Categories > Celebrities > Cinderella

Carnival of Sins

by kaylabonjovi 0 reviews

They attend a local carnival

Category: Cinderella - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-02-12 - Updated: 2012-02-12 - 384 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Birch Falls Carnival came into town every year in mid-July. When Robin was a kid, her parents would bring her, send her on the little kiddie rides while her mother stood back, her camera in hand, snapping pictures of a laughing Robin. Those pictures were stuffed in a tote somewhere in her closet, forgotten like the rest of her mother's life.


"How was work today?" Jeff asked, offering the woman at the ticket counter a twenty-dollar bill.


Robin looked around the carnival, a massive affair set up in the middle of a field on the north side of town. Red and yellow and green lights shone brightly against the darkening sky. A smooth, excited voice sounded through a speaker system, "Welcome to the twenty-sixth annual Birch Falls Carnival. carnival bracelets can be purchased at every enterance at the ticket booths." The message went on, announcing a chain-saw-carving exhibit near the west enterance and a magic show later that night. A group of young girls ran past Robin, headed for the rollar coaster ride shaped like an alligator.


"Work was fine," Robin awnsered absently, scanning the faces for someone familiar. Her friends were supposed to be meeting her here. Cheyenne said to meet by this enterance but Robin didn't see her, or anyone for that matter.


"Robin?" Jeff called. "We have to get your bracelet."


Robin went to the ticket booth and stuck her arm inside the little opening at the bottom of the plexiglas window. The large woman on the other side wound a pink plastic bracelet around Robin's wrist and tightened it into place, snipping off the excess with a pair of scissors.


"Enjoy the carnival," the woman said.


"Thanks," Robin twirled the bracelet around. "What color did you get?"


Jeff held up his, frowning, "Same color."


Robin laughed. "It looks good on you!"


The frown disappeared and Jeff smiled. "Thanks." He put his arm around Robin's shoulders and pulled her into his chest.


"Robin!"


Robin looked over towards a game booth dominated by teddy bears the size of a St. Bernard. Cheyenne and Kayla waved. Fred grabbed a teddy bear from the man behind the booth front. Eric laughed at the very small difference in size between Fred and his new toy.


The group converged to the center of the midway.
Sign up to rate and review this story