. Light and darkness, good and evil, life and death, there has always been an invisible line separating the forces. Recently, however, this line has been made visible. You must choose a side to cross. Which will it be?

"I don't know..." I felt dizzy and weak, my voice was cracking.

Lies, you know which side you wish to choose. Which shall it be?

I was hesitant to answer, "I don't want to choose..." I was starting to feel queasy like I was going to be sick at any moment.

You have no choice.

Someone, please help me, "But I-"

Choose.

I will not be controlled , "No..." I speak as loud as I could, my voice coming out as a whisper.

You would defy us?

I was starting to get pissed off, my dizziness was replaced by awareness, "Damn right I would! I'm the only one who's allowed to control of my life!"

You must choose, it is your destiny.

Queasiness taken over by my resolve, "I don't believe in destiny! I choose the path I want to walk and no one else as a right to take my freedom from me! I will not be ordered!" Confusion replaced with wisdom, "I choose neither!"

There was a brief silence, you will regret this.

I huffed, "I've regretted a lot of things. So I figure what's one more thing on my conscience? Shouldn't hurt too much."

We shall see.

The ground beneath me fell away before I realized what was happening. The sense of falling seemed to clench the inside of my gut and squeezed as hard as it could as the air rushed around my body, engulfing me with it's chilly grasp until it all faded away and I landed in the nothingness that is my hell.

-

That is how I arrived here. Well, actually, I don't. I know how I arrived at this particular place, yes, but I don't know how I ended up in that first place. You know, to be honest, I had actually wanted to choose light. That's not an option for me, however, not after all I have done. My heart is too cold, too dead to have such a privilege. Maybe you all were right; maybe I am just a monster. Maybe I've become so cold in my own hatred that I can no longer feel or see what I have become.

But that doesn't mean I won't go into denial, god damn it. Screw the darkness, I'm a fighter, always have been. Ever since I was a babe I've had to fend for myself and I'll be damned (no pun intended) if I won't fight this 'destiny' of mine. It's my life, god darn it, I'll choose how to run it.

That being if I can find out the following things:

1) Where am I?
2) How do I get out?
3) I miss that sword that one cliché guy gave me.

But I can't really do much exploring at them moment, kind of paralyzed.

I could picture that sword in my hand I remembered it so clearly. I saw the hand chiseled bronze hilt with its fine leather gripping, I could see the long well rounded, yet still sharp, blade that gleamed brilliantly in the light as if it had been made of crystal, a masterpiece, and a work of art, crafted by the ultimate weapon smith.

But then I remembered the fire, the white hot inferno of destruction that it had caused with a simple sweep of the blade. I remembered the agony I had felt as the heat burned through the well wrapped leather of the hilt just before I had passed out here. Seems monsters can be beautiful.

A glimmer of pale light caught my attention and halted my thoughts.

I turned my head weakly which made my neck tingle a bit. It beamed again, this time a little farther to the left, red this time, and vanished a second later. It happened again, yellow, but it was directly above me. Before I had turned my head to face it shot downward down to my feet and left a trail of hot fire that burned red and gold. The flames hovered in the air for a brief moment before vanishing. Then it happened again, but it was very close, hovering right eye my right eye. Then the glowing orb literally exploded in a fiery rage.

I howled in unbelievable agony, the skin on face charred black and swollen, and blood seeping from the cracked skin. I tried desperately to move my arms for to clench my throbbing face but they were still immobile.

Another large sphere formed above me again, larger then the others. It began to grow and get bigger. Realization hit me like a tree falling on a man, it wasn't growing it was coming right at me. As it got closer I could see it was burning like a meteor, gold and red mixing together in dancing beauty, and a dance of death.

Fear gripped my heart and deep inside my chest I could feel my body releasing adrenaline, finding some desperate way for me to escape; Fight or flight. Unfortunately, I was in no position to do either. Sweat began to poor down my neck as I began to feel the death bringing heat. I clenched my eyes tightly and turned away, waiting for the end.

I felt a twinge in my left shoulder.

The heat vanished, the light faded and I opened my eyes. That's when I saw them; those soul stealing yellow eyes, staring intently at me.

"B-boss?!" the fear had come to me ten-fold.

"Laxain, you weakling! How can you let such magics as these take control of your mind?" he growled every word he spoke, each syllable his voice got lower and angrier. His eyes narrowed, but the sinister glowing that his eyes radiated was still very clear.

"What?" my head was swirling and it felt as if I was going to be sick. I heaved a few dry heaves but nothing came up; my stomach was empty.

He growled again, his voice deep and annoyed, "Pathetic!" he reached down and wrapped his hands around my throat tightly. He squeezed so hard that he cut off my airways. Slowly he lifted me, never speeding up so that he could demonstrate that I had no control over the situation.

He pulled his other arm back as if he was getting ready to strike me. His palm wasn't closed, however, it looked as if he was getting ready to grab something...

...oh no...

"Your heart is getting in the way of your job, Larxain. Time to get rid of it," he thrust forward at my chest with such speed that I couldn't see it.

With the last of the air in my lungs I shouted, "I choose the light!" he froze in place and I finally passed out welcoming the sweet release of sleep. I fell into the light.


CHAPTER FOOT NOTES:
I would just like to point out that I KNOW I have the bad habit of switching tenses from present to past to future alot. It's a habit I'm trying desperatly to berak so please don't scold me.
Sign up to rate and review this story