Categories > Celebrities > Cinderella

Letters From Hell

by kaylabonjovi 0 reviews

Kayla decides a letter is the best way to tell Tom how she feels

Category: Cinderella - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-02-12 - Updated: 2012-02-12 - 626 words - Complete

0Unrated
She plopped down on the couch and the Jolly Walrus Cookie Basket caught her eye. It was a gift to Robin from a client she tattooed earlier this week. Anonymous letter, she thought out of nowhere. The whole point of sending an anonymous letter was so Tom would think it was someone else. Kayla needed to tell him that she was in love with him face-to-face. She was afraid that meeting with her would scare him away if he knew ahead of time that she wanted to talk to him. They've been avoiding each other for nearly two weeks.


She opened her notebook to the next blank page and wrote:


Tom, meet me at Eagle Park at the fountain at ten. We need to talk.


She ripped out the page and folded it into a square. Kayla hurried to the kitchen and took an envelope from the hutch drawer. She stuffed the note inside and wrote Tom's name on the front.




♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥




A loud ding sounded through Tom's apartment. Fred set the T.V remote aside on the couch and got up.


"Tom, I think that was your door bell." Fred called.


Tom was in the kitchen warming up a plate of left over pizza in the microwave.


Fred poked his head down the hall. The apartment floor was silent except for the sound of cool air whistling through the air vents.


"Hmm... No one's here." Fred said as he closed the door. Something caught his eye. A white envelope fell from the door.


When Fred picked it up, he noticed Tom's name written on the front and nothing else. He opened the envelope and unfolded the page.


Tom, meet me at Eagle Park at the fountain at ten. We need to talk.


There was no name, no nothing. But whoever it was, she obviously knew Birch Falls if she knew Eagle Park. Was this a secret meeting? Was Tom seeing someone other than Emily?


Fred quickly folded the note and placed it back inside the envelope. He was going to find out what was going on.




♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥




"I'm going to the store," Kayla called through the house. "I'll be back later. Need anything?"


Robin and Cheyenne were in the living room watching a movie.


"No," Cheyenne said, barely looking away from the T.V screen.


"I'm fine." Robin said.


When those two got into a movie, the rest of the world was a haze they payed little attention to. The movie probably wouldn't end for another hour. It was plenty of time for Kayla to sneak off to the park.




♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥




Fred's watch said it was just after nine forty-five. The sky was pale with the impending darkness.


A baseball game was playing over on the first diamond at Eagle Park. Cars lined the front parking lot. Fred found an open spot farther down and got out. He hurried over to the fountain with ten minutes to spare.


It was darker over here without the lights from the baseball game. Fred found a good hiding spot behind a large Chestnut tree.


A darkened figure cut through the trees. The gurgling of the fountain quieted the footsteps. Fred held his breath.


The person walked into a sliver of moonlight slicing through the thick canopy of trees.


It was Kayla.


Fred stalked out from his hiding spot.


"Why were you meeting Tom?" He said.


Kayla's eyes grew wide, her mouth dropped open.


"I...uhh..."


"And why did you send a letter without your name?"


Kayla ranked her teeth over her bottom lip.


"Fred..."


That's all she had to say to make Fred realize what was going on.


"Oh..."
(all my posts can be found on my main page. i apprechiate comments and followers, thanks for reading! :) http://thegame1985.blogspot.com/
Sign up to rate and review this story